Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 1,613 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

melzywi's Posts

I find that in these situation's it's best to go above the store and customer service. Go directly to a regional executive that handles the customer service.  I believe this is the person you mig... See more...
I find that in these situation's it's best to go above the store and customer service. Go directly to a regional executive that handles the customer service.  I believe this is the person you might want to email. [removed] I've have complained about something before and had action when I contacted a regional executive in charge of customer service.  There may be a way to call this person instead also on the site provided. Hope this helps! Mel Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​ Message edited by Verizon Moderator
Usually when I have a question I will turn to live chat. Mainly so that I can have a record of the chat for my files. Anyway normally I go to the contact us page and there is always a button. Som... See more...
Usually when I have a question I will turn to live chat. Mainly so that I can have a record of the chat for my files. Anyway normally I go to the contact us page and there is always a button. Sometimes there isn't and it tells me that reps are all busy.  Then usually takes about a minute or two for the link to appear again. Today I went to contact live chat and there is no button anywhere. Nothing. I have been on this site for over 2 hours with no chat button ever. I've refreshed, tried different browsers, restarted my computer nothing.  Is there a problem with live chat or did they do away with it? I have tried looking in previous discussions, but they are all old questions from a year or more ago. Thanks! Mel
I solved my issue.  I went into file manager. I told it to show hidden files. I found a strange twc.err file on my SD card. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. Someone on another forum was... See more...
I solved my issue.  I went into file manager. I told it to show hidden files. I found a strange twc.err file on my SD card. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. Someone on another forum was asking what the file was and that they were getting a low volume space error and they hardly had anything on their phone. Someone replied that they didn't find a whole lot about it but other people had the file and deleted it with no repercussions and it solved their issue. So I deleted that file, and now all of a sudden I am able to transfer files to my SD card! Really odd!  Not sure why that kind of file would prevent me from saving apps to my SD card as it's not a system file.  But thought I'd post in case anyone else had the same issue. Mel
Ok I had the same issue with my G3. I could not save to my SD card it kept giving me the "not enough storage space" and there is like 23gb left.  I was told by a rep when I ordered the V10 that t... See more...
Ok I had the same issue with my G3. I could not save to my SD card it kept giving me the "not enough storage space" and there is like 23gb left.  I was told by a rep when I ordered the V10 that they had the V10 and you could transfer apps to the SD card.  I get the V10 and try to transfer some items over and I again get to about two apps and it says not enough storage space. Is there anyone that has a V10 with Verizon and has no issues with saving to the SD card multiple apps (more than 10)?  I've checked my micro Micro SD card to verify the storage space and health. And it's a good card.  Just wondering.  Thanks Melissa
I currently have an LG G3 and had a problem transferring more than 3 apps to the SD card. When I tried after 3 I got the error "not enough storage space"  When my G3 internal storage space had 15... See more...
I currently have an LG G3 and had a problem transferring more than 3 apps to the SD card. When I tried after 3 I got the error "not enough storage space"  When my G3 internal storage space had 15gb left and my SD card had 30gb left.  I am looking to upgrade to the V10 but want to make sure this issue is not present on the V10 as well. After much research I found that Verizon had modified Marshmallow not to allow us to format the SD card as Internal Storage. That would have allowed us to store apps on the SD card. Someone had been on the phone for several hours with LG /Google etc trying to find the issue and it was found. Other Carriers did the same thing. Here is the form where I found this information: About LG G Stylo internal's storage | Page 2 | Android Forums Anyway can anyone help me by doing the following and reporting it back here?  Go into your Storage and USB and select SD Card (you must have an SD card installed for this)?  Then on the top right corner the three vertical dots to tap on those and select the Format option. This WILL NOT format your SD card but bring you to a menu that should give you options to format as Internal Storage or as portable storage. My G3 only has the option to format the SD card as portable storage. So I can not save more than 3 apps to the SD card. I'd like to know if the same issue plagues the V10 and Verizon has limited my ability to store apps to the SD card with this phone as well.  This will be a deal breaker for me whether I get the V10 or end up going with the Note 7. Thank you! Mel
I had this issue until I turned on Data for my phone. Apparently it doesn't work with wifi only. Once I disabeled wifi and turned on data it downloaded just fine. Melissa
It has not been a year since I purchased the phone.  I got it in December of 2014. So it's still within my warranty.  I have installed all the apps that were on my phone before. I know it's not t... See more...
It has not been a year since I purchased the phone.  I got it in December of 2014. So it's still within my warranty.  I have installed all the apps that were on my phone before. I know it's not the battery because it was fine before the forced update. I shouldn't have to do another factory reset. I followed all the directions including disabling automatic backup.  Battery is still being eaten. It's the update. I am very anal about taking good care of my phone.  I don't want a certified like new replacement. I can't be guaranteed that the prior owner took as good of care of their phone as I do mine. It's never been dropped once since I bought it. I'd like to keep my phone but have kitkat put back on it. The only way I'd except a replacement is if it was new in box, and had kitkat on it.
Yes they did include disabling back up and restore. Airplane mode seems to work for me. I put it in Airplane mode at 8:20am when I leave, and at 6:30p when I get home from work it's still at 1... See more...
Yes they did include disabling back up and restore. Airplane mode seems to work for me. I put it in Airplane mode at 8:20am when I leave, and at 6:30p when I get home from work it's still at 100%.  But once I start using it for anything calling etc. It drains fast. The reason why I use airplane mode is because for some reason if I turn off my phone. If people call and leave me a message I won't get it until 3-4 hours later or more. But I found if i put it in airplane mode, I get it normally when airplane mode is taken off.  It has something to do with my location. Oddly enough I downloaded Battery Doctor and looked to see what it said my highest battery consuming app was, it was the android OS.  But the phone battery stats say the screen, even in idle mode (screen off) is 40%. Mel
Yes I did. I followed steps to the letter that were posted the LG G3 Forum on how to properly update. My normal routine Monday - Friday is while I'm at work my phone is in airplane mode becaus... See more...
Yes I did. I followed steps to the letter that were posted the LG G3 Forum on how to properly update. My normal routine Monday - Friday is while I'm at work my phone is in airplane mode because my phone has to stay in my locker. So to prevent my phone from trying to get a signal I put it in air plane mode.  When I get out of work it's on 100% yet. But the minute I send a text, look at weather or check time, it starts draining. Fast.  Tonight when I got home my phone was at 99%.  I took a few pictures of my flowers and uploaded it to Facebook. In a matter of like 4 minutes it went down 4%.  Before Lollipop. I could use my phone, take pictures, upload to Facebook or twitter. I could be on it strait for like 30 45 minutes and it would go down like 1%.   Screen was never at 30%-50% Maybe 18% at best. And that was with display up to 30%. So something has not gone right with the upgrade. Not sure what it is, but I followed the instructions to the letter. So now sure what to do now. Mel
I have tried it in safe mode and it does the same thing.  Second thing eating my battery is Android Operating system at 25%. This is ridiculous that more than 1/2 my battery is being eaten by ... See more...
I have tried it in safe mode and it does the same thing.  Second thing eating my battery is Android Operating system at 25%. This is ridiculous that more than 1/2 my battery is being eaten by screen and operating system. Something is NOT right. Mel
Two days ago my G3 forced the lollipop update on my phone. I had denied the update for quite a while, and then it automatically downloaded to my phone. I kept delaying the install, and auto ins... See more...
Two days ago my G3 forced the lollipop update on my phone. I had denied the update for quite a while, and then it automatically downloaded to my phone. I kept delaying the install, and auto install was NOT checked.  Two days ago I wake up to it automatically updating my phone to lollipop. I was furious. But there was nothing I could do. I followed the directions and did the factory reset. The only problem I seemed to have before the factory reset was android operating system eating like 40% of my battery. As long as I had it in sleep mode battery was good. Once I used it for anything the battery was eaten pretty fast.  Now after the factory reset, my screen is eating 50% of my battery! Even when in sleep mode!  I have my screen percentage set at 19% any lower and I won't be able to see my screen.  Is there a fix for this? I am really upset that I was forced to install lollipop on my phone. I did not want it strictly for the reason of poor battery life. That's why I upgraded because my S3 was a battery eater after kitkat update. Now my G3 is the same way! Anyone else have this problem with the screen eating so much of your battery?  Time out is set to 15 seconds that is the lowest I can go. Melissa
I have received notifications to download the LG G3 System update. I've repeatedly told it I do NOT want to update. Today after a month or more it downloaded the update automatically WITHOUT aski... See more...
I have received notifications to download the LG G3 System update. I've repeatedly told it I do NOT want to update. Today after a month or more it downloaded the update automatically WITHOUT asking me if I wanted to. Now I have a constant notice that system updates are ready to install. I DO NOT want this update! If I ignore it will it just forcefully install update in the near future? How do I get it to NOT install the update? I DO NOT want it.  I have heard bad reviews about this update.  The reason why I upgraded to a new phone this past year was because the S3 update literally ate my battery alive. Thanks! Mel
I have had my network extender for a month or so. From day one it shows me as being located 450 miles south of where I am actually located.  It's getting a little irritating. I have cycled it do... See more...
I have had my network extender for a month or so. From day one it shows me as being located 450 miles south of where I am actually located.  It's getting a little irritating. I have cycled it down and restarted it. That has had no affect. I've tried using just GPS and not the network for location. Nothing works. I know my GPS is working because when I find my location using GPS it can find me right away. So is there a way to fix this or am I SOL? Thanks in advance! Mel
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a degradation in signal since 4G was rolled out? When 3G was the mainstream my signal was 3 bars.  Since 4G has rolled out my signal has gone from 3 bars... See more...
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a degradation in signal since 4G was rolled out? When 3G was the mainstream my signal was 3 bars.  Since 4G has rolled out my signal has gone from 3 bars to one if that.  I could walk anywhere  (except the basement) and get signal.  Now I have to be out side to keep a call or standing on a chair by a window to get signal.  I have called before to complain, but nothing was found. Then recently I could make no calls, and it cut out and dropped every call I made. And I would get notice of voicemail messages and calls well after the person had called. Phone never rang at all.  Called a tech about it and a trouble ticket has been made and waiting for the results. Some days it's worse some days it is better.  Reps have told me it's the foliage around the house, or my house that's the issue. Problem is that there are times when I get 3 bars. I have taken screen shots to prove that I can get 3 bars in my home. But it only lasts for no more than a minute, and random spots around the house. If it was the house signal would be constant not up and down.  If it was the foliage then right now I should see a HUGE improvement in signal as they are taking down trees in a 3 mile radius around my home.  But it's gotten worse.  My recent worse signal in db's was -119! I get better signal in the Pennsylvania mountains.  Something is wrong there. I live about 4 or 5 miles from town.  While it's considered a rural area, when I moved here in 08 I got 3 bars.  Now I'm lucky if I get one.  But when I go to the mountains in PA, I can get one bar and 3G internet speeds with rarely a dropped call. Here is my theory about the problem. Since 4G has rolled out they have increased their traffic on their towers there is more traffic period giving users a lower signal. Maybe if the traffic is too much on the closest one to you, it routes you to another tower which is further away.  Could be further away, and less signal.   I know that Verizon's customer base for cell phones has grown since the launch of 4G.  They need to either add more towers or upgrade the ones they have to better accommodate the increase in cell usage.  The tech I talked to said it definitely sounded like a signal issue, and agreed with me.  So hopefully maybe they can find the problem, all though I doubt it.  They'll probably try to sell me the range extender again. I feel that I pay for a service I should receive it. I shouldn't have to pay more money and equipment to be able to use it. Unfortunately Verizon is the best in this area. If I went to another provider I'd have even worse signal. Other family that have Verizon have noticed it as well and they live in different states as well. Just wondering if anyone else out there has noticed a decrease in their signal quality as well within the last couple of years? Mel
I'm looking to upgrade my phone and am looking at the LG Spectrum 2 (and droid razr maxx) but have some questions 1.) How is battery life?  My current one lasts me all day, but at work I can't h... See more...
I'm looking to upgrade my phone and am looking at the LG Spectrum 2 (and droid razr maxx) but have some questions 1.) How is battery life?  My current one lasts me all day, but at work I can't have my cell phone on me so it sits in my locker with ringer turned off and in airplane mode.  So I only get to use my phone at night.  I do post to facebook and take pictures with it. I use it more on the weekends. Don't really text a lot during the weekend but do at night during the week as my husband is out of town every week.  I don't do a lot of talking on the phone.  But want to know about battery life if I'd notice a difference in it since I know people say that the battery life is shorter with the 4G phones. Where I live, I'll probably only get 3G so would that help battery or is it just the make up of the phone? A friend had the LG Spectrum and hated the battery life. She was charging it 2x a day. So has the spectrum 2 seen an improvement on battery life? 2.) Storage space:  I know that it has 16GB of internal storage which with all pre-installed apps probably brings it down to 15. But my current phone has 1gb of internal storage. I'm running out of space and having to uninstall most of my apps to keep space open.  Want to make sure that this phone I will not have that problem with. 3.)What is the picture quality like? I don't expect anything like my regular cameras, but I was really happy with the Droid Incredible 2 photos. Took some really nice ones. I love the fact that it had dual LED flashes.  I know the LG spectrum 2  has only one led flash.  So just wondering if subjects inside are well lit up? What is the quality of photos in low light.  DIC2 did good in low light indoors so just wondering about the LG spectrum 2. 4.)What is the ease of use like and size? I know it's bigger than my current phone so just wondering 5.) is the battery removeable? I know some new ones the batteries are not. So I want to make sure it is! The other phone I'm looking into is the Droid Razr Maxx.  How would this phone compare to that one? Also are there any other con's of the phone that I should be made aware of? Does pretty much every app work on the phone or do a lot of apps have problems with the phone? Thanks! Mel
I'm looking to upgrade my phone and am looking at the Droid Razr Maxx 4G but have some questions 1.) How is battery life?  My current one lasts me all day, but at work I can't have my cell p... See more...
I'm looking to upgrade my phone and am looking at the Droid Razr Maxx 4G but have some questions 1.) How is battery life?  My current one lasts me all day, but at work I can't have my cell phone on me so it sits in my locker with ringer turned off and in airplane mode.  So I only get to use my phone at night.  I do post to facebook and take pictures with it. I use it more on the weekends. Don't really text a lot during the weekend but do at night during the week as my husband is out of town every week.  I don't do a lot of talking on the phone.  But want to know about battery life if I'd notice a difference in it since I know people say that the battery life is shorter with the 4G phones. Where I life, I'll probably only get 3G so would that help battery or is it just the make up of the phone? 2.) Storage space:  I know that it has 16GB of internal storage which with all pre-installed apps probably brings it down to 15. But my current phone has 1gb of internal storage. I'm running out of space and having to uninstall most of my apps to keep space open.  Want to make sure that this phone I will not have that problem with. 3.)What is the picture quality like? I don't expect anything like my regular cameras, but I was really happy with the Droid Incredible 2 photos. Took some really nice ones. I love the fact that it had dual LED flashes.  I know the droid razr  has only one led flash.  So just wondering if subjects inside are well lit up? What is the quality of photos in low light.  DIC2 did good in low light indoors so just wondering about the droid razar maxx. 4.)What is the ease of use like and size? I know it's bigger than my current phone so just wondering 5.) is the battery removeable? I know some new ones the batteries are not. So I want to make sure it is! The other phone I'm looking into is the LG Spectrum 2.  How would this phone compare to that one? Also are there any other con's of the phone that I should be made aware of? Thanks! Mel
I keep getting this error all of a sudden and I'm not even using VZ Navigator.  The error says "The application VZ Navigator (processcom.vznavigator.adr6350) Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try ... See more...
I keep getting this error all of a sudden and I'm not even using VZ Navigator.  The error says "The application VZ Navigator (processcom.vznavigator.adr6350) Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Will pop up every so often and I never use VZ navigator.  Not sure why it's happening and how to get it to stop. I can't uninstall VZ Navigator, and there is no update for it that I can see. Anyone have a solution for this? Mel
I called someone at the Warranty Center.  They gave me the Jest as well. They didn't say if it' was the new Jest 2 or the old one. The old one I didn't like the form factor.  I asked if there was... See more...
I called someone at the Warranty Center.  They gave me the Jest as well. They didn't say if it' was the new Jest 2 or the old one. The old one I didn't like the form factor.  I asked if there was another resolution. She said she could do a manager over-ride and I could renew my contract now and pick out a new phone.  I can't pick a 4G phone or an I phone, but otherwise, I could get a new phone now. I don't know how they could even consider the jest a compairable phone (they are going by price not quality..how convenient for them!).  Unfortunately anything compairable is a smart phone! I may call back and ask if there is a place where I could send my phone in to be repaired. I have a back-up phone. So I'd be willing to send it in to be fixed. Not sure if I'm taking the upgrade option. As most phones I"m looking at will cost me something.  Well more than I want to pay right now.  There are free ones, but I don't think I can choose a certified used one to do the swap with.
I'm looking at having to replace my Kin2m, what options did they give you from phone choices to get a replacement.  Could you pick any certified use one, or any that they have in the store? Or di... See more...
I'm looking at having to replace my Kin2m, what options did they give you from phone choices to get a replacement.  Could you pick any certified use one, or any that they have in the store? Or did it have to be a feature phone that was compairable (even though I know there really isn't one)? I've already determined my problem is the phone so before my warranty is up mid November 2011, I want to get it taken care of before it's up.  I'd like to get a phone I am happy with, not one I'm stuck with.  My contract is up end of june 2012.  I really would not want to wait that long with a phone I am stuck with.  
Not sure if this will answer or not, but when my phone was working properly, I would leave my WIFI on (since I was at home) all day.  It did not use up any more battery power than normal.  Heck I... See more...
Not sure if this will answer or not, but when my phone was working properly, I would leave my WIFI on (since I was at home) all day.  It did not use up any more battery power than normal.  Heck I used to leave it on 24/7 and it still would last 2 1/2 days.  But it should not use any more battery power if you are connected.  At least mine never did.