Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,105 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

wadeo307's Posts

Why do we not agree to disagree?
I just got off the phone with a Verizon Wireless Tier 2 Tech Support Staff Member. What mama23dogs said about the ability of non-carrier-branded phones to use Wi-Fi Calling has some truth to it. Phon... See more...
I just got off the phone with a Verizon Wireless Tier 2 Tech Support Staff Member. What mama23dogs said about the ability of non-carrier-branded phones to use Wi-Fi Calling has some truth to it. Phones do have to be compatible with Wi-Fi Calling services. However, it is not true is that all unbranded phones (both Android phones and iPhones) are incompatible with Wi-Fi Calling service. As mentioned earlier, it depends on whether or not the Wi-Fi Calling capability is in the phone itself. If you want to use Wi-Fi Calling, look at the non-carrier-branded phone's tech specs webpage on the phone manufacturer's website. It it says nothing about Wi-Fi Calling capabilities, you can safely assume that Wi-Fi Calling is not supported. That information is coming from Tier 2 Customer Care. Also, if you so happen to have purchased your phone from Verizon Wireless, check the device tutorials to see if there are instructions to enable Wi-Fi Calling. If the instructions for your particular phone do not exist, then it is not Wi-Fi Calling capable. It's that easy. If you have questions about or issues with enabling Wi-Fi Calling, then you can call customer service. They will be able to assist you further.
Never mind that. It will not let me send you that video.
I use Wi-Fi Calling on my iPhone all the time (by having Wi-Fi Calling turned on, turning on Airplane Mode, turning on Wi-Fi, and then connecting to the Wi-Fi at my house), and I can still make and r... See more...
I use Wi-Fi Calling on my iPhone all the time (by having Wi-Fi Calling turned on, turning on Airplane Mode, turning on Wi-Fi, and then connecting to the Wi-Fi at my house), and I can still make and receive phone calls, as well as send and receive text messages from people who do not have iPhones. That being said, it is strange that your iPhone is behaving like this. I will send you a private message containing a video of me doing this.
If you get the iOS 12.4.2 update instead of the iOS 13 update, chances are you don't have the iPhone 6s Plus. You probably have the iPhone 6 Plus, which is not compatible. The way to determine whethe... See more...
If you get the iOS 12.4.2 update instead of the iOS 13 update, chances are you don't have the iPhone 6s Plus. You probably have the iPhone 6 Plus, which is not compatible. The way to determine whether your iPhone is an iPhone 6 Plus or an iPhone 6s Plus, you look for an "S" with a box around it on the back side under the word "iPhone".