Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,495 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

spotlight00's Posts

Does anyone know if/when the HTC Droid Eris can expect to see an OS upgrade?  I've been noticing in the app market that developers are starting to create apps that aren't even capatible with the ... See more...
Does anyone know if/when the HTC Droid Eris can expect to see an OS upgrade?  I've been noticing in the app market that developers are starting to create apps that aren't even capatible with the "old" OS.  Thanks!
Why would anyone want a smart phone without the data plan anyway?  Pointless!  Additionally, I pay for unlimited data with Verizon as a separate package (big deal, it's all the same bill anyway) ... See more...
Why would anyone want a smart phone without the data plan anyway?  Pointless!  Additionally, I pay for unlimited data with Verizon as a separate package (big deal, it's all the same bill anyway) and pay $20 LESS a month than Sprints "all inclusive" package.
Hmm....I have the Eris and haven't come across this problem, but I'm not using the 'stock' messaging program.  If you are using the text messaging program that came installed on the phone try dow... See more...
Hmm....I have the Eris and haven't come across this problem, but I'm not using the 'stock' messaging program.  If you are using the text messaging program that came installed on the phone try downloading Handcent Sms from the applications market.  This is the program I use for my text and pics messaging and it works great!
Where is this user guide?!  I couldn't believe the thing didn't come with a manual of any sort. 
I don't have any idea why that would be happening, I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you exactly how to fix it, but I'd like to suggest downloading the Accuweather widget.  It's a pre... See more...
I don't have any idea why that would be happening, I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you exactly how to fix it, but I'd like to suggest downloading the Accuweather widget.  It's a pretty decent program for weather forecasts.
I picked up the HTC Droid Eris and have been debating the same thing myself.  I was planning on getting the BB 8530 but was talked into the Droid by some friends in the IT world.  I've never used... See more...
I picked up the HTC Droid Eris and have been debating the same thing myself.  I was planning on getting the BB 8530 but was talked into the Droid by some friends in the IT world.  I've never used a BB though so I don't know how I'd like it compared to the Droid anyway.  I'm so conflicted.  This is one of those times I wish I was still a kid and my parents made up my mind for me.  LOL
I recently purchased the HTC Droid Eris and am not sure I really want to keep it.  I was planning on picking up the blackberry 8530 initially and am still thinking I may switch to it since I'm wi... See more...
I recently purchased the HTC Droid Eris and am not sure I really want to keep it.  I was planning on picking up the blackberry 8530 initially and am still thinking I may switch to it since I'm within my 30 days.  My number 1 issue with the Eris is the battery life.  It sucks quite frankly.  I hardly use the phone at all while I'm at work (check my personal email once or twice a day from it, get a handful of text messages, and use it for a phone call...and that's on a busy day) and I use the task killer app to keep things from running in the background, and yet I still barely get a full day out of it.  Suggestions for extending battery life? Also, not too thrilled with the application choices or search function in the market.  I've been reading that most app developers are staying away from the android because people aren't as willing to pay for the apps and therefore the selection may never improve.  Has anyone else heard anything along these lines? I've been a Verizon customer for about 11 years and have maybe dropped 5 calls in all those years.  I've had this phone two weeks and lost 3 calls already.  Along those lines, the setting options for the phone in general (ringer/ring tone, ringer and speaker volume, etc) seem very limited to me.  The thing didn't come with a manual! I have grown attached to the touch screen, which surprised me, and love the predictive text feature.  It is also great for surfing the net...when the battery lasts long enough.... Is anyone else experiencing similar issues or am I just expecting too much from one device?  I've always just had regular phones so with no previous experience with a smart phone of any variety, I'm not even sure a blackberry would be better. Would appreciate some advice, particularly from anyone who has used both devices.  Thanks!
The company I work for has a dedicated Verizon website where we get online discounts as well as corporate discounts so it is possible.  I've just never ordered online, always gone through the sto... See more...
The company I work for has a dedicated Verizon website where we get online discounts as well as corporate discounts so it is possible.  I've just never ordered online, always gone through the store because the phones I was buying didn't differ in price from the store to onlne....so I have no idea how the return policy works when ordering online.  Do I take it to the store?  Is there a return shipping slip included in the package I receive?  It sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth.  And 4 days without a phone?  Or do they reactivate your previous phone?
I'm debating between the Storm 2 and the Curve 8530 that is coming out on the 20th.  I was originally set on the Curve because I like the keyboard and it generally seems to have a good reputation... See more...
I'm debating between the Storm 2 and the Curve 8530 that is coming out on the 20th.  I was originally set on the Curve because I like the keyboard and it generally seems to have a good reputation.  However, I'm leaning towards the Storm 2 now because of the screen size.  My question is, if I buy the Storm 2 online and decide the touch screen really isn't for me (have the Venus now with a partial touch screen and my bf has an iphone...I haven't been thrilled with touchscreens) and want to go with the Curve 8530 when it comes out, how do I go about exchanging it and still get the online discount?  I also have a corporate discount through my company that I want to make sure is also applied.  Has anyone run into this before?
Has anyone heard an update as to whether or not a new version of the Curve is coming to Verizon?  I'm not a fan of the keyboard on the Tour and am not a fan of the touchscreen phones (waiting to ... See more...
Has anyone heard an update as to whether or not a new version of the Curve is coming to Verizon?  I'm not a fan of the keyboard on the Tour and am not a fan of the touchscreen phones (waiting to ditch the one I have for a BB) but I don't want to buy a device that has been out for so long already (with an OS that is becoming dated) and then be locked into it for a year and a half or so.