Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,707 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

53dville's Posts

Yeah, Verizon has a "free" Call Filter but it doesn't really do anything.  I've installed on my iPhone and deleted it three times since VZW made it "free" (but you still get their marketing for 2.99/... See more...
Yeah, Verizon has a "free" Call Filter but it doesn't really do anything.  I've installed on my iPhone and deleted it three times since VZW made it "free" (but you still get their marketing for 2.99/mo).  I keep hoping after 3 months, Verizon might improve the app but no such luck. It catches about 1 out of 20 calls and marks them as Potential Spam, but the majority of the fake spoofed numbers still come right on through.  I've received 4 already today and it's only 3 pm. Verizon's online documentation for the Call Filter describes how to report a "spam" robocall but it doesn't work either, pops up a message saying you're not subscribed for that feature ( 2.99/mo?). So if the "free" version stops only 5% of robocalls and the product can't get better since users can't contribute to the robocall database (not to mention poor documentation), what's the point?    
Why does the main page for Call Filter (https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ ) state that you can report numbers for the free version, but when you actually try to repo... See more...
Why does the main page for Call Filter (https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ ) state that you can report numbers for the free version, but when you actually try to report a number, up pops a notice that this is a paid version feature. So this means that Call Filter spam blocks are totally dependent on paid users bothering to report numbers.   
Tried not answering for 2 years, didn't make any difference.
Oh yeah, when I follow the SIX steps to "report" a spam call and add the number to Call Filter's spam list, sorry, you can't actually search and report a spam number unless you're a paid, premium use... See more...
Oh yeah, when I follow the SIX steps to "report" a spam call and add the number to Call Filter's spam list, sorry, you can't actually search and report a spam number unless you're a paid, premium user. Worthless!
So I've tried the Call Filter a couple of times.  The first time, I missed the "free" button, it wanted to charge me after 10 days so I removed it.  A month later, still getting lots of fake ID spam ... See more...
So I've tried the Call Filter a couple of times.  The first time, I missed the "free" button, it wanted to charge me after 10 days so I removed it.  A month later, still getting lots of fake ID spam calls, I re-installed it with the free option. It doesn't seem to do anything.  Today I've received 4 fake calls already, yesterday 5, sometimes as late as 9 pm in the evening.  Health insurance, free hotel vacation, etc.  For several years I don't answer these call, had thousands in my block list.  Now I answer a select call or two per day and waste their time, hanging up when they transfer me to a closer or better still, answer their questions for 10 minutes, then ask "Why would I do business with someone using a fake number?" I can't seem to report calls either.  Oh wait, nevermind!  I just found the obscure section in the How To "guide"  which takes SIX steps to report a call as SPAM!  SIX steps to add, search, and then add a FAKE number to the SPAM list, are you kidding Verizon ?   For 5+ calls per day?  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter/  Verizon:  If you're even half way serious about spam calls, then make it a one click selection.          
Ever since the forced ICS "upgrade", the mail application has refused  to work with the message "Unfortunately, mail has stopped."  That's it, no other messages or hints.  It's been working fine ... See more...
Ever since the forced ICS "upgrade", the mail application has refused  to work with the message "Unfortunately, mail has stopped."  That's it, no other messages or hints.  It's been working fine for almost two years.  A year ago, we changed email servers to the Microsoft Office365 service with activesync.  It's been working great, until the "upgrade". The phone has been re-booted several times, the email account was removed, mail and contacts deleted, phone re-booted, mail account re-configured. Still doesn't work.  The mail icon shows that we have unread messages, but when we start the application, we immediately get the error and the app stops. How do we fix this?  We can't delete the stock Verizon application and re-install.  Email was a main reason for buying the 4G TB with a large screen, now we can't work? Thanks, M
After ICS update: Battery life much shorter, even with things like email on manual update only. Just today, I get a message on lock screen about "activating phone....  Wait 2 minutes...."  ... See more...
After ICS update: Battery life much shorter, even with things like email on manual update only. Just today, I get a message on lock screen about "activating phone....  Wait 2 minutes...."  See other posts with same issue in this group. Multiple email problems, with yahoo mail and exchange, had to remove and reinstall both, still intermittent exchange problems. Phone is fully charged, on wireless, 4g, and wifi. Just posting here stop confirm issues are not isolated to one person. M
I'm having the same problem after ICS update: lock screen with message about activating phone.... Wait 2 minutes..... It's been several hours, phone fully charged, on wireless, 4g, and wifi, b... See more...
I'm having the same problem after ICS update: lock screen with message about activating phone.... Wait 2 minutes..... It's been several hours, phone fully charged, on wireless, 4g, and wifi, been rebooted, and unlocked several times.  Is this a known bug or problem?  The update to ICS happened several days ago, this just started. M