Howdee all. I have the Note 4, and am on the latest release of Android for my area. 6.0.1 I'm using the default Samsung email client that comes with the phone. It shows the white envelope back... Ver más...
Howdee all. I have the Note 4, and am on the latest release of Android for my area. 6.0.1 I'm using the default Samsung email client that comes with the phone. It shows the white envelope background, with the red @ symbol in the middle. Starting at some point last year, I think during the spring, the emails I'd delete would repopulate. I thought it was something my ISP had done, because they've been going through lots of software updates, and changes on their website. I finally got some time today to talk with them, and found it's not them. I wasn't sure if I should call Samsung or not, so I'm starting here. How do I get the settings in the email to allow me to set a permanent deletion of any emails I delete. It worked that way before, but at some point, with the Verizon update issued last year, or the autumn before-- 2016-- it changed, and each and every time I'd delete an email, it'd repopulate, within 5 or so minutes. It's got me in a tizzy with my ISP, and they don't understand the problem. TYIA. SteveB
Hi. This is 6 months later, but I decided to cancel the update, force a restart, and a few days, or perhaps weeks later, the update came up again, in a measure I was more comfortable with. I'm a... See more...
Hi. This is 6 months later, but I decided to cancel the update, force a restart, and a few days, or perhaps weeks later, the update came up again, in a measure I was more comfortable with. I'm at 6.0.1. I.e., the issue is resolved. Gracias.
Ok. Here's where this gets really weird. I finally just unplugged, and rebooted my phone. It appears to be ok.... However, if I plug it back into my PC, it restarts where it supposedly left of... Ver más...
Ok. Here's where this gets really weird. I finally just unplugged, and rebooted my phone. It appears to be ok.... However, if I plug it back into my PC, it restarts where it supposedly left off. I then removed it again, and restarted the phone again. I checked the android system updates, through the VZW network, and it says there are no updates available. This is more than a little disconcerting. I'm not all that concerned about not receiving an update. I am however concerned about PC software saying, and initiating a, there is an OS update, causing a freezing of my phone, when the regular phone network say that nothing is available. There's just something seriously wrong about the same company sending mixed signals for technology. There either is, or is not. You don't get both.
Howdee all. I plugged my phone into my work pc today, to remove some photos for a project I'm working on. The software upgrade assistant began an upgrade, and when I went to check into it, it st... Ver más...
Howdee all. I plugged my phone into my work pc today, to remove some photos for a project I'm working on. The software upgrade assistant began an upgrade, and when I went to check into it, it states that Android 6.0.1 is downloading. So, not really thinking about it, and noticing that it's supposed to only take 30-90 minutes, knowing I'll be busy for that long, I run it. It's now 3+ hours later, and stuck in upgrading, at 83%, and the phone screen saying it's downloading, and in the upper left corner of the phone a bunch of really tiny comments. There are 9 colored lines of text. The first line, red, appears to read- OOIN MODE (HIGH SPEED) The next four lines are white text, against the black background of the screen, and they are: Product Name: my phone's info. Current Binary: Samsung Official System status: official Reactivation Lock: off The next two lines are gray. Qualcomm Secure Boot: Enable (CSB) AP SWRev: S1, T2, R1, A2, P1 A single line of blue Secure Download: Enable And a single line of white text UDC Start Here's the Vzw-SUA screenshot, with the model#, and my ph# blotted out. In the 20 minutes I've taken to write this out, looking through a magnifying glass to see the text, and then type it out, as well as do a screenshot, and upload the image..... the %-age has not changed. It's still 83%. I suppose my primary question is--- has this seized, and if so, how can I get it unfrozen? I'm off work in 3 hours, and I'm taking this thing with me--- regardless. Please help. I really don't want to destroy my phone's contents, but I need this done in 3 more hours-- PERIOD. TYIA.
Hi. I recently purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I've found that it has a usb connection  but my note2 doesn't work with the usb port. I went to the dealership and they said that I need to buy a ... Ver más...
Hi. I recently purchased a 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I've found that it has a usb connection  but my note2 doesn't work with the usb port. I went to the dealership and they said that I need to buy a specific cable. $45.00. When I bought an aftermarket Bluetooth device, the technician said that the car uses a different communication protocol than the phone does. Car- MSC Phone- MTP/PTP. I just got off the phone with Verizon tech support, and asked them if there were any drivers or patches for this issue. In looking through the multitude of online discussions,  the issue of communication protocols arise there too. It'd be great for someone to write a driver/patch for this,  allowing people like me to connect our phones to our cars and listen to our music, books, etc..... TYIA.
Ok, received the update to 4.3 the other day. Now, not only does the cursor jump, it causes me to jump to the top of the page that I am on. I.e., I can no longer scroll down, it repeatedly j... Ver más...
Ok, received the update to 4.3 the other day. Now, not only does the cursor jump, it causes me to jump to the top of the page that I am on. I.e., I can no longer scroll down, it repeatedly just jumps me to the page top. It takes like 3-10 times to move the cursor where I need it. I don't want to be rude. .... but seriously!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most pathetic excuse for a operating system I have ever had the displeasure of using. Come on Verizon!!!! Do something productive here. My windows phone never had this problem. I would simply like to edit a text window on the Internet without having to fight for the location of my choosing, within the text editing window.
I have this same issue from time to time-- even on calls. In fairness to Samsung however, it occurred occasionally on my HTC Trophy too. Honestly, I think it's a Verizon issue, and not specific... Ver más...
I have this same issue from time to time-- even on calls. In fairness to Samsung however, it occurred occasionally on my HTC Trophy too. Honestly, I think it's a Verizon issue, and not specifically a Samsung, or Note2 issue. It could be a technology issue-- some flaw in the system which results in random bits of code floating in cyberspace, resulting in the feedback! ;-\
Hi all. I bought the Note II a few weeks back, and began noticing immediately that the cursor jumps while typing, in text editing windows of internet forums, as well as in the Android Central's ... Ver más...
Hi all. I bought the Note II a few weeks back, and began noticing immediately that the cursor jumps while typing, in text editing windows of internet forums, as well as in the Android Central's app forum. I asked this on the Android Central forum, and no one ever responded. I now have Samsung on the phone, and they are getting ahold of someone to see if they can do a remote access to rectify this. I am not confident that they can do so, and are falling back on the std--reset to factory-excuse. This strikes me as an OS flaw. I say this because I had purchased an android tablet over the summer and the same thing happened. I wound up returning it for a refund because I could never know until it was too late where I was typing. Has anyone else had this problem? If so-- were you able to fix it? Presently, I'm using my laptop to do this post, but for an example on what would happen--- I'll be typing in a window like this, and suddenly, the cursor would jump back to the top (or any location within the text-editing window), and it'd overwrite everything I'd have typed up top. Another problem that I'm having is that the scroll option would seize up, and I would not be able to scroll the editing window, so as to get the cursor back down to the correct location. While I've gotten used to the major inconvenience it causes-- I'd really like to stop having to deal with this. Android are the only devices that I've ever had this problem occur with. No IOS, or Apple or Windows device I've had over the years has ever had this problem.
morning all. Last month I purchased an extended life battery. When the battery/cover arrived, I went to intall it, and noticed that one of the alignment pins was improperly aligned. I contacte... See more...
morning all. Last month I purchased an extended life battery. When the battery/cover arrived, I went to intall it, and noticed that one of the alignment pins was improperly aligned. I contacted the retailer, and they were going to send me a new cover. I made sure to make the issue that the alignment pin on the upper left corner of the cover (looking at the back of the phone) is aligned properly.  I'm posting this, so that for anyone who does decide to get an extended life battery--- look closely, and pay attention to your phone's back-- alignment pins, and the cover-- look at the photos, and ask for photos of the cover-- specifically the pins.  I wound up having to break an alignment pin off just to get the cover to work.   PAY ATTENTION to what you're buying.
Well, this looks like a slightly older topic, but I've got some experience with this. The replacement cover some of these guys are including with the extended life battery-- I bought mine from H... Ver más...
Well, this looks like a slightly older topic, but I've got some experience with this. The replacement cover some of these guys are including with the extended life battery-- I bought mine from HTCextendedbattery.com, through paypal-- have been manufactured wrong. I.e., the upper left alignment pin (when looking at the back of the phone), or the upper right pin, when looking at the inside of the cover, is aligned vertically, when it should be aligned horizontally. I've put in a request that someone deal with it, but it doesn't resolve the issue now. I had ordered the 3500mAh battery, and was sent the 2300mAh battery/cover. Look closely at the images of the covers, if possible, and the back of your phones, with the covers off-- to check for pin alignments.  I found that the only way I could get the cover to stay on was to break the wrongly aligned pin off.  
Hi all. I've been seeing ATT's translation app tv commercial, where this english speaking kid talks into his phone, asking for some info, and the phone gives a speech translation to an elderly g... Ver más...
Hi all. I've been seeing ATT's translation app tv commercial, where this english speaking kid talks into his phone, asking for some info, and the phone gives a speech translation to an elderly gentleman.  [removed redirected link]  Has such an app actually been developed yet, or is it just part of an ad campaign to sell more att phones?  http://www.research.att.com/projects/Speech_Translation/?fbid=baZ9YGSZ8IK  I've searched the marketplace and see numerous apps, but have no means of determining if it's the same app as used on the tv commercial.  The phone looks like it could be a windows, or android phone-- it definitely does not appear to be an iphone. Watch the commercial on the link provided.
Ok, let's change this up a bit.... How about printing to a wireless printer? Are there any apps for that?
Morning All. I've got the Trophy, and downloaded the scanning app- handy scan. In setting it up, it dawned on me that it'd be really nice if I could use this app to fax documents.   Also, I h... Ver más...
Morning All. I've got the Trophy, and downloaded the scanning app- handy scan. In setting it up, it dawned on me that it'd be really nice if I could use this app to fax documents.  Also, I have an HP7750 all in one fax/copier/scanner/printer, and no longer have a landline. As it has wireless capabilities, does anyone know if I can interface with it, to send/receive faxes?  I have looked for faxing apps, and can only find something called Speed Vente, but as I don't read French, I don't know what it is.  I'd really like to be able to use this to fax docs-- any ideas?
Ok.... called tech support finally and got the phone reset. I'd forgotten..... cie la vie.... They told me-- hold the center button down on the 4 way, and then press the red button. While still... See more...
Ok.... called tech support finally and got the phone reset. I'd forgotten..... cie la vie.... They told me-- hold the center button down on the 4 way, and then press the red button. While still holding the center button on teh 4 way, one should see the reset all data message appear. So... my phone is all reset now, and back in business.... Still thinking about the trophy...
Thanks Chud, I have numerous private contacts which I was explicitly told to not give out/make public. The store clerks, and MS answer's people have already told me about this one.... This is ... Ver más...
Thanks Chud, I have numerous private contacts which I was explicitly told to not give out/make public. The store clerks, and MS answer's people have already told me about this one.... This is actually one the things which bothers me about the contacts issue. I had a few contacts on my live account-- emails-- which automatically downloaded to my phone. When I finally figured out where they'd come from, and went to delete them, I got a message which stated those would be deleted from my hotmail account as well.... Why in the world would anyone FORCE you to have contacts all in a single location, when you were content having them as they were? to me this is.... a totally impolite phrase here....!!!  While I haven't been into the web side of my live account, I'm guessing at this point, those 3 contacts are gone. What I'm now curious about is-- is their "friend" status gone as well because I removed them from my phone, on Live.com?  I have my contacts where they are for an explicit reason. I do not like having to be forced to do something I do not want done. It's ridiculous!!!  So, thank you for the information, knew about it already-- do not want that.   
I'm an older person, and had a wm6.1 phone before. It took me a while, but after getting a 16gb micro card, I found myself in hog heaven. I had the tools I wanted, could use the calendar as I n... Ver más...
I'm an older person, and had a wm6.1 phone before. It took me a while, but after getting a 16gb micro card, I found myself in hog heaven. I had the tools I wanted, could use the calendar as I needed, move files back and forth, bluetooth things off/on the phone, etc.... I had a great library I could listen, read, etc..... My only real complaint-- and I had a few-- was that the screen was smaller than my eyes liked. I finally gave in last week after my old phone became corrupted and was no longer usable. Multiple failed attempts at removing the files so I could hard reset failed, so I got the new Trophy. 1- very nice interface. I think they call it Metro UI. 2- great speed/app access. 3- nice camera.... I'm liking this. My last one was only a 1.3mp cam. shoddy pics/videos. 4- ease of use. 5- lots of free goodies on the marketplace.  cons---- cannot do anything I used to take for granted on my wm6.1. Can't set customized calendar recurrences to the degree I could before. can't bluetooth files off/on device. can't import contacts/calendar/tasks to new phone from outlook pro. can't use active synch/windows mobile device center can't use device as a storage tool to cart files of own choosing around. To many newcomers, apparently these are non-issues, and I'm happy for them. I however require a tool more than I do a pocket-sized entertainment center. I had both a tool and a not entirely impressive entertainment center in my pocket with the old phone. I've just spent the last hour attempting to reset my old phone, and nothing is working. If I ever figure it out-- I'm really considering going back until I can find a phone that does what I actually need it to do, instead of what someone tells me I'm supposed to want it to do.... Overall-- I give the trophy a 5. Impressive for entertainment, but sucks in tool-design.  I'll try it for another couple of weeks, and see if I can convince myself it's worth the time I'm now beginning to get increasingly frustrated over. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't gotten use to the old tool stuff I could do with the wm6.1 phone. I really did find myself taking that for granted.... and enjoyed it immensely!!!!
Hi all. Well, I got a new Trophy because my old Samsung i760 became corrupted. I've had the Trophy now for 1 week.... There is so much that makes the Trophy really cool, and just enough that ma... Ver más...
Hi all. Well, I got a new Trophy because my old Samsung i760 became corrupted. I've had the Trophy now for 1 week.... There is so much that makes the Trophy really cool, and just enough that makes me seriously motivated to get my old samsung working again. So, here I am-- I'm attempting to reset my samsung back to factory specs, using the red button, but it's not working. I must've pushed that buttom a good 15-30 times now, and nothing is working. I of course have done a hard boot, by removing the battery-- long before I ever got to the red button-- that hasn't worked either. Anyone know how to reset that phone? The Samsung, not the Trophy. HELP!!!!!! please.....
Evenin' all. I've just purchased a Trophy, and need to import all my contacts from my PC. I had a Samsung I-760, and it's become so corrupted no one has been able to get anything off the old ph... Ver más...
Evenin' all. I've just purchased a Trophy, and need to import all my contacts from my PC. I had a Samsung I-760, and it's become so corrupted no one has been able to get anything off the old phone over to the new phone. I spent yesterday afternoon, bluetoothing all my contacts off the old phone, onto my mac, and then using my flash drive moved all the vcf files over to my pc, and am now attempting to import them all into outlook 2007-- one at a time..... ugh!!!!! I've stopped by the store, and just got off the phone with tech support, and everyone is telling me I have to load all my contacts onto the internet, and then import them to the phone. To me this is untolerable. I've been given most of these contacts with the explicit understanding that the information not be made public. So.... someone..... please..... tell me that there is a way to not have to do this manually-- I've got around 200 contacts. I had initially tried just copying the pim.vol file off the samsung, and onto the Trophy. Of course that did not take, so I was left with what I'd desribed above. I've found that the only bluetooth services the Trophy has is for audio-- no file-transfer capabilities whatsoever.... This is beyond the use of nice words, and is seriously disappointing.  Zune of course has no calendar/contact transfer recognition, so that cannot be used-- what a waste of a perfectly good idea. Any experiences yet that are doable?