Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,745 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

eloccm's Posts

I would like to have 4G but I am not willing to switch to a buggy Android device just to get faster internet speeds. Besides, many of the areas I frequent don't have 4G anyway.
In Atlanta and Metro Atlanta I have been extremely dissatisfied with my Verizon 3G data speeds. I used to be able to get 1.5 Mbps to 2.5 Mbps and over the past year my data speeds have degraded t... See more...
In Atlanta and Metro Atlanta I have been extremely dissatisfied with my Verizon 3G data speeds. I used to be able to get 1.5 Mbps to 2.5 Mbps and over the past year my data speeds have degraded to around 100 - 300 kpbs. Both iPhone's on my account are getting these very slow speeds and my friends with 3G iPhone's, 3G Android phones and 3G data cards are getting very similar speeds to me. It's pretty clear that Verizon has oversold their network in Metro Atlanta and has not made necessary upgrades to keep up with customer demand. What can we do as customers to make Verizon aware of these network issues and get them resolved? I have attached a screenshot of multiple speed tests to give an idea of just how unacceptable my data speed is.
Any current iOS device will be compatible with almost every app (even the 3 year old iPhone 3GS) If you are still using the original iPhone or iPhone 3G then you are long overdue for an upgrade a... See more...
Any current iOS device will be compatible with almost every app (even the 3 year old iPhone 3GS) If you are still using the original iPhone or iPhone 3G then you are long overdue for an upgrade anyway. The same cant be said for Android phones - there are tons of android phones out NOW that can't run many apps in the market because of hardware limitations or software limitations.
Tell her to check out an app called iSwifter. It's a free browser app that allows you to view any flash content and even play the flash games on Facebook. Puffin is good as well, although a bit m... See more...
Tell her to check out an app called iSwifter. It's a free browser app that allows you to view any flash content and even play the flash games on Facebook. Puffin is good as well, although a bit more limited in what you can do.
I agree that Verizon needs to drastically improve their phone selection - it pales in comparison to AT&T not only in variety but also price!  WAKE UP VERIZON AND STOP RELEASING ANOTHER CRAPPY... See more...
I agree that Verizon needs to drastically improve their phone selection - it pales in comparison to AT&T not only in variety but also price!  WAKE UP VERIZON AND STOP RELEASING ANOTHER CRAPPY ANDROID PHONE EVERY WEEK THAT NO ONE WANTS!!!!!! I would love to have a Nokia Lumia 900 on VZW
Oh and I forgot to mention.. Adobe announced a while ago that they are killing Flash for mobile devices so that whole argument is even more irrelevent now than ever before. (basically as irreleve... See more...
Oh and I forgot to mention.. Adobe announced a while ago that they are killing Flash for mobile devices so that whole argument is even more irrelevent now than ever before. (basically as irrelevent as aruging that your computer is better because it has a floppy disc drive still) Most websites are now supporting HTML5 which is by far the better technology. You can also download several apps on the iPhone (such as puffin browser) that let you view flash content on your iOS device.
I've owned several Android phones and BlackBerries and the iPhone is hands down the better device.  The Android operating system is extremely buggy, laggy, and just generally less reliable than i... See more...
I've owned several Android phones and BlackBerries and the iPhone is hands down the better device.  The Android operating system is extremely buggy, laggy, and just generally less reliable than iOS. Although both platforms have a large app selection, the quality of the apps on iOS is much higher than the apps on the Google Play store. Generally, new apps are released on iOS before Android (if at all) and you will never have to worry about if a certain app will work with your device (since Android is highly fragmented). You also don't have to worry about malicious apps like the fake version of Angry Birds Space recently released on the Google Play store that contained a trojan. Some people will say "but Android is more customizable and has more free apps" and while that may be true, most people don't want to install custom roms on their phone to fix issues that shouldn't be there and the first place and almost all of the free Android apps are riddled with ads (and besides most paid apps on iOS are around .99 cents - very cheap). Any time you step into a Verizon store the sales rep is much more likely to recommend an Android device. Why? Because it makes them and Verizon more $$$$$!! Verizon is making a HUGE push for 4G sales and guess what- the only phones they offer with 4G LTE are a bunch of Android devices.