Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,744 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jagermeister5's Posts

I used the Data Utilization Tool to see that large chunks of data were being used around 3am and 9am.  Like I mentioned, Message+ blew through over 15 gigs of data! We uninstalled Message+ and the d... See more...
I used the Data Utilization Tool to see that large chunks of data were being used around 3am and 9am.  Like I mentioned, Message+ blew through over 15 gigs of data! We uninstalled Message+ and the data usage stopped.   Has there been an update or fix to this problem?  My wife would like to start using Message+ again but is hesitant to do so as we don't want to lose all our data again.
I asked my wife and she isn't using any other features besides just plain texting.  She does send a picture once in a while along with an occasional emoji but I don't think that would warrant the lar... See more...
I asked my wife and she isn't using any other features besides just plain texting.  She does send a picture once in a while along with an occasional emoji but I don't think that would warrant the large amount of data being used.  What other features are there that use data? So, the data usage of the app itself I found on the phone by going to settings, apps, message+.  On that screen it shows the mobile data usage.  I text a ton more than my wife and send lots of pictures and my data usage for message+ is only 219 mb. As far as the timing of the data usage, I found that on My Verizon.  That's where I found that chunks of data are being used around 3:00 am and 9:00 am.  Although, on My Verizon, I can't see the exact app using this data but I'm assuming it's message+ as the phone lists message+ as the only app using large amounts of data.  
Over the last two months message+ on my wife's phone has started using large amounts of data.  We were about to go over on data last month and had to upgrade and get 8 more gigs.   We deleted the st... See more...
Over the last two months message+ on my wife's phone has started using large amounts of data.  We were about to go over on data last month and had to upgrade and get 8 more gigs.   We deleted the storage and memory of message+ and thought that fixed the problem but here we are again with no data left.  I've switched to the data saver plan so I don't think we'll get an overage, our speeds will just be throttled down. i just checked and since August 12, message+ has used 15.38 gigs!  Looking at the data usage logs it looks like every morning around 3 am, 0.5 gigs is used.  And then every morning around 9 am I see anywhere from 0.5 to 1.5 gigs used. Is there a fix?  The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10.  For the time being we're going to uninstall message+ and find something else to use.