Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,167 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

PJNC284's Posts

JamsTots wrote: I am not sure how relevant this is to anyone, but my boyfriend just talked to Verizon. They said that because he was a previous Alltel customer (bought out by Verizon), he... See more...
JamsTots wrote: I am not sure how relevant this is to anyone, but my boyfriend just talked to Verizon. They said that because he was a previous Alltel customer (bought out by Verizon), he could keep his unlimited data, while getting the discounted price. I am ******! I was part of Midwest Wireless (also bought out by Verizon) and it appears that I lose my unlimited data. ****ers! Still on an Alltel plan so that'd be awesome!  Won't hold my breath though.  
Depends if they're getting a corporate discount on the data plan also as it won't apply to the $30 tiered 2GB plan.  Also 2GB is an extremely small amount with today's smartphones unless you have... See more...
Depends if they're getting a corporate discount on the data plan also as it won't apply to the $30 tiered 2GB plan.  Also 2GB is an extremely small amount with today's smartphones unless you have constant wifi access.  And what's the point of blazing fast LTE when you can't really utilize it for what they advertise unless you own a bank?
Did they get rid of the iconic portal bug used for pre-orders?  Quite a few Galaxy SIII's slipped through and retained unlimited even after the June 28th cutoff.
Doubtful unless the macbook decided to download every update released for it.  Something definitely sounds fishy.
Based on previous pre-orders, the answer would be no. You aren't actually charged until the device ships.  Also one word of advice if ordering with a credit card, you may want to contact your cre... See more...
Based on previous pre-orders, the answer would be no. You aren't actually charged until the device ships.  Also one word of advice if ordering with a credit card, you may want to contact your credit card company to make sure they allow the transaction as some have had the charges blocked for possibly being fraudulent.
lol.  Too funny if true.  Maybe they should spend some of that lawsuit money on innovating instead of playing catch-up
Looks like it may be coming to Verizon afterall. http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/09/leaked-screenshots-show-galaxy-note-2-on-atandt-and-verizon/
AZSALUKI wrote: i did notice that htc went so far as to do away with the widget tab in the app drawer. just seems pointless that they can't at least somewhat mimic how 4.0 is supposed to lo... See more...
AZSALUKI wrote: i did notice that htc went so far as to do away with the widget tab in the app drawer. just seems pointless that they can't at least somewhat mimic how 4.0 is supposed to look. yeah, they try so hard to differentiate themselves from their competition that they end up with an over-bloated mess. Thought Sense was supposed to start being lighter?  Better find a new direction soon or they'll end up being the next RIM.  After using Touchwiz on the GSIII, I'm liking it way better than Sense but wish Samsung wouldn't have fudged with the native ICS drag/drop folder creation.
Played around with it briefly last night.  Aside from looking at the about screen, you'd never even know it was ICS.  It's amazing at the lengths HTC goes to completely shield the user from even ... See more...
Played around with it briefly last night.  Aside from looking at the about screen, you'd never even know it was ICS.  It's amazing at the lengths HTC goes to completely shield the user from even the tiniest bit of stock android.
Saw this last night.  Maybe I'll have to blow all the dust off the old Thunderbolt and let it have an ice cream sammich.
If the phone is tied to an account, you won't be able to activate it.  The seller will need to place another device or dummy esn on the line in order for you to activate it.
The customer agreement clearly says that Verizon can change any and all terms in the contract BUT if that change has a material adverse effect, you can cancel your service ETF free.  Assuming Ver... See more...
The customer agreement clearly says that Verizon can change any and all terms in the contract BUT if that change has a material adverse effect, you can cancel your service ETF free.  Assuming Verizon's claim of most customer using only 1-2GB, changing a $29.99 unlimited plan to a $30 2GB would not be materially adverse for the majority of the customer base.   If you were getting an employee discount on the unlimited data plan, then the change to tiered data could cost your more since it doesn't apply to the 2GB plan but that wouldn't be adverse either as employee discounts can't be used for that clause.
looks like a widespread issue.  Should be able to fix it until an update is released by going into Maps under Applications and uninstall updates. http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/17/latest-g... See more...
looks like a widespread issue.  Should be able to fix it until an update is released by going into Maps under Applications and uninstall updates. http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08/17/latest-google-maps-update-causes-the-htc-rezound-to-reboot-leaves-users-finding-their-own-way-home/
If none of that works, there's a RUU floating around that can be manually flashed in hboot.  It will wipe everything but will get you on the current ICS.
Depends if it's actually the Verizon branded version.  CDMA devices don't get "unlocked" as the carriers here require the device to already be in the system so a Sprint Blackberry won't work on V... See more...
Depends if it's actually the Verizon branded version.  CDMA devices don't get "unlocked" as the carriers here require the device to already be in the system so a Sprint Blackberry won't work on Verizon and vice versa.
Probably due to the facebook app syncing low resolution photos for contact photos. There are some apps in the Play Store that will apparently sync high res photos but not the normal facebook app.
If you have them backed up with google on the Thunderbolt and are using the same gmail account on the Nexus, those should be synced.
It was only $249 when I pre-ordered.  I have the 32 + 64GB microsd card so I shouldn't run out of room anytime soon.
Ann154 wrote: Maybe one day you can switch devices on her... (Hehehe!)  maybe with her permission? I told him to just tell her he'd give her the Thunderbolt and then he could use th... See more...
Ann154 wrote: Maybe one day you can switch devices on her... (Hehehe!)  maybe with her permission? I told him to just tell her he'd give her the Thunderbolt and then he could use the upgrade but he didn't listen.  Now that she has the GSIII, he'll need to pry it from her cold dead hands.
demmo86rt wrote: No, afaik, the OTA will not install over a leak.  You need to RUU. Most likely this as the upgrade path is usually only from the previous OTA to the new one so an... See more...
demmo86rt wrote: No, afaik, the OTA will not install over a leak.  You need to RUU. Most likely this as the upgrade path is usually only from the previous OTA to the new one so any of the leaks won't see it. Make sure your locked or s-off (unlocked with HTC-dev won't work) and get the RUU from android police.  It does wipe data though.