Welcome to "It is a endless stream of going nowhere" Support is not really spot on here....
It is very sporatic today, so whatever Verizons sycning problem is, they have not fixed it.  It got very sporatic this afternoon, but was working just fine this AM...
I agree, sometimes it syncs, other times it doesn't.  The crossplatform area still needs work, ie, phone and computer.  I will say that all messages sent are received by the recipients no matter whet... Ver más...
I agree, sometimes it syncs, other times it doesn't.  The crossplatform area still needs work, ie, phone and computer.  I will say that all messages sent are received by the recipients no matter whether sent on PC or phone... It is about 75% there.  Hupefully it will resolve itself shortly....
Okay, this is what I discovered so far.  Messages sent from the PC app are being delivered to the recipients, but not to my phone.  However, the return replies show up on the phone and the PC.  It wa... Ver más...
Okay, this is what I discovered so far.  Messages sent from the PC app are being delivered to the recipients, but not to my phone.  However, the return replies show up on the phone and the PC.  It was working fine for a couple of days, now messing up up again... Verizon has got to get their shiza together, this has become a nightmare...
Well, that didn't last long.  Now a new problem.  Messages sync fine on the PC apps (both of them, 1.17 and 2.2), but are not sycning on my phone as of yesterday, just the opposite of the previous an... Ver más...
Well, that didn't last long.  Now a new problem.  Messages sync fine on the PC apps (both of them, 1.17 and 2.2), but are not sycning on my phone as of yesterday, just the opposite of the previous annoying problem. Whatever is going on it is getting beyond tenable.    
It is functioning again.  Uninstall and reinstall either the 1.17 (if you saved it) or the new 2.2 from the M$ store.  I reloaded both a few days back and they are syncing and owrking across all plat... Ver más...
It is functioning again.  Uninstall and reinstall either the 1.17 (if you saved it) or the new 2.2 from the M$ store.  I reloaded both a few days back and they are syncing and owrking across all platforms.   Some of the older convo's did not sync, but everryhting recently is working like before.... Verizon support is not what one would call vewry helpful, trust me on that one...
Jesus H.  You have to be a bot.  The app works again, both the old 1.7 and the new 2.2 from the M$ store.  I really can't believe a real person , or persons, can be this ignorant.  READ THE RECENT PO... Ver más...
Jesus H.  You have to be a bot.  The app works again, both the old 1.7 and the new 2.2 from the M$ store.  I really can't believe a real person , or persons, can be this ignorant.  READ THE RECENT POSTS, it appears that I am not the only one reporting it works again. Support my butt, NOTHING that has been presented here at the forums by any of the support staff worked. Now it works, obviously.  Whether it was a server intrusion or a M$ update I guess we will never know.  Support is pathetic and clueless. Have a nice day...
2.2 version from the store is now working again in windows 10!  Woot!
After further inspection, it is hit and miss on the syncing, some of my older conversations did not update, the most current ones did though. Still fubared somewhat. I just received a message that ... Ver más...
After further inspection, it is hit and miss on the syncing, some of my older conversations did not update, the most current ones did though. Still fubared somewhat. I just received a message that popped up on PC 1.17 app, first one since the problem started way back whenever... Progress is slow...
Old version 1.17 works, new 2.2  version from M$ store does not work.  Progress...
The older desktop version, 1.17 works, the new 2.2 from the M$ store does not work.  It is progress anyway...
Fingers crossed, I reinstalled after reading the most recent postages and...........bingo, it is working again on my PC's, sync'd and todays messages are showing on the computer, woot! I am going to... Ver más...
Fingers crossed, I reinstalled after reading the most recent postages and...........bingo, it is working again on my PC's, sync'd and todays messages are showing on the computer, woot! I am going to use caution here, hopefully this means they found the problem and corrected it.  Again, leaving us totally in the dark.... Whatever.
So, after reading the last two posts I decided to reinstall message + ( the old version).  Woot, it is working again.. It sync'd immediately with all my conversations... Go figure...now I am going ... Ver más...
So, after reading the last two posts I decided to reinstall message + ( the old version).  Woot, it is working again.. It sync'd immediately with all my conversations... Go figure...now I am going to download the one from MS store and see if it works....  
Dear Verizon, Same story over and over again.  Message + worked just fine on Windows 7 and Windows 10 for a long time.  To say it is somehow now not compatible with either OS is a cop out. What mad... Ver más...
Dear Verizon, Same story over and over again.  Message + worked just fine on Windows 7 and Windows 10 for a long time.  To say it is somehow now not compatible with either OS is a cop out. What made it incompatible after years of fairly steady operation? What is really up with the app? Is it moving towards a paid app? And the beat goes on...
Messaging works fine on my Android phone.  The PC side, Mac and Windows is broken...  
Read the posts here at the forums, the app is BROKEN.  No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the problem across PC platforms(IE Windows and Mac). Verizon either doesn't care or they ha... Ver más...
Read the posts here at the forums, the app is BROKEN.  No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the problem across PC platforms(IE Windows and Mac). Verizon either doesn't care or they have no clue, your choice. Have a nice day...
Today, 9/14/2019 I went to the MS store and DOWNLOADED the Verizon app on a lark for the new desktop PC.  What you say?  Verizon on this forum has stated it has been removed until they sort out the p... Ver más...
Today, 9/14/2019 I went to the MS store and DOWNLOADED the Verizon app on a lark for the new desktop PC.  What you say?  Verizon on this forum has stated it has been removed until they sort out the problems.  Not.  Still doesn't sync. For anyone that visits, this is a warning.  There are literally thousands of visitors that have come to the forums to find out what is the matter.  The depth of this problem is immense.  The moderators and administrators have consistantly ignored pleas to fix, then stated it is no longer supported in Windows 10 (Win 7 too, and I suspect all PC's as a matter of fact) and that the app has been removed from the MS store (it has not as of this date). They are flat out lying.  My guess is that they want to charge for the service and some time down the road the app will re-emerge as a paid for app. They must think we are all so stupid that they can say whatever they want and we will buy the explanation hook line and sinker.  I have lost all faith in the company as many others I am sure have too. It is a shame.
That's a crock, it doesn't work in Win7 either, what do they have to say about Win7?  Mine was working in Win10 just fine up until it didn't work...  
I saved the old version (I save most all my downloads) and have experimented with several installs, still no bueno. 
Go to the Verizon store nearest you and get it resolved...