Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,404 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

JMB's Posts

What is the largest size a received attachment can be? Google searches show people answering from 5 MB to 20 MB. When I sent something that was about 18.7 MB (19,200,200) it bounced with the error me... See more...
What is the largest size a received attachment can be? Google searches show people answering from 5 MB to 20 MB. When I sent something that was about 18.7 MB (19,200,200) it bounced with the error message: (reading confirmation): 552 5.3.4 a message size of 20483 kilobytes exceeds the size limit of 20480 kilobytes computed for this transaction
Without forwarding the email itself, we need to get an attachment, usually a PDF, from email #1 and send it as the same kind of attachment in a new email. Some methods seem to send the PDF as a j... See more...
Without forwarding the email itself, we need to get an attachment, usually a PDF, from email #1 and send it as the same kind of attachment in a new email. Some methods seem to send the PDF as a jpg which is almost unreadable. What I've figured out takes many steps (I'll write it below) and I wonder if there is a faster way to do this? (Note that forwarding the original email will not let me delete the original sender or his text. We don't want this to show on new email)   What I CAN do that works: 1) save an attachment: Cursor on it, click, download, yes, up, select here, wait to complete. (It will end up in files, media card, blackberry, documents folder) then 2) create a new email start an email, press bb menu, attach file, media card, blackberry, documents, cursor on file, “select” or press button
Thanks - that is exactly what I wanted. I have more data than I ever use so that part is OK. And I checked my text minutes and they didn't go up so I guess my question is solved.
I know that we can text from BB to BB for free. But I have questions about other combinations. I tried googling and am confused by the things I see.   We like to backup and print certain texts ... See more...
I know that we can text from BB to BB for free. But I have questions about other combinations. I tried googling and am confused by the things I see.   We like to backup and print certain texts by sending the ones my husband receives to my email.   Suppose person 1 has a texting plan. We can consider him to have "no charges" for my question. Under which of the following is the receiving phone, person 2, charged for a text? 1) person 1 texts to email 2 (and the text comes from vtext.com) 2) person 1 forwards a text to email 2 3) person 1 "forwards as email" to email 2   I am looking for a way, without using BB to BB for certain circumstances, for person 1 to forward or send a text to me without it costing me a text fee. Thanks in advance....  
ChristinaB_VZW: Will this occur even if she doesn't install the BB desktop software? If so I'll pass on the info and she'll try it out. Thanks :-)))  
I can't answer about the speed test part but I do have a comment about email delivery times. Both my husband and I have the Curve 8530 bought the same time over a year ago. Sometimes we sent emai... See more...
I can't answer about the speed test part but I do have a comment about email delivery times. Both my husband and I have the Curve 8530 bought the same time over a year ago. Sometimes we sent email to each other for transferring of data purposes. Sometimes email arrives on the BB immediately and before my laptop. But most of the time there is a lag on the BB of up to 15 minutes. Especially if it is BB to BB. I wonder if anyone else notices this.
An acquaintance replaced her Curve 8530 with a Droid and wants to get her photos off the Curve. She has never installed BB Desktop nor backed up her photos before. She claims she has no media car... See more...
An acquaintance replaced her Curve 8530 with a Droid and wants to get her photos off the Curve. She has never installed BB Desktop nor backed up her photos before. She claims she has no media card in it but I wonder if you can save photos without one and I'm not there to check out her phone myself right now.   So my 2 questions  are 1) If you do not add a micro-SD card, can you still take and store photos? (I wonder if she has a card and doesn't know it). And 2) If it is possible without a media card, how can she download her photos to her computer? (If it's a media card, I know what to do)   TIA  
There was a strange symbol between 2 "paragraphs" in it. Since I don't text I'm assuming there is a way to create a 2nd paragraph perhaps by shift-enter? If this happens again I'll try to save th... See more...
There was a strange symbol between 2 "paragraphs" in it. Since I don't text I'm assuming there is a way to create a 2nd paragraph perhaps by shift-enter? If this happens again I'll try to save the whole text and try again. Thanks.
Wouldn't that count as a text message and cost 20 cents? That is what I'm trying to avoid as I forward as email and can keep a copy that way too. (Forward as email does work for a short text with... See more...
Wouldn't that count as a text message and cost 20 cents? That is what I'm trying to avoid as I forward as email and can keep a copy that way too. (Forward as email does work for a short text without a shift-enter. I tried that today.)
We rarely use text messages but sometimes do receive one. We would like to be able to archive it by forwarding it to our email account. When in the message, we pressed the BB menu key and "forwar... See more...
We rarely use text messages but sometimes do receive one. We would like to be able to archive it by forwarding it to our email account. When in the message, we pressed the BB menu key and "forward as" and chose email. The first time, we got the first line up to a comma. The 2nd time we got a different sentence. The text did have what looks like 2 paragraphs separated by a triangle symbol.   Someone please give us simple directions on how to use that "forward as" email for a text. We are totally inexperienced in texting Thanks.
If we already have the $15 data plan on the Curve (8530), will Verizon cancel that for the $30 plan or let us keep it?
Every few weeks I notice the lack of email on my Curve 8530. When I go into connections and check service status I will find that Blackberry Internet Service is not connected. I have to do what R... See more...
Every few weeks I notice the lack of email on my Curve 8530. When I go into connections and check service status I will find that Blackberry Internet Service is not connected. I have to do what RalphT_Verizonsupport suggested and turn all connections off, wait a minute, then turn it back on. A few minutes later, a get dozens of emails.   What could be turning off my internet service? I am pretty sure my version is up to date.
I'm not talking about forwarding because then he would never receive email from me or his secretary on the cell. It's a direct replacement for the "reply to" address.   I receive and handle all... See more...
I'm not talking about forwarding because then he would never receive email from me or his secretary on the cell. It's a direct replacement for the "reply to" address.   I receive and handle all business email sent to abc@def.com and it is my job to pass it on after printing and archiving it. My husband's cell uses xyz@rrr.com for email. He does not receive abc@def.com since a) there is a lot of spam etc that he doesn't have time to handle and b) he has been known to delete email on the cell in such a way as to (accidentally) delete it from the server and prevent me from archiving it   To see what I am referring to, in Windows Mail click tools>accounts>(click on an account)>properties, the first tab (general) has a "reply address" box to fill in. What then happens is that he uses his cell (xyz@rrr.com) to email someone. When that person hits Reply, it goes to this reply address (abc@def.com) we had set up instead of the cell he first used. That way I, as his intermediary, filter out emails and forward him what he needs to see. And he can't delete email accidentally. Since I check both his email accounts, it's probably not that important. But he wants to make it easier to archive by having all replies sent to the one reply-account.
Using Windows Mail or webmail on the computer, I can set up my identity so that all replies go to a different email address from the one I am using at that moment. I have 2 email addresses but pr... See more...
Using Windows Mail or webmail on the computer, I can set up my identity so that all replies go to a different email address from the one I am using at that moment. I have 2 email addresses but prefer all email be sent to my other account than the Verizon one.   I can't find this feature on the Curve 8530. Is it available somehow?
I downloaded google's mobile app for Blackberry and instead of clicking on the browser icon, I click on the google icon. Go to m.google.com or read about it on http://www.google.com/mobile/blackb... See more...
I downloaded google's mobile app for Blackberry and instead of clicking on the browser icon, I click on the google icon. Go to m.google.com or read about it on http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/
We don't normally text but did several last month. When the bill arrived, there was a pleasant surprise - a notation that the texts were free because of a promotion giving 99 free texts. Does any... See more...
We don't normally text but did several last month. When the bill arrived, there was a pleasant surprise - a notation that the texts were free because of a promotion giving 99 free texts. Does anyone know the details of how long the promo will last?
When I had my old flip-phone BUA was so reliable. It really is awful with the curve 8530. Yes, I do use other backups like the BB desktop and lookout, but like the BUA (when it works) being a vis... See more...
When I had my old flip-phone BUA was so reliable. It really is awful with the curve 8530. Yes, I do use other backups like the BB desktop and lookout, but like the BUA (when it works) being a visible record that can be printed and also transferred to my next phone.   I used to be able to edit online and have it sync with my phone. That sync button just goes and goes and then times out. Now, even though I have a schedule set up using the BB menu, it rarely even does the backup itself. I must do it from the phone manually - but at least that works.   So, Verizon, you have been admitting "problems" with BUA and the BB since I got it in May. What is happening and do you expect it to work eventually? It was such a superior app on the not-smart phone and I miss its dependability.
Thank you whoever originally posted info on the $15 plan. I called 611 on the cell and it didn't take long to get an agent to discuss the plan. She agreed we used under 30 MB  in our largest bill... See more...
Thank you whoever originally posted info on the $15 plan. I called 611 on the cell and it didn't take long to get an agent to discuss the plan. She agreed we used under 30 MB  in our largest bill and she immediately changed both the phones to $15 (and she did confirm it was both phones, which I appreciated). It's already on the web site on my account.
Every time I allow an upgrade to install, I lose the connection to something or other. Last time was email and backup assistant. The time before was just backup assistant. Setting up email again ... See more...
Every time I allow an upgrade to install, I lose the connection to something or other. Last time was email and backup assistant. The time before was just backup assistant. Setting up email again helped me.
I click on the speaker icon on the upper left below the battery charge thing. Cursor down to "set ring tones/alerts." Click on "phone" and adjust volume and other choices there. Press BB menu key... See more...
I click on the speaker icon on the upper left below the battery charge thing. Cursor down to "set ring tones/alerts." Click on "phone" and adjust volume and other choices there. Press BB menu key and save. You can also adjust sounds and volumes  under the other sub-menus. Since getting my BB I've never seen the side button help the ring volume. It does let you zoom in and out on the camera when it is active.