Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,227 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Jaxle67's Posts

Ive been in he same boat droped calls no reception. All the resets sim card  twice changed but in the end a replacement note3 solved the issue. My problem started before kitkat and seemed worse ... See more...
Ive been in he same boat droped calls no reception. All the resets sim card  twice changed but in the end a replacement note3 solved the issue. My problem started before kitkat and seemed worse afterward but wasn't easy to tell. didn't get better after that's for sure. I hope everyone here gets their issue resolved because a 700 phone that barely works really isn't something that makes people very happy.    jesse
I had that very same issue with my first note3. And then he second before I left the store so it was clearly seen. Out came another and everything was good. I have since learned there were some i... See more...
I had that very same issue with my first note3. And then he second before I left the store so it was clearly seen. Out came another and everything was good. I have since learned there were some issues with the charger and supposedly Samsung was issuing out these to people affected. I cant confirm this im going by what I read on some different forums but mine was handled in store that day. I wish you the best outcome because it truly is an amazing device when everything runs as it should.           Jesse
To  help you out maybe you call the tech line which I did. The fellow I talked to was very courteous which I cant say that about all. of course went through the same steps again with the same re... See more...
To  help you out maybe you call the tech line which I did. The fellow I talked to was very courteous which I cant say that about all. of course went through the same steps again with the same results. He promised me a phone call back within the hour and low and behold I got one from another very nice guy higher up the food chain. We talked about the issue and what had been tried and he said that he would overnight me another note 3 which I agreed to . the next day it arrived I inserted my sim which was new by the way and have not had a instance yet of lost calls or low reception. I know from first hand experience that something has went wrong in the note 3 because this same issue is all ovr the net and not limited to just Verizon although it seems verizons batch has seemed to be the worst. I love the note3 and everything about it as  long as it has reception. without hat id just as soon use a 9 dollar dollar general track phone. Keep your calm keep pursueing it and maybe you will receive resolution as I have. I hope you the best as 700 bucks is a lot of money for a phone regardless of who makes it or who you service with. it should work correctly plain and simple.         Jesse
Id like to say that I have experienced the same issues I see all over this board. It started off fair just a very low signal inside the house as soon as I walked thru the front door. I couldn't ... See more...
Id like to say that I have experienced the same issues I see all over this board. It started off fair just a very low signal inside the house as soon as I walked thru the front door. I couldn't maintain a call and even if I did I couldn't understand it all because it was so on and out. Trying to use the internet was useless. Any thing needing to use data was useless. I called and talked to a very helpful guy named Jason who had me do the normal procedures that didn't work. Then we tried a brand spanking new sim which I thiought might have helped a little but not enough to be useful. He said he would have a tech higher up call me and the next day I received a call from another helpful guy and after a few more things we tried he said that he would send me a replacement over night. I received it earlier than expected the next day inserted my sim and everything is working fantastic. Better signal than ever in the house. Calls are crystal clear and never drops. And as of yet have never lost a data connection. I hear a it about bad techs and service but I wanted to at least say that the two guys that helped me where courteous and did exactly what they said they would do and it got me where a phone off this price and caliper should have been from day one.  Hopefully you'll get the same kind of service I received . Gould luck to everyone that's having j issues with their note 3. Which is a fantastic device when it works correctly.     Jesse
Yes it improves outside. That's great but I use it inside 90 percent of the time speedtest shows .027 MPs down and. 013 up which is all but useless inside. My other 3 4g phones maintains a4g sign... See more...
Yes it improves outside. That's great but I use it inside 90 percent of the time speedtest shows .027 MPs down and. 013 up which is all but useless inside. My other 3 4g phones maintains a4g signal in the house and you would think that a to tier phone would run circles around those.. My sons 15 dollar rack phone runs circles around my 700 device. If this doesn't get resolved then I'm going to get something else I can use or break out my other phones out of mothballs. For 700 dollars you would think it would be lightning quick everywhere but that is not the case. Please do something Verizon Samsung anybody. Right now 700 dollars is a lot of money especially for a phone that doesn't receive well.                                                                   J Kicklighter
I have the same issue that I started my own thread about with more detail of the problem. I paid full price for my not and most the time I use my 2 year olds RAZR max because it has great resolu... See more...
I have the same issue that I started my own thread about with more detail of the problem. I paid full price for my not and most the time I use my 2 year olds RAZR max because it has great resolution and didn't cost 700 dollars. Please help.    Jesse
I have 4 different 4g phones. A moto RAZR maxx that was ordered before they hit the store. A spectrum that I bought used. A samsung s4 and a note 3 that I bought brand new at full price in order... See more...
I have 4 different 4g phones. A moto RAZR maxx that was ordered before they hit the store. A spectrum that I bought used. A samsung s4 and a note 3 that I bought brand new at full price in order to retain my data plan. The note has a beautiful screen great camera good battery and a ton of other features. The problem is that is all but useless when I can never get a4g signal in my house which is completely covered in a4g zone. Half of the time it has a weak 3g connection and the other half is 1x our no connection at all. My other 3 phones has a4g connection all the time except for the s4 which goes back and forth between 4g and 3g and sometimes a 1x.I saved for the note because I wanted a to tier phone to use with my unlimited data plan. I have tried switching between global and LTE CDMA mode dozens of time no change. Hard reset  at least that many times no change. Tried a new Sim card no change. My note came with jelly bean and when kit Kat came along I thought maybe it would get better but no change. I did a speed test before this post and got. 036 mps down and .013mps up. I swapped Sim into my moto RAZR made and rerun the test. Results were 21mps down and 11mps up. Oh yes I also tried in safe mode before that's asked. I work hard for my money and spending 700 dollars on a phone is is not something I really like to do but spending that on a phone that won't keep even a descent signal is just a waste of money. At this point I want a resolution which certainly isn't a replacement but a refund so I can buy a phone that works correctly. Verizon or Samsung please step up and help me get what I paid for. Or just a refund and I will continue using my RAZR max which never once had less than 4g in the house. Thanks to anyone that might be able to help with this although I won't be holding my breath.  Jesse
Use where I need it the most. Thanks Jesse
I have toggle between global mode and LTE CDMA mode and no change. I've done several hard resets. Tried in safe mode. You make it I've tried it and nothing send to change. Even out a new sim car... See more...
I have toggle between global mode and LTE CDMA mode and no change. I've done several hard resets. Tried in safe mode. You make it I've tried it and nothing send to change. Even out a new sim card to no avail. Like I said my old moto RAZR max has a good strong 4glte signal in the house. My Samsung s4 has a 4g LTE signal sometimes but mostly just a3g connection. Is just the note 3 that has it bad. On the best day it can keep a3g connection but most of the time it will drop the 3g and go to 1x which is all but useless for G. I've spent a lot of money to get this phone and it is a very nice device but I can't do much at all with it in the hours which is where I us it 90 percent of the time. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I keep hoping something who change but still the same. It did this with jelly bean and updating to kit Kat hasn't changed anything. .I've ref of people using a network extender for things like this but I don't feel I should have to buy that after I spent 700 outright on a device that I can't us where j
I purchased a note 3 about 3 months ago and I love the phone except for the fact that it hardly has any reception in my house which is snack dash in a great coverage area. I purchased the phone ... See more...
I purchased a note 3 about 3 months ago and I love the phone except for the fact that it hardly has any reception in my house which is snack dash in a great coverage area. I purchased the phone at full price to retain my unlimited data which is not a problem but the problem is a phone that cost this much should get a better signal than I get. I have a Moto maxx and a S4 which both have better reception than the note 3. The 2 year old max hold a4g signal anywhere in the house and the S4 sporadically has a4g signal but most of the time maintains a good 3g connection. The note 3 never has a4g signal inside  and barely maintains a3g signal. It constantly switched back and forth between a 3g and a 1x and sometimes not a signal at all . i have swapped to 3 different note 3s with no resolve. Anything thing I can do besides moving on to something else. I've heard of network extenders but I don't thing I should have to buy that as well since a phone that cost as much as this one did should have no reception problems. I have read on several different sites about this same type of issue . I have had the problem since the very first day with no apps added and when the kit Kat update came along I thought maybe it would improve but it hasn't. I love the phone looks and features but doesn't do much good if I can't use it at home. Looks bad when my sons 15 basic track phone's phone runs circle around this one. Anybody.  Jesse
Had the very same issue although I bought mine new at another source and  they exchanged 3 times with brand new complete phones until I got one that worked . you can still use a old style charger... See more...
Had the very same issue although I bought mine new at another source and  they exchanged 3 times with brand new complete phones until I got one that worked . you can still use a old style charger just takes a bit longer but for that kinda money even I chose not to use it I still want it to work. so far I love it .I came from a 2 year old razr maxx that still works as good as new but either it started shrinking or maybe idont see as well as I used too . Whatever the case is I can certainly see the note 3.                                                                                                                               Jesse
Thanks again. Ive been wanting a note 3 since a buddy of mine let me play with his phone for a little while. It has a ton of features some im sure i will never use but they are there if need be.... See more...
Thanks again. Ive been wanting a note 3 since a buddy of mine let me play with his phone for a little while. It has a ton of features some im sure i will never use but they are there if need be. I wanted to go Samsung because most of my electronic stuff is Samsung and usually the same brand of equipment plays very well together. Theres only 2 things I see so far that takes away fro this device.  First being that the note doesn't quite get the signal that the razrmaxx has but as of yet theres been no issues with this and secondly the fact that I absolutely need a cover of some kind maybe an outerbox or at the very least just a gel cover as the note is hard to hold on too but so far I  love it except for the price of course but who does like spending that amount of money on a phone.                                                                                                                                   Jesse.
Thanks ann but do you know what the white icon meant versus turning blue means say like on my razr maxx. When I first booted the razr the icon was white and soon afterwards would turn blue. What ... See more...
Thanks ann but do you know what the white icon meant versus turning blue means say like on my razr maxx. When I first booted the razr the icon was white and soon afterwards would turn blue. What did that mean happened?
Yes thanks. I purchased it last night. I swapped sims downloaded all my apps back from google and everything works fine .Although the note doesn't quite have the reception of my original razr max... See more...
Yes thanks. I purchased it last night. I swapped sims downloaded all my apps back from google and everything works fine .Although the note doesn't quite have the reception of my original razr maxx its a  very nice phone and has replaced the need for a phone and separate  7 inch tablet. So we will see if it lives up to my expectations. I certainly hope so because ive purchased a few work vehicles that cost less than the phone.   Jesse
I recently purchased a note3 and so far everything seems great. My only question is if the 4g symbol is supplied to turn blue like my previous phones? It stays white but everything seems to work.... See more...
I recently purchased a note3 and so far everything seems great. My only question is if the 4g symbol is supplied to turn blue like my previous phones? It stays white but everything seems to work. My other android phones always turned blue not long after posting them on. What exactly does it turning blue from white mean? Maybe the note3 doesn't turn blue being it's running 4.3 but i just like to know.   Thanks    Jesse
Thanks ann the sim slots are the same . I was just wondering if there was anything else to do other than swapping Sims. I'm going to buy one straight out keep my razr for a backup or maybe give i... See more...
Thanks ann the sim slots are the same . I was just wondering if there was anything else to do other than swapping Sims. I'm going to buy one straight out keep my razr for a backup or maybe give it to my son depending on his grades . I don't really carry a phone around much so the large size  eliminates the need for  a phone and a small tablet which i use alot especially my 7 inch tab 3. Thanks.    Jesse
I currently have a razr maxx xt912 with unlimited data. If i bought a note 3 outright from any source is it just a matter of putting the sim out of my razr into the note 3 to have it up and runni... See more...
I currently have a razr maxx xt912 with unlimited data. If i bought a note 3 outright from any source is it just a matter of putting the sim out of my razr into the note 3 to have it up and running or is there something else that needs to be done. I am aware that it needs to be a Verizon note  3 in order to work and also that i have to reinstall my apps from Google thanks    Jesse.
Maybe im the lucky onebut ive not encounterd a single issue with all updates since I purchased my maxx almost 2 years ago. if whatever my next phone turns out to be if its half as good as this on... See more...
Maybe im the lucky onebut ive not encounterd a single issue with all updates since I purchased my maxx almost 2 years ago. if whatever my next phone turns out to be if its half as good as this ones been ill be happy. Looking like it might be the ultra or the maxx but who knows
Does anyone know hoe to get a spectrum pass the setup screen to use as a wifi only device    thanks
Maybe im just lucky but my maxx worked perfectly on ics and I was reluctant to up grade to jb I just keep hitting later, but sometime over night it upgraded anyway and to my supprise everything w... See more...
Maybe im just lucky but my maxx worked perfectly on ics and I was reluctant to up grade to jb I just keep hitting later, but sometime over night it upgraded anyway and to my supprise everything worked just as before. The only thing I did notice is the battery drains alittle quicker but not by much.   Im haooy and supprised.   Like I said maybe luck and maybe problems will pop up as time goes along.   I wish you all some kind of resolution to your issues.     Jesse