Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,546 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

primortal's Posts

It's uncertain if the Windows Mobile can support the Verizon Tones app or that Verizon decided it wasn't worth the effort to develop one. You can control the ringtone for individual contacts v... See more...
It's uncertain if the Windows Mobile can support the Verizon Tones app or that Verizon decided it wasn't worth the effort to develop one. You can control the ringtone for individual contacts via the Peoples app and you can download the Ringtone Maker (https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRFHVDM) to select your music to be used as ringtones. Not sure how the ring back tones work if at all on Windows Mobile.
GREDRMZ wrote: Very much would appreciate the clarity on the above, and assistance in any way you can as per prior threads I have hit a wall with your tech team. Beit a lesser used phon... See more...
GREDRMZ wrote: Very much would appreciate the clarity on the above, and assistance in any way you can as per prior threads I have hit a wall with your tech team. Beit a lesser used phone/OS or not, the support should be there - especially when I had absolutely nothing to do with the update that caused this and now cannot group text. Thanks so much in advance! IMHO if you don't get an answer you might have to go the extreme route and file a complaint with the FCC.  Cause right now it's nothing but finger pointing.  VZW support should have gotten Microsoft on the phone as well to diagnose the issue.
I had always thought that when Microsoft (or Apple and Google) releases an update to the OS or firmware that VZW puts it through it's paces and once they are satisfied with (aside from Apple) the... See more...
I had always thought that when Microsoft (or Apple and Google) releases an update to the OS or firmware that VZW puts it through it's paces and once they are satisfied with (aside from Apple) they give the green light for them (Microsoft/Google) to push the updates to the phones. I can understand if the phone was unlocked but it's not, so personally to not take ownership that there is an issue and blame it on Microsoft is a cop out.  VZW should notify Microsoft of the issue and request that it be fixed ASAP. I have an Icon with Windows 10 Mobile part of the insiders program on the preview lane and my wife has the 822 with stock OS.  I send images over MMS to her and we've haven't had any problems.
TIMNEW93 wrote: The Icon originally wasn't even supported for Windows 10. I think Microsoft allowed it to be updated to WM10, but it also is not supported for the Creators Update. ... See more...
TIMNEW93 wrote: The Icon originally wasn't even supported for Windows 10. I think Microsoft allowed it to be updated to WM10, but it also is not supported for the Creators Update. I have the Creators Update on my Icon via the Insiders Program and it's working perfectly fine.  Though the release won't be officially rolled out to it. I'll probably wait to see what the reviews will be like for the HP before I jump ship to AT&T for the 950XL.  My Icon is getting a little long in the tooth along with my wife's 822 Really wish MS would have one the same for the 950s an enabled CDMA
Getting hot while charging is normal. What version of Windows Phone/Mobile do you have installed on the 822? Updates to applications get installed all the time and it's possible that one of... See more...
Getting hot while charging is normal. What version of Windows Phone/Mobile do you have installed on the 822? Updates to applications get installed all the time and it's possible that one of those apps is causing the problem.  You can uninstall the apps you don't use or just uninstall any 3rd party apps to see if that clears up the issue.  If not, you might have to do a factor reset; Settings > System > About > Reset your phone to see if that resolves the issue.  Sometimes doing this works; sometimes it doesn't.
Unless the Surface Phone is LTE only I highly doubt it will make it VZW as CDMA/LTE Phone.
The 950/950XL supports the following LTE Bands LTE FDD network: Band 5 (850MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Ba... See more...
The 950/950XL supports the following LTE Bands LTE FDD network: Band 5 (850MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 12 (700 MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 28 (700 MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz) TD-LTE network: Band 38 (2570-2620 MHz), Band 40 (2300-2400 MHz)
You should be able to move it or download the content to an SD card and upload it to OneDrive.
IMHO stay away from Verizon's Cloud app and use Microsoft OneDrive.  Microsoft OneDrive works across all platforms (mobile and desktops) and the software is maintained by Microsoft where as Veriz... See more...
IMHO stay away from Verizon's Cloud app and use Microsoft OneDrive.  Microsoft OneDrive works across all platforms (mobile and desktops) and the software is maintained by Microsoft where as Verizon's apps are hardly ever updated for Windows Mobile. Link to the app, Verizon Cloud – Windows Apps on Microsoft Store best done on the phone if possible.
If you have Cortona enabled, enable Quite Hours: Go to Cortona Tap on the hamburger menu Tap on Notebook Tap on Quite Hours and set it up
Unless HP has a change of heart you won't see it on VZW network.
If VZW customers have any slight chance it would be the Surface Phone sometime mid to late 2017. If you want the 950XL or the HP Elite x3 your going to have to switch carriers. Even though ... See more...
If VZW customers have any slight chance it would be the Surface Phone sometime mid to late 2017. If you want the 950XL or the HP Elite x3 your going to have to switch carriers. Even though VZW executives stated they want the Windows Mobile (Phone) as the third ecosystem back in 2012 http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/19/2960427/verizon-windows-phone-third-ecosystem​ they have show no interest at all the OS At this point Windows Mobile is dead OS for this carrier.  If it's not an iPhone or Android device it has no place here.
Another nail in the Windows 10 Mobile coffin from VZW? Have you contacted support directly?
Like Android?  Same thing, they probably sell more units (because of advertising) than Windows Mobile. You have to ask yourself why would Microsoft and HP not configure their devices to work o... See more...
Like Android?  Same thing, they probably sell more units (because of advertising) than Windows Mobile. You have to ask yourself why would Microsoft and HP not configure their devices to work on VZW where the devices can be sold unlocked.  It's either there's a cost issue or VZW has [removed] off Microsoft that much that they don't care anymore about getting their devices to VZW customers.
Ann154 I think you're missing the key point jmthomas87 wrote: From what I have seen and read about, it sounds like with the ridiculous process OEMs have to go through to get "certified" ... See more...
Ann154 I think you're missing the key point jmthomas87 wrote: From what I have seen and read about, it sounds like with the ridiculous process OEMs have to go through to get "certified" on CDMA, it is not a money making venture really unless you sell several hundred thousand units. Apple knows they can sell million of devices so the cost is worth it.  Plus I bet the carriers are confident that the devices would work so don't scrutinize them as much as an unknown devices.
There's no way the Surface Phone will be released in coming weeks.  The latest rumor is Spring of 2017 with the release of Windows Mobile 10 (Redstone 2) which is rumored to be heavily focused on... See more...
There's no way the Surface Phone will be released in coming weeks.  The latest rumor is Spring of 2017 with the release of Windows Mobile 10 (Redstone 2) which is rumored to be heavily focused on the mobile aspects of Windows 10.
Then it's most likely that cost of certifying the device for CDMA which probably out ways the number of devices sold without carrier support; advertising. Both the 950s and the HP Elite x3 hav... See more...
Then it's most likely that cost of certifying the device for CDMA which probably out ways the number of devices sold without carrier support; advertising. Both the 950s and the HP Elite x3 have the CDMA antenna's and are capable, but CDMA is disabled in the firmware for some reason.
I highly doubt it's a "lack of CDMA coders".  The OS and device firmware already supports CDMA; proof is in the Lumia Icon and 735. It's the pain VZW is putting Microsoft/HP through to get the... See more...
I highly doubt it's a "lack of CDMA coders".  The OS and device firmware already supports CDMA; proof is in the Lumia Icon and 735. It's the pain VZW is putting Microsoft/HP through to get the devices certified.  From what I understand is it's not a cheap thing to do. For now I'm done with VZW and I have my 950XL in hand and just waiting for my wife to go through her voice mails before I go to AT&T and switch later this week.
Go to Settings and tab on System tap on About then tap on Reset your phone
techman2014 wrote: CAN YOU HEAR ME (us) NOW, VZW? Even that guy left VZW and went to Sprint