Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,288 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

justin4glte's Posts

My first problem: I live in an area that Verizon Wireless does not service. It's in an extended 1X area. The local carrier/roaming partner here is Appalachian Wireless. Verizon signed the LTE in ... See more...
My first problem: I live in an area that Verizon Wireless does not service. It's in an extended 1X area. The local carrier/roaming partner here is Appalachian Wireless. Verizon signed the LTE in Rural America program with this local carrier. I bought a Verizon iPad (4G LTE) and my return window is narrowing and I need to find out an answer, now. Question 1: I've heard that if the iPad is not on a post-paid account that it will not roam in an extended network, first problem. I do not have Verizon for cell service considering I only get 1X data here at the moment. So if I keep this iPad and activate it on a pre-paid account, will I be able to roam at all? Question 2: When this local carrier completes this 4G LTE network on Verizon spectrum (band 13, 700 mhz), will this still be considered roaming even though they signed that agreement? If so, will I still need a post paid account or will a pre-paid account still work? Question 3: Will this LTE work here on this new iPad or do I just need to go ahead and swap it for an AT&T LTE one while I still have the chance, AT&T has decent 3G here and eventually will have LTE here or around here i'm hoping. I need answers, asap. I keep getting mixed ones. I contacted Verizon, they said to buy an AT&T one just to be safe. You would think with an agreement that explicity states "Verizon users will be able to use 4G in this area" that someone would know the answer to this