Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,309 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

pderoo12's Posts

Yea I'm not exactly pleased with them right now either. I average about 2.3GB a month.
Yea I know, I have what I call "the cornfield zone" between home and work where I lose signal and sometimes my calls get dropped. Usually here at home I get a pretty good signal strength on my ph... See more...
Yea I know, I have what I call "the cornfield zone" between home and work where I lose signal and sometimes my calls get dropped. Usually here at home I get a pretty good signal strength on my phone tho. I'm really counting on my new phone giving me a better signal strength. Does anybody have opinions on smartphones? I was leaning towards the iPhone, but my boss has a Droid and loves it. My biggest concern is security. I know how to lock down my PC and laptop pretty well, but I have never had a phone with an OS.
Yes, I've seen that site before. I'm between two VZW towers, one about 2 miles from me, the other about 7 miles away, but the VZW coverage map does show that I'm in a solid 3G service area. I ... See more...
Yes, I've seen that site before. I'm between two VZW towers, one about 2 miles from me, the other about 7 miles away, but the VZW coverage map does show that I'm in a solid 3G service area. I will try your other suggestions and see if I can't better the reception. I just wish they'd put cable in our area, but I doubt that will ever happen and neither will DSL because our "lines are too old to handle voice and data" according to Verizon. Thanks for the suggestions!
It's a Pantech UMW190 modem. Supposedly in a 3G signal area. No VPN's being used.
So even if I pay the same I have one less device to deal with. And I sure hope the speeds aren't worse. If they are, they can have it all back! This just isn't worth it.
I'm going to switch to a VZW smartphone before my plan renews in early April. What I'm looking to do is get rid of the modem all together and tether the phone to my desktop. All in all, it should... See more...
I'm going to switch to a VZW smartphone before my plan renews in early April. What I'm looking to do is get rid of the modem all together and tether the phone to my desktop. All in all, it should be cheaper. I only average 2.3 GB a month data usage on the modem. But I can't think of anyone off hand at the moment. We live in a rural area.
Speedtest.net ran the test 3 times grabbing the "best" server each time, Lansing, Delton and Mount Pleasant. That was the best speed I could get. Right now as I type, my signal strengths are -77 ... See more...
Speedtest.net ran the test 3 times grabbing the "best" server each time, Lansing, Delton and Mount Pleasant. That was the best speed I could get. Right now as I type, my signal strengths are -77 EV and -81 1X, and it's "fast" right now. Mind you, when I say "fast" that's relative to my average speeds which are generally a step up from dialup. Last night I sat and waited and waited for one webpage after another to load so long that I finally just shut it down, it gets to a point that it's not even worth going online. I still can't believe I'm paying $60 for this. Here are the Lansing and Mt. Pleasant speed test results:
I ran a couple of speed tests and speedtest.net and was VERY disappointed. Is this what I'm paying $60 a month for??