Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,976 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

jcherin's Posts

Hi everyone, I know that the question of whether you are required to have a data plan if you have a blackberry has been asked and answered several times as I have searched the forums for respons... See more...
Hi everyone, I know that the question of whether you are required to have a data plan if you have a blackberry has been asked and answered several times as I have searched the forums for responses.   I am now writing my version of the question....and I will tell you why.   I needed a device that syncs with MS Outlook calendar...and is a good phone.  I can't afford $30 or $60 dollars for any additional plans but my work uses the Outlook calendar for everything.  I DON'T want email on my phone and I would love a device with browsing/wi-fi but I will let go of that.   I have been using a Samsung i760 for the past four months and basically....I hated it.  Poor design, slow OS, etc.  but it did sync with outlook.  Since I am on a month-month plan (until I know what phone I am using), I was nursing the phone along and looking forward to the Palm Pre coming in January....but not anymore....and now, the i760 is broken.   Which leads me back to needing a good phone that syncs with Outlook.   I have read that if I order the BB data plan and then cancel it, the phone will still work (and so would the direct sync with Outlook).   Has anyone done this....??   Any other suggestions?   thanks