Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,570 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

tufrthanu's Posts

Your guesses aren't of interest of me nor is your opinion of my issue.  If you have nothing substantive to add you needn't bother posting. Thank you.
Anyone?
UPDATE:   I can now confirm that it also happens when using speakerphone.  So any further ideas are appreciated. Thanks.
Except that if the proximity sensor is working that means that the touch screen is disabled and so theres no way it could be from an errant push of a button.  I'm sorry but this isn't my first ti... See more...
Except that if the proximity sensor is working that means that the touch screen is disabled and so theres no way it could be from an errant push of a button.  I'm sorry but this isn't my first time using a cell phone.
Oh wow cool app wildman.  Yes its showing 3.0000 cm on the proximity sensor test.
The tone does not match any tone that any of the buttons or keypad makes that could possibly be open during my phone calls.
After having this happen repeatedly I am thinking about going into a verizon store to see what they have to say.  I have not been able to replicate the sound by intentionally pushing any of the b... See more...
After having this happen repeatedly I am thinking about going into a verizon store to see what they have to say.  I have not been able to replicate the sound by intentionally pushing any of the buttons on the phone even its not right near my face.  Additionally when the buttons do sound they make a different sound than the one I am hearing over the phone.  Any further ideas?
No as I specified in my original post the minute alert is shut off.  Also the touchscreen is black and inert while on the phone so I don't think its my cheek.  I also make sure not to touch any o... See more...
No as I specified in my original post the minute alert is shut off.  Also the touchscreen is black and inert while on the phone so I don't think its my cheek.  I also make sure not to touch any of the physical buttons on the phone.  I may take it into a verizon store and see what they can do since I have been having other issues especially since the recent software update.  Thanks for all of your replies though.
I don't think that is the cause. From what I understand the DROID has a sensor that is suppose to keep that from happening. I have not been able to replicate the occurrence while on speaker howeve... See more...
I don't think that is the cause. From what I understand the DROID has a sensor that is suppose to keep that from happening. I have not been able to replicate the occurrence while on speaker however.
Over the last month or two I have noticed that while making or recievong calls at random points during the call I will hear a long loud tone very reminiscent of what the keypad sounds like, or whe... See more...
Over the last month or two I have noticed that while making or recievong calls at random points during the call I will hear a long loud tone very reminiscent of what the keypad sounds like, or when someone accidently hits a key on a regular phone during a conversation. I do not have the minute timer selected so I don't think it is from that. I am at a loss as to what it could be. Does anyone have any ideas or how I can fix it its highly annoying. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!