Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,303 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

tikibar1's Posts

Have you tried rebooting the phone?  
Real Time Text Icon  Use Real Time Text With Calls 
move elsewhere to better reflect the issue Link to post: (Can't port my number into Verizon) by awhigham15 https://community.verizon.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Can-t-port-my-number-into-Verizon... See more...
move elsewhere to better reflect the issue Link to post: (Can't port my number into Verizon) by awhigham15 https://community.verizon.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Can-t-port-my-number-into-Verizon/m-p/1741044#M2499 I currently have a Verizon account with one line of service as well as Verizon Home Internet because I get an ultra wideband signal at my house.  Many years ago my wife tried to port her number from a regional carrier in Iowa where the number originated.  Verizon would not port the number at the time, which I just accepted assuming it was due to some legal regulation of some sort. Fast forward to 2024 and I'm trying this again with a bit more vigilance because I live in Nebraska, this is a work number, and I'm tired of traveling a few hours back to Iowa to deal with this phone plan.  Verizon maintains that because they do not technically provide service in the area where the number originated, they can't operate the number on their network.  This is a vague response that gives no detail as to what the technical restriction is preventing the number from operating.  I have contacted the FCC who said they have no restrictions preventing this.  I have contacted other major carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, etc.) who are all able to port the number despite having worse coverage at my home in Nebraska as well as the town in Iowa where the number originated. My best guess is that Verizon doesn't want to take the time to create routes for some of these new numbers that haven't operated on their network.  I could be way off, but unfortunately I haven't been provided with any better explanation from them.  I completely understand that this is a rare case that may not be worth the time and effort for a company the size of Verizon to spend resources on, but I would appreciate a legitimate reason. Typically Verizon has quality customer service.  I have had great experiences in the past, but this has been very frustrating.  I had a representative from the porting department tell me to purchase a new phone with a temporary number and he would do the port after the line of service was established.  He gave me his direct line and all seemed great.  Then I setup the phone and have called him dozens of times across multiple weeks with no response and no way to leave a voicemail (mailbox is full).  I called again to the port center and the representative said the number could not be ported.  I submitted a ticket to the FCC who is not enforcing anything that would prevent the port.  The FCC forwarded the request to the Verizon corporate office who gave the response outlined above. Additionally, Verizon's website (https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/) claims to have 4G LTE coverage in the town where my number originated.  I'm not sure on the accuracy of the website, but cellmapper.net shows multiple Verizon towers operating in the town.  Whatever the case may be, the answer provided does not seem to align with whatever technical issues are preventing the number from operating on Verizon's network.  It is safe to say that something as simple as retaining a work number to use on Verizon within their coverage area has been extremely difficult and I'm very close to moving all my service to another carrier with worse coverage due to this experience alone. This message has 0 replies
@SynthpopAddict wrote: They got rid of the Contact Us link at the top of the forums for some reason At the top of the page, Support > Contact Us and choose from the list of options. If all el... See more...
@SynthpopAddict wrote: They got rid of the Contact Us link at the top of the forums for some reason At the top of the page, Support > Contact Us and choose from the list of options. If all else fails, Support > Contact Us > Mobile > Troubleshooting > Skip This Step and you can chat, have VzW call you, or you can call them.
The latest announced update was the one in Nov 2023.  Galaxy watches don't have a regular update schedule like phones do. Galaxy Watch 6 Update 
@SynthpopAddict wrote: (Sorry, I can't mark your post as a solution.  There's some issue with my browser methinks.) As noted in your other thread, you can't mark an answer as correct unless y... See more...
@SynthpopAddict wrote: (Sorry, I can't mark your post as a solution.  There's some issue with my browser methinks.) As noted in your other thread, you can't mark an answer as correct unless you created the thread. See: Can't Mark Post as a Solution 
From the 'Getting Started/FAQs': "You can mark a solution as accepted only for questions that you've posted (you started the thread). Community moderators can also mark one of the replies to a messa... See more...
From the 'Getting Started/FAQs': "You can mark a solution as accepted only for questions that you've posted (you started the thread). Community moderators can also mark one of the replies to a message as an accepted solution"  
Has he tried removing you as an Account Manager, waiting a day or two for the system to update, and then trying to add you as an Account Manager again? Account roles 
You can request bills from the past seven years by contacting Customer Service; there is a fee per statement. Contact Us 
Is texting enabled on the line (no text block?)? Is airplane mode on? Do you have a cell signal or are you connected to wi-fi?  
How to disconnect a mobile line or cancel your mobile phone account 
From the link provided above: Can I get my mobile bills that are older than 18 months? Yes. You can contact us if you need older Verizon mobile bills (up to 7 years old). A $5 reprint fee... See more...
From the link provided above: Can I get my mobile bills that are older than 18 months? Yes. You can contact us if you need older Verizon mobile bills (up to 7 years old). A $5 reprint fee applies for bills requested through Customer Service by phone or in a Verizon store.
An option: SMS Backup and Restore 
Did you compare your bill details to the previous bill's details to see what changed? I occasionally see small changes in service charges and/or taxes.  
@batwoman____ wrote: I have all my settings on my Samsung Galaxy A53 set as instructed to have my photos, contacts, etc. backed up nightly, yet whenever I look in the Cloud App the backup has not... See more...
@batwoman____ wrote: I have all my settings on my Samsung Galaxy A53 set as instructed to have my photos, contacts, etc. backed up nightly, yet whenever I look in the Cloud App the backup has not worked, and I need to initiate it manually. Any ideas on why that might be? Have you considered backing up to your Google account instead?  
If you have an Android and if it's possible to have your phone in the building one time to set up the pairing, you could consider Messages by Google     
Have you tried to manually sync your e-mail? Have you tried removing the account and adding it back?  
@Alabamatoy wrote: ......Just another of several reasons currently pressing me to change carriers. Or change to Messages by Google 
@t_henderson wrote: I tried before but it won't stay signed it. Have to scan his phone and it doesn't last... I need real time updates. Thanks for the info. Maybe something new I don't know about?... See more...
@t_henderson wrote: I tried before but it won't stay signed it. Have to scan his phone and it doesn't last... I need real time updates. Thanks for the info. Maybe something new I don't know about? I'm open to suggestions! When you pair the phone with the computer, do you choose Yes when it asks 'Remember this computer' on the computer?  
Messages by Google