Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,850 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Noxrazi's Posts

As the title says: I purchased a Droid Maxx at full retail price (approximately $540) to keep my grandfathered unlimited data. An unauthorized/illegal change was made by my younger sister (who... See more...
As the title says: I purchased a Droid Maxx at full retail price (approximately $540) to keep my grandfathered unlimited data. An unauthorized/illegal change was made by my younger sister (who is not an account manager and stole the information from my mom) to the plan and I was not notified within the 14-day closing period to revert the changes. For the record, both my mom and I are account managers, my younger sister is not. I went in to my account (and changed all the information) and found out that when changes are made to the account online, you have to send an authorization text to one of the phones--however, you can send this authorization to ANY of the phones on the plan, so my sister sent it to hers (instead of an account managers). So, the only reason I found out about this change to my plan was via a text message telling me I was "approaching max data," which of course should not happen with unlimited data. My younger sister did not tell anyone she made the changes. When I found out about two (nearly three) weeks ago, I called Verizon to open a ticket about it. They did, said they would call/text me back a few days later--they didn't. One week later I made another phone call to see what the status on that ticket was--the rep said that the other rep was supposed to call me, but didn't, and so he pushed the ticket again. Lo and behold, another week later, still no response from VZW about the ticket. So I called again only to find out that the request to revert the data plan back to unlimited had been denied. I spoke with that representative for nearly 40 minutes and all she could offer was some unwanted advice about what to do about my sister's behavior or that "I'm so sorry that someone would do that." I told her I wasn't looking for consolation, but for a compromise on either getting my unlimited data back, or refunding the difference between contract and full-retail price of the phone. I threatened to leave VZW because of this and all she could offer was a measly $20 credit. I have filed a BBB complaint against Verizon Wireless for this issue as an illegal change that goes unnoticed past the 14-day closing period should be addressed in a more urgent manner. I have also reached out on Reddit and Twitter, because obviously calling the VZW support does nothing to alleviate my situation. I am very dissatisfied with how VZW is handling an illegal and fraudulent change on my account that has shafted me out of 500 dollars.
So, I've had my phone for a couple days, it was working just fine when today I tried to call someone and no sound was going through on my end (couldn't hear the ringing or him picking up) and he ... See more...
So, I've had my phone for a couple days, it was working just fine when today I tried to call someone and no sound was going through on my end (couldn't hear the ringing or him picking up) and he couldn't hear me as well. So, I restarted my phone and it fixed the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, is it in the process of being fixed or is a Droid 2 issue that cannot be resolved (meaning I need a different model)? I've noticed on some posts around the internet that it happens frequently and the only known fix is to reboot. I don't want to reboot my phone every time it happens and answering calls just to have nothing happen is not something that I DO NOT want to deal with.