Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,012 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

boxermansr's Posts

Did you have to activate the SIM, or you were just able to insert it and it worked? If so (and it didn't require re-activation) it may have still had your device info stored on it (if it was prev... See more...
Did you have to activate the SIM, or you were just able to insert it and it worked? If so (and it didn't require re-activation) it may have still had your device info stored on it (if it was previously used in that device), or maybe just a SIM (Verizon) being present is/was required. Glad you got it working. I already sent them this on social media, and via their Executive Relations team, so hopefully they get it fixed so it works 100% with just ESIM.
Yes you will need to re-activate with a regular physical SIM, as the device needs to be activated (via the SIM) to link it to the billing portion of Apple Music. I activated my physical SIM via c... See more...
Yes you will need to re-activate with a regular physical SIM, as the device needs to be activated (via the SIM) to link it to the billing portion of Apple Music. I activated my physical SIM via chat, linked/activated Apple Music, then swapped back to the ESIM with the same chat rep. Took about 10 minutes total. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, but so far seems to be the only fix, unless Apple/Verizon fixed/fixes in the latest iOS update that was just released today, though I'm not sure it's an iOS issue.
I ended up getting it working last night after a reading a post elsewhere. It seems if you're using the ESIM (on iPhone XS, XS Max, or Xr) that is causing the issue. I swapped from ESIM back to a... See more...
I ended up getting it working last night after a reading a post elsewhere. It seems if you're using the ESIM (on iPhone XS, XS Max, or Xr) that is causing the issue. I swapped from ESIM back to a physical SIM card and was able to activate/link the subscription. Swapped back to ESIM and it's now working. If however you're not using an ESIM, then I have no suggestion, as I tried literally everything short of wiping and resetting the device, but if you are using ESIM and have a Verizon SIM to swap back to long enough to link with applemusic.com/carrier then you should be good to go.
I have been trying since this morning to add Apple Music to one of my three eligible lines (I am on Beyond Unlimited). I have spoken with Apple for almost two hours as well, and still am not able... See more...
I have been trying since this morning to add Apple Music to one of my three eligible lines (I am on Beyond Unlimited). I have spoken with Apple for almost two hours as well, and still am not able to use Apple Music on this one line/device (iPhone Xr). I have logged out of all Apple related services on the device (Apple Music, iCloud, everything that has my Apple ID). I have also removed and re-installed Apple Music. I was able to login to the Verizon website and *ENROLL* the line, I also got the text telling me to go to applemusic.com/carrier -- I do this and I am presented with an error that states "You don't have an Apple Music membership with mobile service provider". The only option I am able to then click is "OK. I am NOT subscribed to Apple Music via Apple either, so that is not the issue. It seems that Verizon *thinks* I am enrolled, but it seems that information is not being passed to Apple, as Apple has confirmed four times now that there is NO subscription active for this device/APPLE ID. The only option I am being presented if I want to subscribe to Apple Music, is to do so directly through Apple. I have another line which was already enrolled in Apple Music, and is on the last month of the 6 month trial -- which I have been told will roll over to the "included" version of Apple Music once the 6 month sub finishes. The line I am having issues with however *is not* *has not* been active with the 6 month promotion. The only option I see now for the line is to "opt out" of Apple Music, which I do not want to do, as I fear it will block me from re-adding it. NOBODY at Verizon seems to care about working with me to find a solution. I changed to this plan, which cost me a bit more than the one I was on already (but it was worth it to have several lines with Apple Music included) and thus far it seems all Verizon wants to do is point the finger at Apple, and Apple has been more than forthcoming with me, and states that the issue IS ON VERIZON's end. It also seems that Verizon does not empower their associates to take any level of ownership over customer related issues. It' really sad, because I don't often need to engage with customer service, but the past few times I've had to, it's been tremendously AWFUL. If it were not for the fact that their service works everywhere I go, I would leave for another provider immediately, but at some point the poor customer service will be enough to make that a reality anyhow. Someone at Verizon, who has some authority, an independent mind of their own, and the ability to read, listen, and resolve is requested to assist with this, as I know I am not the only one who is facing this issue.
The iPhone 5S will indeed work on another carriers network. I've used mine on T-Mobile several times with no issue. Verizon, per some regulation, has to sell all of their 4G/LTE devices unlocked.
It is not possible. Apple stops signing older versions of iOS  (meaning their servers will not allow you to restore, as they're no longer validating that version), generally within days after a n... See more...
It is not possible. Apple stops signing older versions of iOS  (meaning their servers will not allow you to restore, as they're no longer validating that version), generally within days after a new release - in this case, 7.0.6 was no longer available within a few hours of 7.1 being released.
If you legitimately contacted them on Twitter, and they need to check your account to verify, etc, then yes they will ask. I've had this happen before, but it's only been where I've asked them to... See more...
If you legitimately contacted them on Twitter, and they need to check your account to verify, etc, then yes they will ask. I've had this happen before, but it's only been where I've asked them to check into something for me (where I'm not in the rush to need to call, etc), never just a random request for it.
Best bet, unfortunately, is to call customer care, as this is more of a peer-to-peer forum. In some instances Verizon will chime in, but don't expect any real results. You can also take a shot in... See more...
Best bet, unfortunately, is to call customer care, as this is more of a peer-to-peer forum. In some instances Verizon will chime in, but don't expect any real results. You can also take a shot in the dark, and try to contact one of the folks at this link -> https://www.verizonwireless.com/aboutus/leadership/executive.html (some of them have a link to "contact"), and maybe you'll get some results. Ultimately, I suppose it has to do with what your complaint is, since you were not specific.
You'll need to get a new Nano Sim. They are free at any Verizon Wireless location.
The 5s with Verizon is indeed already unlocked. I myself have used mine with T-Mobile twice in the past month. As far as carrier settings (at least for me), once I've powered down, removed my Ver... See more...
The 5s with Verizon is indeed already unlocked. I myself have used mine with T-Mobile twice in the past month. As far as carrier settings (at least for me), once I've powered down, removed my Verizon SIM, put the T-Mobile one in, and powered back up, the T-Mobile settings are already there. I'd suggest if your device isn't getting the right carrier settings, visiting Apple, as they'd be the best source to help you, as Verizon won't if you're no longer one of their customers. Either way, if the device is defective, and it's certainly not a year old, Apple will replace it (I imagine with the same model you have now, so asking for a T-Mobile one won't work, and you don't want a T-Mobile one anyhow as from what I understand those are locked to T-Mobile). Good luck.
I'm guessing since you posted in the iPhone 5 forum, it's an iPhone 5. When you say die, do you mean the battery died and it powered off, it it DIED as it just stopped working altogether? If t... See more...
I'm guessing since you posted in the iPhone 5 forum, it's an iPhone 5. When you say die, do you mean the battery died and it powered off, it it DIED as it just stopped working altogether? If the battery died, sometimes it takes awhile for it to turn back on (once you connect it to power). If however it does not turn back on after 30 minutes (it should really only take about 5 minutes if powered from a wall socket, and not USB), then you'll have to visit Apple (or Verizon if there's no Apple store near you). You can also try to hold the power and home button at the same time for about 20 seconds, and see if that kicks it back on, short of that, if charging, or trying the home button and power at same time don't work, you'll have to visit VZ or Apple.
First, it depends on what data package you have. If you have one of the "limited" ones (2gb, 4gb, etc) then I believe Hotspot is included (keep in mind that if you do have metered data, that enti... See more...
First, it depends on what data package you have. If you have one of the "limited" ones (2gb, 4gb, etc) then I believe Hotspot is included (keep in mind that if you do have metered data, that entire amount that you have; 2gb, etc will come from that amount, so keep an eye on your data usage). If you have unlimited data, you have to add the Hotspot feature with Verizon, and that's 30.00 - the advantage here is that you'd have unlimited hotspot data (again thats ONLY if you have unlimited data already). As far as cost to "use" it, there is none, just whatever amount of data you use that's going to come out of your "data bucket" so to speak. Again, if you're on a metered plan, make sure you keep an eye on your data usage as it can add up fast. To set it up goto settings, then personal hotspot, and enable it. You'll have to set a password, and it will ask if you want to use wifi/bluetooth or usb only.
Wal Mart was (and may still be) offering a gift card (for 70 bucks if I recall) for the 5c, and I believe the 16GB was 48 bucks or something. I know my brother in law just took advantage of this ... See more...
Wal Mart was (and may still be) offering a gift card (for 70 bucks if I recall) for the 5c, and I believe the 16GB was 48 bucks or something. I know my brother in law just took advantage of this about 4 days ago, so it's possible it's no longer going on. In the end, I don't think he paid anything out of pocket, with the gift card. Again, I'm not sure if the deal is still ongoing, as I think it started around Black Friday, but I know my bro in law got it several days after that and got the gift card and 48.00 price.
If this (http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/device-installment-plan.html) is what you're talking about - I used it when it barely started (maybe two weeks... See more...
If this (http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/device-installment-plan.html) is what you're talking about - I used it when it barely started (maybe two weeks or so after). It was a real pain at that time, as nobody knew how to process it, etc. It has to (as far as I know) be done in store, no other way (maybe CS can do it over the phone, but I haven't seen the option online).
You might want to login to your Verizon account online, and try using the "reset voicemail password" link (not sure where it is exactly offhand), but that may work. Its worked for me in instances... See more...
You might want to login to your Verizon account online, and try using the "reset voicemail password" link (not sure where it is exactly offhand), but that may work. Its worked for me in instances when I've swapped from an iPhone to an Android device, and then back to the iPhone (something to do with the voice mail system not recognizing it I guess), and has worked each time.
You can do it online (I did it myself with the 5 last year, with Verizon, not too sure how it'd work with Apple, and frankly I was too weary to try, as didn't want to lose my unlimited data). Ord... See more...
You can do it online (I did it myself with the 5 last year, with Verizon, not too sure how it'd work with Apple, and frankly I was too weary to try, as didn't want to lose my unlimited data). Ordered via Verizon's website and it went through all the options, prompted me for what data package I wanted (the unlimited was a bit down the page, I assume to trick you into thinking you had to get one  of the others), and it went off without a hitch. This year, I'm likely going to go to a Verizon store and get the 5s and pay retail again, since Apple decided to do no pre-orders. I'd suggest your best bet, to ensure keeping unlimited is via Verizon's website, or directly from one of their stores, just make sure if you go the store route, that you confirm that you're keeping unlimited data.
Will stores be opening early for those who would rather go in and purchase?
There is no way to go back to any version other than 6.1.4 which is the latest (at least until 7.0 is pushed on the 18th). Apple stops signing their software, usually a week after a newer version... See more...
There is no way to go back to any version other than 6.1.4 which is the latest (at least until 7.0 is pushed on the 18th). Apple stops signing their software, usually a week after a newer version is released, so 6.1.2 hasn't been available for months now to install. Your only option (at least until 7.0 is pushed) is to go back to 6.1.4.
9/20/2013 in store only. (I imagine you can order online at that time too), but there are no pre-orders for the 5s any earlier.
Does Verizon anticipate having enough stock to meet any potential demand? I myself plan to pay retail for the device, and hope that I won't be met with any resistance, in doing so, since it seems... See more...
Does Verizon anticipate having enough stock to meet any potential demand? I myself plan to pay retail for the device, and hope that I won't be met with any resistance, in doing so, since it seems certain stores are more apt to wanting to sell only to those eligible for upgrades, or new activations - while on one hand I see why they do this (to boost their numbers, etc), its not fair to those who want to either purchase it outright (or in some cases use the device payment plan), and since I plan on purchasing some accessories as well when I buy the phone, I'm of the hopes they don't try the "its only for new customers/upgrades" mumbo jumbo.