Mike D      Does not look like any other WV launches for the remainder of 2012!! The remainder of the WV launches are supposed to be completed by end end of next year!!! Here are the marke... Ver más...
Mike D     Does not look like any other WV launches for the remainder of 2012!! The remainder of the WV launches are supposed to be completed by end end of next year!!! Here are the market that will get 4G LTE by the end of the year: Selma, Ala.; Blytheville, Ark.; Flagstaff, Nogales, Prescott and Sierra Vista/Douglas, Ariz.; Eureka, Calif.; Grand Junction, Colo.; Lewiston/Moscow, Idaho; Vincennes/Washington, Ind.; Fort Dodge and Ottumwa/Oskaloosa, Iowa; Petoskey, Mich.; Willmar/Marshall, Minn.; Butte, Mont.; Grand Island/Kearney and Hastings, Neb.; Lebanon/Claremont, N.H.; Farmington and Gallup, N.M.; East Liverpool/Salem, Ohio; Muskogee, Okla.; Pendleton and Roseburg, Ore.; Sumter, S.C.; Abilene, Texas; Keene, N.H./Brattleboro, Vt.; Kennewick/Pasco/Richland, Port Angeles, Wenatchee and Yakima, Wash.; and Riverton and Rock Springs, Wyo.
I have been dealing with this since late 2008 when vzw opened the first Authorized Agent location at the Meadowbrook Mall. Not sure where you live but if you are in Harrison County its considered... Ver más...
I have been dealing with this since late 2008 when vzw opened the first Authorized Agent location at the Meadowbrook Mall. Not sure where you live but if you are in Harrison County its considered a marginal coverage area and you can get out of your contract. this has been relayed to me by technical support, believe me I have filed many trouble especially for data issues!!!!! I totally agree with your mixed communication take and I believe this is done on purpose to hold onto customers as long as possible.
I was just refering to the fact that vzw customers are frustrated with thier service especially in Morgantown. Actually this whole LTE launch in Morgantown, Fairmont, Bridgeport, & Clarksburg may... Ver más...
I was just refering to the fact that vzw customers are frustrated with thier service especially in Morgantown. Actually this whole LTE launch in Morgantown, Fairmont, Bridgeport, & Clarksburg may not happen until mid to late 2013. That info was based on a 2012 vzw press release when the initial Charleston launch and WV plan was announced. When US Cellular launches LTE it will with its sizeable footprint it will hurt verizons business. Go to US Cellular's site it actually shows the entire planned 4G launch area it's impressive!!!
What does Windstream have to do with Verizon Wireless Service??? Last week Straight Cable/Tower Service from Fairmont WV & Lumus was pulling Fiber in Stonewood WV, but that had nothing to do with... Ver más...
What does Windstream have to do with Verizon Wireless Service??? Last week Straight Cable/Tower Service from Fairmont WV & Lumus was pulling Fiber in Stonewood WV, but that had nothing to do with VZW. They were installing Fiber for US Cellular's 4G network which goes live this month in Morgantown, Preston County, Fairmont, Bridgeport, Clarksburg. After US Cellular's LTE network goes live in North Central WV all of the VZW customer's with marginal coverage will become US Cellular customer's .
Not sure what your looking at but the the map shows Morgantown as 1X for data. But when your in Morgantown your phone will show extended network, which is us celular service.
There is actually 2 different rumors as to why there is no 4G in Morgantown at this time. Both have been relayed to me by Radio Shack, and the VZW authorized agent locations. 1.) The severe weath... Ver más...
There is actually 2 different rumors as to why there is no 4G in Morgantown at this time. Both have been relayed to me by Radio Shack, and the VZW authorized agent locations. 1.) The severe weather that we had last month has put everything behind and delayed the launch for at least 2 months. 2.) VZW is in a dispute with US Cellular over rights to the area which they have until february 2013 ( Morgantown will launch at that time????? ) I live in Clarksburg, and was told in December 2011 when 3G launched here that we would have 4G by June 2012.  Everything  I have read states WV will be completed by the end of 2013, save yourself the frustration and look for the launch at that time!!!!
Native verizon 1XRTT.
Is it true that you cannot activate a 4G phone in a 1XRTT market???? Is was told by an associate at a Authorized agent location that I must drive to a EVDO supported area to activate the phone!!!... See more...
Is it true that you cannot activate a 4G phone in a 1XRTT market???? Is was told by an associate at a Authorized agent location that I must drive to a EVDO supported area to activate the phone!!!! Any info would be appreciated.
When could we expect to see other 4G markets to launch in WV,currently the only area in WV with 4G coverage is Charleston. I reside in the Clarksburg area (26301) which is close to Morgantown. ( ... See more...
When could we expect to see other 4G markets to launch in WV,currently the only area in WV with 4G coverage is Charleston. I reside in the Clarksburg area (26301) which is close to Morgantown. ( West Virginia University ) We have no EVDO coverage in the entire North Central portion of WV. Any information would be greatly appreciated.