Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,644 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

solomonshv's Posts

i always have that off. i think the S3 had it too and i turned that off on day with both devices. thanks for the suggestion though.
I haven't tried flipping wifi on and off. i would usually flip airplane mode instead. maybe it is a wifi issue. but to be honest, i can't find any rhyme or reason for this occurrence and can't re... See more...
I haven't tried flipping wifi on and off. i would usually flip airplane mode instead. maybe it is a wifi issue. but to be honest, i can't find any rhyme or reason for this occurrence and can't replicate it on command. it just happens at random.
all fair points, but it is my job to test phones before deployment. i work in IT and smart phones are my responsibility. Before I hand out any specific phone model to employees, I always pick one... See more...
all fair points, but it is my job to test phones before deployment. i work in IT and smart phones are my responsibility. Before I hand out any specific phone model to employees, I always pick one up first and do about a week of testing before either allowing the company to by more or not buying them at all. In my company each employee gets any phone they want (assuming I approve the device), and by extension, I get EVERY phone there is. As of right now, I see no reason to approve the S4. It's been giving me lots of headaches. But only 2 out of about 500 employees wanted an S4, so it's not a big deal really.
no point of even talking about this. if there is a way to ruin a device, be sure that verizon will find it. Going back many years to my Samsung Saga, a device that should have been a great phone,... See more...
no point of even talking about this. if there is a way to ruin a device, be sure that verizon will find it. Going back many years to my Samsung Saga, a device that should have been a great phone, totally ruined by Verizon's bloatware. Too many nice features? Verizon will strip some. Don't need NFL apps? No problem, Verizon will shove it down your throat! Everyone else in the ENTIRE WORLD gets free visual voice mail if the device supports it? Verizon charges for it monthly! This is why I am forced to stick with Apple devices. Apple is the only company that doesn't take this BS from Verizon. You will never find a carrier preloaded or stripped feature from an Apple device.
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S4. but it was never a problem with the iPhone 5 or HTC 8X. maybe an android issue?
Optical Reader: no idea what that is... Screen Capture: press and hold the power button + home button for 2-3 seconds Auto Correct: you can enable that in the settings. i just forgot ho... See more...
Optical Reader: no idea what that is... Screen Capture: press and hold the power button + home button for 2-3 seconds Auto Correct: you can enable that in the settings. i just forgot how. back when i had an S3 it was also disabled by default. Block Services: if you want to block numbers, call verizon and tell them which numbers you want blocked. the service is free.
screen capture is done by pressing power and home button at the same time, same way it is done on iOS devices. but you have to hold it for like 2 or 3 seconds. it doesn't just snap right after yo... See more...
screen capture is done by pressing power and home button at the same time, same way it is done on iOS devices. but you have to hold it for like 2 or 3 seconds. it doesn't just snap right after you press those buttons
I've had the S4 since Thursday. I've had to reset this phone at least once a day to get internet access back. Even while connected to a WiFi network, my phone randomly stops connecting to the int... See more...
I've had the S4 since Thursday. I've had to reset this phone at least once a day to get internet access back. Even while connected to a WiFi network, my phone randomly stops connecting to the internet at some point midday. The play store and browsers stop working. The only way to bring it back is to either restart the phone or flip airplane mode on and off. Is there a reason for this behavior? Recently I've used an iPhone 5 and an HTC 8X, neither devices had this problem.
Ok Mr. Smarty Pants. My Bionic can't load any webpages or send out calls when I see 1 or 0 bars, which is pretty much all the time. An HTC thuderbolt, standing 3 inches away, gets 3 bars and does... See more...
Ok Mr. Smarty Pants. My Bionic can't load any webpages or send out calls when I see 1 or 0 bars, which is pretty much all the time. An HTC thuderbolt, standing 3 inches away, gets 3 bars and does everything.    I know what the bars are for very well. 
It's not the network. It's the phone.    I have been sruggling with my Bionic for almost 15 hours now. This phone is the biggest POS in existance! The reception is horrible. In areas where my T... See more...
It's not the network. It's the phone.    I have been sruggling with my Bionic for almost 15 hours now. This phone is the biggest POS in existance! The reception is horrible. In areas where my Thunderbolt would get 3-4 bars of 3G AND 4G, the Bionic gest 1 bar or nothing at all. I can't place calls inside my own **bleep** house. In the 9 years that I've been with Verizon, this was never an issue.    There are also 2 VZ iphones and 1 thunderbolt (aside from my own). The don't have ANY reception problems. The funny thing is that after my Droid X, I promised myself to never buy another Motorola product again. MotoBlur is by far the biggest, most annoying piece of bloatware to ever hit Android. But here I am, dumb enough to buy Motorola again. I guess I will just have to eat that $35 restocking fee.    Thank You Verizon, for selling me a worthless block of sh!t for $300.
thank you   i ended up going to a verizon store and they gave me one.   when i first got the thunderbolt back in march, getting a sim card in the store wasn't an option unless you were buying... See more...
thank you   i ended up going to a verizon store and they gave me one.   when i first got the thunderbolt back in march, getting a sim card in the store wasn't an option unless you were buying a new device. i guess now that changed.
i got it when I called land lines, I got it when I called my boss, who uses Sprint. I even got when I was trying to activate the **bleep** iphone.   and like I said, it isn't a problem with the... See more...
i got it when I called land lines, I got it when I called my boss, who uses Sprint. I even got when I was trying to activate the **bleep** iphone.   and like I said, it isn't a problem with the HTC thunderbolt.   The original BB Storm was a POS. that may have been your problem.
should be 1 time fee
I'm on 3rd iPhone 4 now. I switched back to a Tbolt until I can fix this. Here is my story (keep in mind that I live, work and hang out in places with excellent Verizon reception):   2 or 3 out... See more...
I'm on 3rd iPhone 4 now. I switched back to a Tbolt until I can fix this. Here is my story (keep in mind that I live, work and hang out in places with excellent Verizon reception):   2 or 3 out of every 10 calls I make, the call connects but the quality is so distorted that I sometimes can't make out what is being said. I have to hang up and redial. Even after redialing, the quality is sometimes bad, still.   I am now on my 3rd iPhone 4. 2 purchased at the Apple store in NYC on 5th ave (the flagship, 24 hour store) and 1 was purchased from Verizon store (not a reseller, actual Verizon store).   Updating to 4.2.10 did nothing Plastic/rubber cases did not help. the Apple bumper is worthless. None of the iPhones were jailbroken or physically damaged in anyway. I held the iphones lightly Apple genius kids were clueless.   This was never a problem on my Droid X, DINC, Thunderbolt, Palm Pre, BB Storm 2, BB Tour, Samsung i760, Treo 700wx, you get the picture. I switched back to a beat up, cracked screen, water damaged thunderbolt, and the problem is gone. Haven't had to redial on my last 30 calls.   Is it the phone or is there something wrong with the service in Manhattan and Brooklyn NYC? Or should I save myself the headache and smash it?
Hi, I looked in the FAQs, which are worthless. It states that if I need a 4G sim card then "the easiest way is to order a SIM card online at verizonwireless.com."   OK... I'm on verizonwireless... See more...
Hi, I looked in the FAQs, which are worthless. It states that if I need a 4G sim card then "the easiest way is to order a SIM card online at verizonwireless.com."   OK... I'm on verizonwireless.com and logged into my personal account. Where do I go from here to order one?   Thanks
Hi. i use to have a droid x, which got something between 0.7 and 1.0 mbps download speeds 0.6 to 0.8 mbps upload speeds at my house.   now i get speeds under 0.1mbps. no typos here, 0.1mbps. wi... See more...
Hi. i use to have a droid x, which got something between 0.7 and 1.0 mbps download speeds 0.6 to 0.8 mbps upload speeds at my house.   now i get speeds under 0.1mbps. no typos here, 0.1mbps. with pings of over 1k ms. what gives?   here is a link to a screen shot of a speed test. (uploaded to facebook, but this is direct link and needs no log in) http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189307_684392974094_26311448_37185829_324079_n.jpg   BTW, i don't use covers on my phones, ever. i am mentioning this in case someone brings up the antennagate issue.   thanks