Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,754 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mcblaber's Posts

It depends on what you're doing. What apps are you using or running in the background when you notice its warm?
Sadly this is a known issue with AMOLED screens. (The same screen technology the S6 uses.) If bothers you enough return it within the 14 days or request a replacement.
All the pre-installed apps can be disabled besides Verizon HotSpot, MyVerizon, and Voicemail. However, only a few apps can be fully uninstalled. I'm not a fan of many of the preinstalled apps ... See more...
All the pre-installed apps can be disabled besides Verizon HotSpot, MyVerizon, and Voicemail. However, only a few apps can be fully uninstalled. I'm not a fan of many of the preinstalled apps so I love the fact that 95% of them can be disabled.
revsgirl wrote: How do I put itunes playlists on to my galaxy 6s phone? Google Play Music makes it really easy to transfer and sync your iTunes playlist. Assuming you use iTunes... See more...
revsgirl wrote: How do I put itunes playlists on to my galaxy 6s phone? Google Play Music makes it really easy to transfer and sync your iTunes playlist. Assuming you use iTunes on your computer you'll just need to download the Google Music desktop app. Once doing so, it will prompt you if you want to add your iTunes playlist on Google Play Music. Once selected, any music that is added to your iTunes will get added to your Google Play Music library upon sycing. Take a look here: How to get your iTunes music onto Android - AndroidPIT
Do you happen to have the Samsung Car/Auto app installed? I had a similar issue, and found disabling that app was the fix.
I'd recommend doing a factory data reset to see if it's software related. If that doesn't fix it, I'd go to a Verizon store ASAP as it's likely a hardware defect.
Some people have reported that changing the network mode improves signal strength. It's a worth a shot. Go to Settings => Mobile Networks => Network Mode: Preferred network mode: LTE / CDM... See more...
Some people have reported that changing the network mode improves signal strength. It's a worth a shot. Go to Settings => Mobile Networks => Network Mode: Preferred network mode: LTE / CDMA Keeping it on Global is pretty useless unless you plan on going out of the country. It's just scanning for unneeded frequencies.
TMO89 wrote: That seems fairly normal unfortunately. 3-5 hours of screen on time is average for this device.
Try booting into the recovery menu by pressing these three buttons at once: home + power + volume up. See if you can manually reboot your device this way.
This cell-standby issue has been plaguing most if not all Android L/5 devices. I'm hoping we'll see a fix with a software update. It's not exclusive to the S6/edge though... Currently my stan... See more...
This cell-standby issue has been plaguing most if not all Android L/5 devices. I'm hoping we'll see a fix with a software update. It's not exclusive to the S6/edge though... Currently my standby is around 40-50% on a full charge.
There is a sim removal tool included with all new Galaxy S6's/edge's. You can use that tool to open pop open the sim cover. With the edge the opening for this is on the top whereas with the s6... See more...
There is a sim removal tool included with all new Galaxy S6's/edge's. You can use that tool to open pop open the sim cover. With the edge the opening for this is on the top whereas with the s6 it's on the side.
What screen protector are you using? I've had decent luck with the Skinomi screen protector for S6 Edge. Haven't noticed any peeling to date.
I don't believe there is a solution. A future software update is probably the only way to address this. Granted, it's not carrier specific though, so hopefully Samsung is well aware by now.
Definitely try doing a factory reset. When the phone is off, hold the following three buttons at the same time: power + volume up + home button until you get to a BIOS like menu. From there n... See more...
Definitely try doing a factory reset. When the phone is off, hold the following three buttons at the same time: power + volume up + home button until you get to a BIOS like menu. From there navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and scroll down to "yes" and press the power button. I've seen a substantial increase in battery life since doing that.
Hey all, I was super excited to get my brand new S6 Edge in the mail today, the design is absolutely stunning. Sadly, after viewing the first dark screen I noticed there were three teal stuck pi... See more...
Hey all, I was super excited to get my brand new S6 Edge in the mail today, the design is absolutely stunning. Sadly, after viewing the first dark screen I noticed there were three teal stuck pixels on the display. I'd strongly recommend everyone checks their panels are decent before the return/exchange period are up! Looking to exchange mine in a few days unfortunately.
Just got the tracking information for my 64GB Edge in Sapphire/Black. Estimated delivery is Friday. Better get that buffalo sauce ready.
Just had my credit card charged for the pre-order. Should mean that we'll be getting shipping notifications really soon. (I hope )
The shipping confirmation email says it will "Ship by 04/10/2015", which leads me to believe it will be shipped prior to 4/10/2015. Though nothing is certain...
It all comes down to design. In order for them to achieve a super slim profile they needed to cut back on features such as the SD card slot which takes up valuable (internal) space. And with a un... See more...
It all comes down to design. In order for them to achieve a super slim profile they needed to cut back on features such as the SD card slot which takes up valuable (internal) space. And with a unibody construction a removable battery just isn't feasible. Neither of which are a deal breaker to me, I plan on purchasing a portable battery pack and using cloud storage for the vast majority of my photos and music.
Whoah jumping to conclusions there. They still have time to get it to us by the 10th. The preorder confirmation says "Ship by 04/10/2015" so I'm hopeful they'll ship it out today or tomorrow for ... See more...
Whoah jumping to conclusions there. They still have time to get it to us by the 10th. The preorder confirmation says "Ship by 04/10/2015" so I'm hopeful they'll ship it out today or tomorrow for at least a Friday delivery.