Verizon hasn't lost customers in a quarter in over 5 years..bye
You haven't brought your first phone yet and are looking for another...seems strange Have you thought about doing a wipe?  Depending on work related emails maybe change the setting to every ho... Ver más...
You haven't brought your first phone yet and are looking for another...seems strange Have you thought about doing a wipe?  Depending on work related emails maybe change the setting to every hour.. You'll find verizon is no different than any other company when It comes to existing customers, very little promotions
In the meantime you can cut the sim to fit, just don't cut the copper contact just the plastic part
Suprise..most software updates are very minor and add a few shiny buttons...
A lot of people in prison will tell you they are innocent too...impossible issue to prove, good luck with samsung
Well call asurion.. I would recommend verizon, since your issue is based on a non service non verizon issue..
oh.. you're one of those people that can't see how data on a computer is different than a phone.. carry on, i'm out of here
If you can avoid it, i would.. i've traveled out of the country a few times and it never goes as expected with billing..
do you have unlmited data? i thought you could add hotspot, if you have share everything i thought it could be enabled.. have you called anyone?
You can buy a camry for 22k but the avalon costs 31k
factory reset? maybe some apps you have don't work proper on the new software load
nope, been a customer for 7 years.. phones work in places i travel, often to my surprise..
Little late on the reply...but funny
Yah..looking at the Q3 stats that just posted, 101million customers and a 36% margins...hopefully they can pull it around  Also they don't provide service in any building, your contract covers ou... Ver más...
Yah..looking at the Q3 stats that just posted, 101million customers and a 36% margins...hopefully they can pull it around  Also they don't provide service in any building, your contract covers outdoor only anyway
Nope..after 14 day wfg that's your device
Looks like you answered your own question, nice!
Hmm and you're using 10 digit dialing? Might be a carrier hand off issue, you will have to call tech and get them to file a ticket
Can't do voice and data at the same time, SMS will work though
What company does?
Remove him as a contact, and try to text just the number