Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,798 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

longplaypg's Posts

Well i must say good luck on deleting a paird item from the bluetooth list. I ended up factory reseting.   I found a new thing i hate with 2.3.5 as it seems there is no way to delete an item fr... See more...
Well i must say good luck on deleting a paird item from the bluetooth list. I ended up factory reseting.   I found a new thing i hate with 2.3.5 as it seems there is no way to delete an item from the paired list.   You can unpair the item, but the delete option is no longer avialble under 2.3.5. I do remember seeing delete under 2.2.x...   It is interesting to me that your headset and phone both dont go off when ringging or notifications. Maybe it is the way i have my phone configured, but when I have the headset connected in phone and media it goes off on both items for me.   At first i hated this, but then decided i might like it if the headset was not in my ear and i got a call or notification.   I have the LG stereo headset so sorry its not a Voyager PRO and could be compairing apples to oranges. The headset vibrates and the phone goes off when i have the earpieces not in my ears. Yes it also vibrates and the phone goes off when i have the earpieces in my ears too.  
No official fix really, but there are a few topics about 2.3.5 and battery issues.   My suggestion for short battery life is the following... Have phone on Plug in AC charger As soon as phon... See more...
No official fix really, but there are a few topics about 2.3.5 and battery issues.   My suggestion for short battery life is the following... Have phone on Plug in AC charger As soon as phone announces 100% make certain it is unplugged (some have discovered it starts using battery from this point on even if it is plugged into AC still)   Since this patch i have been do the following additional things to improve my battery life... Unplug the AC Power off the phone Wait 2 minutes Plug in the AC Let the phone charge again to 100% (it can be left on AC this way any amount of time since the OS is off) Unplug the AC Boot the phone Use the phone till the battery indicator goes RED BOX and the phone turns itself off Turn the phone on try to let it boot at least till the SD card is media searched Plug in the AC and let it charge 100% and start at the top of this list   Now when my battery dies my phone wont turn on again and is truely dead. I started off with a 4 hour day of MP3 streaming and most recently had almost 10 hours...   Now if you still dont get a longer life that you expect then it is time to look at everything your phone is doing. There may be an application that does not like 2.3.x, a lot of process time doing emails in the background on network, or other things. This is sometimes harder to track down.   please understand i did factory reset my phone at 2.3.5. I currently have a stock configuration, all vibration is turned off, I stream mp3 to my buletooth headset and control the music player from. My screen is hadly ever on. I get at most 1 phone call a day and 1 text message a day. I basically have a glorified MP3 player.   I personally like SWYPE and can not comment on the keyboard issue you found.  
I do have the 2.3.5 update. I have performed a factory reset. I have not installed any 3rd party applications at this time. So far my phone is not doing phantom button presses as of yet, but it h... See more...
I do have the 2.3.5 update. I have performed a factory reset. I have not installed any 3rd party applications at this time. So far my phone is not doing phantom button presses as of yet, but it has only been a few days. I don't know how long i can last stock, but i need to trace down a battery issue or my phone dies too quickly... less than 4 hour battery life just streaming music, no texting, no calling, no email, no screen on...   If it continues to work well over the next week for me I might suggest a factory reset if you haven't already done it since getting the 2.3.5 update.   I will not suggest a factory rest at this time though as my phantom screenshots were very random and only happened about 2 times a week if i did not power off my phone. Right now due to battery issues my phone is powered off every day at least 1 time a day. This might be reseting something and keeping the phantom button presses hidden from me.  
Well a lot of you may like this but I did factory reset my phone. A lot of the items I had problems with under the previous 2.2.x seem to be gone. Please understand I am waiting to see if they st... See more...
Well a lot of you may like this but I did factory reset my phone. A lot of the items I had problems with under the previous 2.2.x seem to be gone. Please understand I am waiting to see if they stay gone as most of my problems were very random and hard to reproduce. 2.2.x missed calls missed texts alarm clock for setting a alarm for a time prior to the current time was impossible for the next day and would result in an alarm a week later on the current day instead music player would stop after 1 hour poor battery life phantom button presses resulting in screenshots, exiting applictions you had just asked to open, and more... I probably missed a few...   Take 2.3.5 update 2.3.5 seems ok and had great battery life the first day ever since the first day it has been horrible battery issues!   Giving up i have backed up everything including my SD memory card! I did perform a factory reset. I noticed the setup wizard no longer ran after the factory reset... I also noticed it was still having some issues with battery, but i haven't seen the other 2.2.x issues appear again thus far... It has only been a few days since my last factory reset so I am certain enough has not passed for problems to arise yet in my case. I use my phone very sparingly as it is more of an MP3 player for me. I just don't text or talk enough sorry.   There seems to be a problem with the new 2.3.5 doing a trickle charge on AC after the phone reports 100% charge. The best solution is when it hits 100% and reports it with a beep notice to immediatly unplug it. Otherwise so far folks have found the phone will start running on battery and depending on how much your phone is doing by the time you unplug it later it could be only 2% battery life left.   I do not know if this problem exists on USB laptop charging mode (aka not using the provided AC adapter).   I have also noticed that the stock email program with 3 exchange accounts on push really sucks my battery life down fast. So far i have turned all 3 accounts to manual and hope to get more than 3 hours out of my phone today. Please under during that 3 hours period all i did was stream mp3 music over bluetooth to a stereo headset. I did not get a single call or text message during that time. My screen was completely off. There was no third party applications installed.   Another warning is there seems to be a lot of apps written 2.2.x that dont like the 2.3.x. I have seen suggestions to unistall the old apps and reinstall them. A factory reset will force this of course, but if the app was not written for 2.3.x it may install again an cause the same problems all over.   Right now i feel 2.3.5 makes the phone more like i expect, but enough time has not passed to be certain!  
This information is for a phone using Firmware 2.35 Build number SCH-I500.EH03.   Verizon gives you a WIFI hotspot app on your phone. This of course requires extra money to use   To access... See more...
This information is for a phone using Firmware 2.35 Build number SCH-I500.EH03.   Verizon gives you a WIFI hotspot app on your phone. This of course requires extra money to use   To access this app go to the home screen Select the applications icon on the bottom right (unless you customized things) You fist page upper left should have "3G Mobile Hotspot" Use this app and use the WIFI on the laptop to connect to the new Access Point which is your phone   I am sorry I can't give more details after starting the application as i do not use that feature. I hate paying extra money just to use that.   This is the preferred verizon way of making your phone a WIFI hotspot for other WIFI devices as it makes them more $$$...    
Thanks for introducing me to OS monitor... I have not totally found a misbehaving app on my phone that is not stock So far my phone runs the battery down fast after using the stock email progr... See more...
Thanks for introducing me to OS monitor... I have not totally found a misbehaving app on my phone that is not stock So far my phone runs the battery down fast after using the stock email program to 3 exchange servers using push mode. Today I am testing a manual mode to see how the battery does. All other settings are stock factory except ringtone, notifications, and all vibration turned off. I did see a lot of bad items in the logging and might research some of these.  
wardcst24 wrote: Plugged in when I went to bed about 10 pm left it on charger all night but was streaming music looked in the morining and it said 100% charged unplugged charger checked batt... See more...
wardcst24 wrote: Plugged in when I went to bed about 10 pm left it on charger all night but was streaming music looked in the morining and it said 100% charged unplugged charger checked battery and it was only 4% Charged   Please get Samsung to fix there Firmware Excellent way of proving this and I will try to confirm mine is doing the same. I definitely feel like my phone is not trickle charging when it should be.  
I would like to replace the Nuance Voice Commands with Google Voice Search when i press the call button on my bluetooth stereo headset.   I do not see a way to uninstall the Nuance Voice Comman... See more...
I would like to replace the Nuance Voice Commands with Google Voice Search when i press the call button on my bluetooth stereo headset.   I do not see a way to uninstall the Nuance Voice Commands...   I do not see a way to configure the phoe so that it uses Google Voice Search instead of Nuance Voice Commands...   Factory reset defaults the phone to Nuance Voice Commands...   I would like to press the call button on my stereo headset and have more voice commands than the Nuance app provides. Has anybody found a way to change this behavior without special access?   Sorry my phone is stock and no special access...  
A master reset definetly did not solve the issue for me.   On my last and most recent reset I noticed it did execute the setup wizard like it had done prior to gingerbread. This time I did not ... See more...
A master reset definetly did not solve the issue for me.   On my last and most recent reset I noticed it did execute the setup wizard like it had done prior to gingerbread. This time I did not configure anything on the phone and just left it sit. I never opened the market either. About an hour later i got tired of no phone and started the wizard on my own so that the phone was at least activated. I did not configure any additinal email accounts just the standard single google account for my phone withthe gmail program.   I charge the battery to 100% with the phone on Unplug the ac charger from the phone ask the phone to power down wait another 2 minutes after the screen goes black and the buttons are no longer lit plug in the ac charger and it will top up the battery to a full 100% and not the OS 100% that it thinks it should be Most nights i just leave it off charging to that last 100% since i have seen problems with trickle charging after it reaches 100% int he OS and then starts using the battery the rest of the night! Next morning unplug the AC charger and ask the phone to boot   I got 8-9 hours playing mp3s streamed over bluetooth, 1 text message in and 1 text message out, but no phone calls and no other activity on the phone. Not bad but i feel it should do better!   I actived 3 exchange email accounts in push mode. I had heard push mode was supposed to be the best battery saver. Well with the included email (not gmail) app my battery went down in less than 4 hours! Today i have forced the email to manual mode instead of push for peak and off peak times. I will see if i get 8-9 hours again.   The rest of the phone is all factory defaults, boring, and pretty much useless. So much for a smart phone being smart and handy. Guess i need to buy about 3 batteries to get through a day and find a way to charge them as i run around throughout the day without ac or a way to charge.      
I have seen the 60% issue after it was sitting on the charger, the notification panel had said 100%, but when I finally got around to unplugging the charger it was now 60%...   I have oddly see... See more...
I have seen the 60% issue after it was sitting on the charger, the notification panel had said 100%, but when I finally got around to unplugging the charger it was now 60%...   I have oddly seen a similar activity even when the phone is off and charging.   I am currently not pulling the battery. I do run my battery dead and I mean right up to the phone turns off showing a blinking red box. I turn the phone on again, oddly enough it has enought power to boot up again, wait for at least the media scanning to almost complete, then plug in the AC. I charge it up to 100% if I am around and paying attention. I unplug it from the AC charger. I ask the phone to power down. I wait till I am certain it has powered down, usually 2 minutes. Then I plug in the AC and let it charge up to 100% again.   I have the additional problem that my battery is draining to fast and not lasting as long as I think it should and posted in another topic about this. This problem seems random to me, but could be related to the fact I am not really getting that 100% charge I thought I got.   I also believe my phone is not trickle charging after it hits that 100%. Maybe this was to extend batter life in years, but maybe it should monitor the battery and if it goes down 5 or 10% charge it back up to 100% instead of letting it drain. I have a habit of leaving my phone charge overnight, because I expect to get up the next day and use it for at least 8+ hours...   I have completed several factory resets at this time trying to narrow down if I have a bad app or bad update. So far this last test shows that even after factory reset, not visiting the market or installing any apps, the problem still exists for me. I have noticed a small issue with my factory reset that leads me to believe I might not be getting a full wipe as I would expect.  
Update... Today is the exception since I posted about my issue. The phone has been up 8 hours and 54 minutes so far on a single charge. I have streamed Bluetooth music for 8 hours straight so ... See more...
Update... Today is the exception since I posted about my issue. The phone has been up 8 hours and 54 minutes so far on a single charge. I have streamed Bluetooth music for 8 hours straight so far. The battery is currently reporting 25% capacity 3690mv for the voltage according to OS monitor   I have not seen anything abnormal through OS monitor  so that is probably why I got the 8 hrs play time today.   No solution to fixing this yet and apparently others are not having a similar issue or playback time with streaming mp3s...    
I received the Gingerbread OTA update. I am still working through testing everything to see if the phone is now the way it should be, but I keep stumbling on 1 issue with the battery life.   Ye... See more...
I received the Gingerbread OTA update. I am still working through testing everything to see if the phone is now the way it should be, but I keep stumbling on 1 issue with the battery life.   Yes my battery is now over a year old of occasional use.   When I first got the gingerbread update I had 100% battery and applied the update. That day I got over 9 hours straight of MP3 playback over Bluetooth using the stock music player. I charged the battery to full that night and left it on the charger overnight. The next day I got 4 hours straight of MP3 playback over Bluetooth using the stock music player. I charged it up 100% at work and proceeded to get another 4 hours straight.   Since that day I have never seen the 8 hours again.   One interesting note is that in the 4 hour increments the music player will stop when the battery hits the orange low warning. I can switch over to streaming music videos and play for another hour till the battery fully dies.   I have tried to recondition the battery using some information I found. I have factory reset the phone and updated stock apps only. I have factory reset the phone and never logged into the market place to keep apps from auto updating.   I have noticed on my factory resets things are different. It wants to erase the SD card. You can do the factory reset without erasing the SD card. I am not sure exactly what the difference is there and why the default is to erase the SD card. Sadly both factory reset are not behaving as the previous one did. Normally after the factory reset the setup wizard would start and help you activate your phone. It seems the new default is to not run that process or I got a bad update on my phone.   I have also noticed as a user here suggested that after the phone reaches 100% charge, even though it is plugged in, the phone seems to switch over to using battery mode draining the battery and never topping it back up since it still plugged in.   Shouldn't a year old battery last longer? Shouldn't I be able to stream music for longer than 9 hours? I don't have the screen on, all interaction is through the Bluetooth headset, doesn't mater if email is on with push mode or totally off and not even activated, no calling, no text messages, and just solely trying to listen music like a mp3 player.   Suggestions? Is your Samsung Fascinate Gingerbread OTA doing the same things?  
Just to let you know the EH03 update started OTA yesterday. It updates the phone to 2.3 gingerbread.   The Bluetooth has changed in this release from what I can see so far. I had to add to my L... See more...
Just to let you know the EH03 update started OTA yesterday. It updates the phone to 2.3 gingerbread.   The Bluetooth has changed in this release from what I can see so far. I had to add to my LG stereo headset again to the phone to get it working reliably. I tried to fix the connection to my laptop, but didn't get it working again.  I used to share pictures through the Bluetooth to the laptop and even after repairing, removing and repairing, I still can't send pictures across it right now.   I need to run a few a more tests and back up items this weekend. Then I plan to do a factory reset to see if that fixes my remaining Bluetooth issues.  
I received my OTA update to Gingerbread also.   Initial thoughts it seems better.   I still need to confirm battery life, missed text messages, missed phone calls, music player auto closing a... See more...
I received my OTA update to Gingerbread also.   Initial thoughts it seems better.   I still need to confirm battery life, missed text messages, missed phone calls, music player auto closing after 1 hour, and at least the phantom button presses have been fixed.   I have 1 issue so far with Bluetooth sending files to my laptop. I no longer see a way to remove a Bluetooth device from the phone. I can remove it from the laptop. I repair the 2 devices, but can never share pictures over the Bluetooth connection anymore.   My plan is to do a factory reset This weekend then post a new topic if it is still an issue.   First day's use showed improved battery life. We will see how today goes.   I have not tried GPS and Google maps yet so it looks like I will need to test that before I do the factory reset also. This way I can try again after the factory reset.    
If you are using the 2.2 android OS called Froyo well there is an issue with phantom button presses and the Fascinate.   Basically what happens  is the phone thinks you are pressing the menu bu... See more...
If you are using the 2.2 android OS called Froyo well there is an issue with phantom button presses and the Fascinate.   Basically what happens  is the phone thinks you are pressing the menu button while the phone is booting. Trust me it happens I can have my phone off. Press the power button, see the samsung splash screen, lay the phone on a flat surface, and the phone still boots into safe mode. I never touched the menu button and was never near it.   When i encounter 2 safe modes in 2 boot attempts i clean the button area, i actually touch each of the 4 buttons and make sure they respond, then I power off the phone 1 last time. The 3rd boot is normal and away i go till the next time it happens.   Please keep in mind I beleive the phone will place itself in safe mode if it encounters a horrible crash. I had this happen under 2.1 and traced it back to a bad app i had installed.   Sometimes a user is asked to force the phone into safe mode for testing purposes, but it doesn't sound like you were trying to do this  
Phone was factory reset 3 weeks ago *228 option 2 in both cities where I need the phone to work   20111123 missed text messages and phone calls 20111123 3:06 PM CST pager goes off cause the w... See more...
Phone was factory reset 3 weeks ago *228 option 2 in both cities where I need the phone to work   20111123 missed text messages and phone calls 20111123 3:06 PM CST pager goes off cause the wife has been trying to reach me since noon   20111123 12:xx CST text msg to update me on status, she is a Verizon customer with a basic phone (not smart phone!), she wondered why she did not get a reply from me but had to get back to work 20111123  3:xx PM CST text msg to let me know she was ready to be picked up from work 20111123 3:xx PM CST called me and even left a voice a message about coming to pick her up, now she is getting mad because she had to leave a voice mail 20111123 3:06 PM CST totally mad at me she now resorts to send a page to my work pager which is for work only, but I have told her to use it cause of this dang phone and its problems   I just happened to be walking out to the car when my pager went off which means I was outside for the last 5 minutes and not even inside a building when the last text message and call was supposed to come through.   Drove to her work and asked her if she had paged me about a "trauma red er 10" again. She said she had sent me text messages around noon and 3, she also added that she had called and left a voice mail.   I opened my trusty phone, no missed calls and no text message on the lock screen, unlocked the phone Still did not find a text message, missed call, or even a voice mail mad I dialed *228 options 2 The phone said was updated and powered off   I thought there was another thing that one could dial so that support could look into a recently missed call or text message?   I had many other things to get done that day and did not need an angry wife thinking I was ignoring her.   Thanks for an unhappy holiday
It would be nice if it did happen, but after the froyo experience...
Might be your 3rd phone, but you didn't mention if the SD Card was the same one all of the time?   If it was the same SD Card in all 3 phones then yes the SD Card might be the trouble.   Powe... See more...
Might be your 3rd phone, but you didn't mention if the SD Card was the same one all of the time?   If it was the same SD Card in all 3 phones then yes the SD Card might be the trouble.   Power down the phone Remove the SD Card boot the phone with no SD Card if the phone boots fine wait for everything to load   while the phone is finishing booting try reading the SD Card in a computer if you have access to one Backup everything on the card if you can read it   insert the card into the phone and expect it to have issues again sadly this may not work from the phone but try to format the memory card in the phone http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35222   If you cannot format it in the phone then as a last resort try formatting in a computer.   If you can't get it to take a format then its time to replace the SD Card with a good one. If reading through any of this has made you feel uncomfortable in any way then please visit and store for hands on support.      
Might be your 3rd phone, but you didn't mention if the SD Card was the same one all of the time?   If it was the same SD Card in all 3 phones then yes the SD Card might be the trouble.   Powe... See more...
Might be your 3rd phone, but you didn't mention if the SD Card was the same one all of the time?   If it was the same SD Card in all 3 phones then yes the SD Card might be the trouble.   Power down the phone Remove the SD Card boot the phone with no SD Card if the phone boots fine wait for everything to load   while the phone is finishing booting try reading the SD Card in a computer if you have access to one Backup everything on the card if you can read it   insert the card into the phone and expect it to have issues again sadly this may not work from the phone but try to format the memory card in the phone http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=35222   If you cannot format it in the phone then as a last resort try formatting in a computer.   If you can't get it to take a format then its time to replace the SD Card with a good one. If reading through any of this has made you feel uncomfortable in any way then please visit and store for hands on support.      
Take a look over here you are not alone.   http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Touch-tones-cease-to-be-recognized-after-having-listened-to-a/td-p/648277