Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,641 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

viafax's Posts

@StMickey wrote: Let me go over it to make sure I didn't miss a step Step 1: Change the subnet of primary router so it is different from the fios router(192.168.1). Step 2: Connect the fios rou... See more...
@StMickey wrote: Let me go over it to make sure I didn't miss a step Step 1: Change the subnet of primary router so it is different from the fios router(192.168.1). Step 2: Connect the fios router WAN to LAN and give the router a static ip in my primary router. Step 3: Turn on DHCP on the fios router, I this I should turn on the boxes? Step 4: Forward the stbs' pf rules from the fios router using my primary router Once again, I can't thank you enough for taking time to help me with this, is so good to know that there are people in this world that will lend you a hand and assist you without hesitation.  1 make the primary router (your router) use any private subnet other than 192.168.1 so 192.168.x where x is NOT 1 and make it the dhcp server for that subnet 2 configure the verizon router to act as a dhcp serevr on subnet 192.168.1 and give it a static ip address on your router's subnet 3 connect your router's wan port to the ont ethernet jack 4 connect a lan port from your to the wan port of the verizon router 5 turn on the set top boxes 6 logon to the verizon router and make a note of the port forwarding rules for the verizon services 7 on your router build port forwarding rules for the ports noted in step 6 and makes the destination of those rules the ip address of the verizon router on your subnet - see step 2 8 remove the stb caller id widget on each tv and then add it again 9 use the test cller id function on each tv to see if it is now working.
@StMickey wrote: First, I want to switch from LAN to LAN to LAN to WAN to see if that setup will be better for caller id. What would be easiest and quickest way to do that without having to recon... See more...
@StMickey wrote: First, I want to switch from LAN to LAN to LAN to WAN to see if that setup will be better for caller id. What would be easiest and quickest way to do that without having to reconfigure the fios router? I don't have to really touch the primary router if I want to change the fios router to the WAN port? Do I? Then I will give the router a different subnet, however, which router is assigning ip's to the boxes, the primary router or the fios router? Maybe I have better luck with the LAN-WAN setup instead of LAN-LAN.  Correct, so long as your router is some other subnet other than 192.168.1 When you connect your router lan - vz router wan you would first configure the vz router to have a static wan address on your router's lan and you will turn the dhcp server back on and then it will assign the stb ips as it was doing before then you would forward all the ip addresses that are in the pf rules on the vz router from your router to the vz router wan address on your router subnet.
@Chapmank wrote: I'm suddenly unable to access WSOP.com poker site because the web site is detecting remote access software on my home network.  I suspect that this is the remote access to the DV... See more...
@Chapmank wrote: I'm suddenly unable to access WSOP.com poker site because the web site is detecting remote access software on my home network.  I suspect that this is the remote access to the DVR, and I cannot find a way to disable the remote access features.  Router settings do not seem to permit disabling the remote access.  Tech support is no help.  Any ideas? When does the error come up? and what does it actually say? I turned on an RDP server on my internal network and opened the ports to get it and then accessed www.wsop.com with no issues 
@StMickey wrote: Is there a way to find out on the actual box the ports that are open, I remember the old boxes you used to press a combination of buttons and it would go to a setup menu. For... See more...
@StMickey wrote: Is there a way to find out on the actual box the ports that are open, I remember the old boxes you used to press a combination of buttons and it would go to a setup menu. For caller id ALL the boxes are listening on port 63145.  NOTE, they are ALL listeing on the same port. However The inbound traffic for the boxes will be coming in on a range of ports starting at 63145 and incrementing by 1 for each box - so if you have 4 boxes the traffic will be coming in on port range 63145 - 63148 See below picture The above picture is from my Verizon Actiontec router.  It shows that the vz router is redirecting port 63145 to box 4 - 192.169.1.103 port 63146 to box 3 - 192.168.1.102 port 63147 to box 1 - 192.168.1.100 port 63148 to box 2 - 192.168.1.101 I have no idea how the oder of the ports in relation to the order of ip addresses was defined but suspect it was something to do with the order of the boxes being switched on when the new router was installed. As you have your router defining the STB ip addresses I don't know if it agrees with what the vz router initially set up which may or not be important.  However at the time the vz router etablished the router to stb connection it obviously sent the info back to verizon in order to establish the specific port that was going to be used for traffic for that box and that info is being used by the caller id widgit to decide which port/s to use. In my case I just made the vz router have it's own subnet and forwarded the port range from my router to the vz router to let it sort out which specific stb the 4 different traffic ports should go to.. Even after doing that I still had to remove and restart the caller id function on each tv.
@Telcoguru wrote: Are you setup to keep logged on for 2 weeks when you open the page? If you are make sure you are logged out on the top right hand side and log back in with the other user id and... See more...
@Telcoguru wrote: Are you setup to keep logged on for 2 weeks when you open the page? If you are make sure you are logged out on the top right hand side and log back in with the other user id and password. Which page are you talking about? I only have one id that sort of works - the community id.  My residential id has not worked for community access since Jan 16th.
Received a private message notification for my residential userid forum logon says  Hello viafax999, You have received a private message in the Verizon Forums from: viafax with the subject line: t... See more...
Received a private message notification for my residential userid forum logon says  Hello viafax999, You have received a private message in the Verizon Forums from: viafax with the subject line: test message. Private messages are located at the envelope icon on the upper right-hand side of the community. Please click here to access the community. You will need to login before you can read your message. If you prefer not to get private message notifications in your email, you may turn this feature off by selecting Profile Settings>Preferences>Private Messenger and uncheck the "receive email notifications" option. We strongly recommend that you leave the notifications on so you will continue to receive community support related private messages. Click on the link and get Authentication Failed. Go To             CommunityUsers       Verizon Forums : Authentication Failed.       The link you clicked is requesting an operation that requires authentication, but the authentication failed. There are five main reasons why this may happen: 1) The link you clicked on was not generated for you, but was intended only for someone else's use to perform an action on their account. If the other person pasted such a link into a message body or you were re-directed to such a link from another link you clicked on, the authentication will fail and you will arrive here instead. 2) The link was valid for you, but your authentication ticket has expired. If this is the case, hit the back button in your browser and refresh the page containing the link. You will then get a fresh ticket and when you click on the link again it will work. 3) Your browser session may have expired. If so, hit the back button in your browser, then refresh the page containing the link you clicked on. You will get a fresh ticket and if you click on the link again it will work. 4) Your browser may be set to not accept session cookies (or the cookie may have been deleted, or you may have been prompted and refused the cookie), in this case you should modify your browser settings to accept session cookies, and/or accept the session cookie if you are prompted, in order to use this site. 5) Your browser arrived at this location from someplace other than this site (an external link or site), or your browser or security software may be set to not send referrer information, in this case you should use the links on this site itself or verify that your browser or security software settings allow sending referrer information, in order to use this site. Return to my original page   Click on return to original page and get An Unexpected Error has occurred. Your request failed. We recommend you open a Lithium Support Case and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 126F7DA2. Click your browser's Back button to continue. Return to my original page     Would like to opn a Lithium Support Case to see if anybody is actually trying to work out why my residentaila userid logon does not work   Thanks  
As my residential userid a nd password combo does not allow me to sign on the the community forums I am forced to sign on with a community userid and password from many years back.  That id was set u... See more...
As my residential userid a nd password combo does not allow me to sign on the the community forums I am forced to sign on with a community userid and password from many years back.  That id was set up using an email address that I don't normally monitor which is why I never see the notifications of emails sent from the forum monitor staff. I have attempted several times to change the notification email address by signinging on and selecting settings and then entering a different email address.  Each time it accepts the email address and the re-entry of the email address and says the change has been accepted but must be confirmed.  I go to the mail box for the new email address and find the confirmation email and link to confirm.  Select the confirmation link and the settings page changes to say email confirmed.  Next time I logon I'm back at the old email address again Any hints?? or just another bug like the one that won't allow me to sign on with my residentail userid and password?
@eljefe wrote: I'm guessing you have a valid reason for different subnets but I can't guess what that reason is. I have a similar setup. ONT Coax > Actiontec coax port Actiontec subnet 192.168.... See more...
@eljefe wrote: I'm guessing you have a valid reason for different subnets but I can't guess what that reason is. I have a similar setup. ONT Coax > Actiontec coax port Actiontec subnet 192.168.1.1 Actiontec LAN port > Netgear R6100 static IP 192.168.1.155 Actiontec LAN port > DLink DIR-601 static IP 192.168.1.51 I have the Netgear in AP mode and the DHCP server disabled on the DLink.  With this configuration the Actiontec DHCP server assigns IP's to all devices connected to all 3 routers and all devices can access all other devices on any of the 3 routers. Might my configuration work for you? No, I've known how to do that for years. I specifically have them set up on different subnets to try and get static routing to work, that why I directed the question to people who understand how static routes work. Ostensibly they do work on soho routers otherwise the manufacturers would not make the effort to implement them in the firmware however I have never yet managed to get them to work neither have I ever found anybody who could explain how to get them to work.
I just modified my router setup to a primary and secondary configuration to test accesing from the primary to the sendary - which I think is what you are doing. As it doesn't work currently, I'm gue... See more...
I just modified my router setup to a primary and secondary configuration to test accesing from the primary to the sendary - which I think is what you are doing. As it doesn't work currently, I'm guessing because of a fw issue, I'm tring to get some help via a posted query http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Any-static-routing-experts-here/td-p/776757 to see if anybody knows what setting I need to modify as it is meant to be supported
Have a setup involving 3 routers and various workstations as follows Ont Cat5 -> Actiontec wan port.  Actiontec subnet 192.168.1 Actiontec lan port -> Netgear wndr3200 wan port (192.168.1.253).  Ne... See more...
Have a setup involving 3 routers and various workstations as follows Ont Cat5 -> Actiontec wan port.  Actiontec subnet 192.168.1 Actiontec lan port -> Netgear wndr3200 wan port (192.168.1.253).  Netgear seubnet 192.168.0 Actiontec lan port -> Dlink dir655             wan port (192.168.1.254). Dlink subnet 192.168.3 Have user devices on all 3 subnets and the can all talk to the internet fine.  In addition can access the Actiontec admin from any device on the Netgear or Dlink subnets. Would like to be able to access the Netgear and Dlink subnets from devices on Actiontec subnet.  I know this involes building static routes on all the routers and have done this but still can't access so presume either my static routes are incorrect or more likely there is something I have to in the router firewalls.  I lean more to the router firewalls as I am guessing they are blocking the inbound traffic. Anybody have any hints as to how this is done?
Possibly, however I tried to do the same thing on my Actiontec and it does not seem to wrk there either.  I never actually noticed before because I always added the statics into the drivers\etc\hosts... See more...
Possibly, however I tried to do the same thing on my Actiontec and it does not seem to wrk there either.  I never actually noticed before because I always added the statics into the drivers\etc\hosts file.
Can you ping any of the entries that were not added by yourself?
@bobniss1 wrote: Having same issue, local DNS appears to not exist, even on the router Do you have any entries on the dns server page? Logon to the router select advanced select dns server... See more...
@bobniss1 wrote: Having same issue, local DNS appears to not exist, even on the router Do you have any entries on the dns server page? Logon to the router select advanced select dns server - you should get a list of all assigned devices with names
@FIOSfan2013 wrote: Yes, on the WAN side, the router is getting the following DNS addresses: 71.243.0.12 68.237.161.12 Just to be clear, I am not having any issues resolving external DNS entri... See more...
@FIOSfan2013 wrote: Yes, on the WAN side, the router is getting the following DNS addresses: 71.243.0.12 68.237.161.12 Just to be clear, I am not having any issues resolving external DNS entries,  my issue is specific to user-defined entries for use on my LAN. Ah, that is a totally different question and you'd certainly need to use 192.168.1.1 as the dns server for that to work, presuming that the device names you are adding are on the verizon router's subnet? How are you adding the dns names?  By selecting a dhcp  assigned entry and changing the name or adding a new dns entry to the dns server?
@FIOSfan2013 wrote: I believe that Greenwave Systems manufacturered the G1100 router.  Does anyone know of a number/email to use to report issues/bugs with the G1100's firmware?   Perhaps the DNS... See more...
@FIOSfan2013 wrote: I believe that Greenwave Systems manufacturered the G1100 router.  Does anyone know of a number/email to use to report issues/bugs with the G1100's firmware?   Perhaps the DNS issue could be resolved in a future firmware release. The firmware will be specific to Verizon since thee cutomize it for passwords, wifi keys etc. As stated earlier getting a dns server of 192.168.1.1 is quite correct. Did you check that the router is in fact getting an external dns server address when it' gets it's dhcp assignation on the wan port?
I think that is just the bbu, Battery Backup Unit.  You shoule be able to open the door on the left and see tha battery.   I have a combined internal ont and bbu. I'm thinking the reason you can't c... See more...
I think that is just the bbu, Battery Backup Unit.  You shoule be able to open the door on the left and see tha battery.   I have a combined internal ont and bbu. I'm thinking the reason you can't connect the Asus router to the Actiontec via wifi is because I believe it's not supported. I would guess that your ont is the other unit outside and that they ran the coax cable to connect to your internal coax setup. Similarly if you have phone service they will have run the phone wire/s to the nid - phone network interface device - typically on the outside of the house, one side belongs to phone service provider and the other can be opened by you.  I guess your ethernet connection is not used. You could run an ethernet cat 5/6 cable externally and bring it thru the wall but if you don't have any internal ethernet cabling that won't help you much.  An alternative would be to use and ECB2200 ethernet over coax adapter which which has an rj45 ethernet jack on it.  That device would connect to any coax connector in your house.  There are several manufacturers of such devices.  Also you could just go to Ebay and purchase an old fios router/s that could also connect to any coax connector and provide 4 ethernet jacks
@MickeyS wrote: So basically the ports that are being forwarded are being opened to router not the actual device or in my case the STBs'. When I gave my router a different subnet than the fios ro... See more...
@MickeyS wrote: So basically the ports that are being forwarded are being opened to router not the actual device or in my case the STBs'. When I gave my router a different subnet than the fios router I wasn't able to log into my fios anymore, can you log in to the router even when the are two different subnets? I am going to try today again, I tried it last night but I forgot to give the fios router a static ip, I thought that by just changing the ip would be enough but it wasn't. These instructions make a lot of sense, I think this is going to work. I notice that when I changed to the new subnet on my router, the boxes came up with the new subnet rather than the fios subnet. What do mean my logging into myfios?  Do you mean you couldn't logon to the vz router at 192.168.1.1?  if that is correct because there is no route for it, you would need to have a device connected to the 192.168.1 subnet
@Justin wrote: Well what do you know, today, 2/5, I can now log in as myself again. GREAT! Thanks to all who worked to get this fixed, at least for me. And on top of this, I got the update to Qua... See more...
@Justin wrote: Well what do you know, today, 2/5, I can now log in as myself again. GREAT! Thanks to all who worked to get this fixed, at least for me. And on top of this, I got the update to Quantum TV overnight, at least on the surface appears much improved. __________________________________ Justin FiOS TV: Extreme HD, Internet: 50/50, Digital Voice VMS Enhanced Service: 1 server, 2 clients Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1) Do you still get that profile update screen at sign on? My logon still isn't working.
@wpease11 wrote: Hi,a few questions on configuration please 1)it looks like the WPA2 preshared key is displayed in the clear and uploaded to the TV as well. Convenient in one way but is there a... See more...
@wpease11 wrote: Hi,a few questions on configuration please 1)it looks like the WPA2 preshared key is displayed in the clear and uploaded to the TV as well. Convenient in one way but is there any way to prevent this?Did look around but there doesnt seem to be away to prevent this. The admin passwords are not displayed Thanks W> You can just change the wpa2 preshared key, however I think it will still be displayed on the TV, but at leat then you wouldn't have to go to the effort of erasing the password on the router's label.  A reset to factory defaults would re-instate the original preshared key.
@C10 wrote: I need to be able to offer occasional visitors internet access via wifi on my home network. I bought a second wireless router, Linksys E900, but have been unable to activate it as ... See more...
@C10 wrote: I need to be able to offer occasional visitors internet access via wifi on my home network. I bought a second wireless router, Linksys E900, but have been unable to activate it as an unprotected access point with my Verizon M1424WR also enabled. In fact, whenever I followed various directions for doing this, as a "bridge" router or otherwise, things messed up and it took a while just to get the main router working. If anyone can point to a failsafe guide, I'd be very grateful! I don't necessarily need Internet access while guests are here. So as an alternative, what about turning off the M1424WR's WEP security, and either putting my desktop PC on standby or pulling its ethernet connection to the router? Is there any way that guest connections could accidentally or via malware corrupt something in the router that would then infect my system? Thanks for all advice here. How is your e900 connected with the rest of your network? I believe the e900 supports open guest access  If you connected the e900 as a secondary subnet  there should be no issues, it really depends what the main purpose is of your e900.  You should be able to have both ssid;s on the e900 running, the main one protected and the guest one open and have the actiontec running protected too.