Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,719 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Jakeman1's Posts

How are your contacts backed up?  If it is through Verizon Cloud, go into Verizon Cloud from a computer, go to the trash can and move them all back to active contacts.  They should re populate yo... See more...
How are your contacts backed up?  If it is through Verizon Cloud, go into Verizon Cloud from a computer, go to the trash can and move them all back to active contacts.  They should re populate your phone.  Then change ALL of your contacts over to Google contacts, and make sure Google Back up is turned on so it will back up your contacts.  You should never have an issue with this again.
Depending on which phone you have, one of the last updates removed Google Voice.  If Google Voice was used as your Voicemail, it would have been replaced with Verizon's Visual Voicemail app.  you... See more...
Depending on which phone you have, one of the last updates removed Google Voice.  If Google Voice was used as your Voicemail, it would have been replaced with Verizon's Visual Voicemail app.  you can download Google Voice from the Google Play and set it back up (at least last time I checked you could which was just a few weeks back).
It is most likely NOT backing up to either because the contacts are set to SIM Card and not to either Phone (Verizon Cloud) or Google (Google).  Once the contacts are changed to either of these, ... See more...
It is most likely NOT backing up to either because the contacts are set to SIM Card and not to either Phone (Verizon Cloud) or Google (Google).  Once the contacts are changed to either of these, then the service will back them up
It is best done by disabling Verizon Cloud.  Change ALL contacts to Google Contacts and make sure Google Backup is turned on.
I would take a serious look at Life 360 on the app store.  You can get a free version or the paid version.  Paid version is 2.99 a month and will work on a cross platform of phones.  The parent c... See more...
I would take a serious look at Life 360 on the app store.  You can get a free version or the paid version.  Paid version is 2.99 a month and will work on a cross platform of phones.  The parent can have an iPhone and the child an Android, or 2 different androids with different OS's on them.  Life 360 is extremely reliable (more reliable then Family Base ever was when I had it years ago) and is very light on phone resources.  Check it out, you have nothing to lose and peace of mind to gain
How do you back your contacts up?  Are you logged into your Google Account?  Which phone are you using
Most of the phones will only play a 30 second Ring Tone and if you use a full MP3, it will cut off and use only the first 30 seconds of it.  Some notifications will play 5-10 and alarms will usua... See more...
Most of the phones will only play a 30 second Ring Tone and if you use a full MP3, it will cut off and use only the first 30 seconds of it.  Some notifications will play 5-10 and alarms will usually play the entire song.  I know Motorola phones are limited to 30 seconds.  If you download any of the apps to make ringtones they will also usually limit you to making a 30 second clip.
Download Life360.  You can set up zones, track when the person being tracked leaves or enters the zone, it is accurate and reliable.  You can set up the free version and run it as long as you wan... See more...
Download Life360.  You can set up zones, track when the person being tracked leaves or enters the zone, it is accurate and reliable.  You can set up the free version and run it as long as you want with 2 zones on it.  If you want text notifications or more then 2 zones you need to pay for the premium version which is less then 50 a year.  The nice thing is it is compatible across platforms (Apple and Android on the same tracking).
One thing the instructions did not tell is if you drag the numbers on top of each other it will create a folder on the screen so there is only one folder on the screen, and the speed dials are in... See more...
One thing the instructions did not tell is if you drag the numbers on top of each other it will create a folder on the screen so there is only one folder on the screen, and the speed dials are inside.  Your link Does answer the original question.  Another way to do it is download an app called favorites with collapses to a single line and I believe you can configure it to show one square or up to 4 across.
I would use Life360. It is more reliable and accurate as far as location goes, and works on all devices even cross platform (Apple/Android)
I would look at a few different things. 1) what has your update history been like (have you had issues with Samsung's updates to the phone) 2) if no issues I would consider the new Samsung but ... See more...
I would look at a few different things. 1) what has your update history been like (have you had issues with Samsung's updates to the phone) 2) if no issues I would consider the new Samsung but still look at what is out there using the compare feature on Verizons site 3) If you have had issues with Samsung Updates, still consider it but look strongly at the others as well You will need to make a list of what is important on a phone vs what is not or nice to haves. each phone does something very well and some thing not as well so you want to pick a phone that does your top wants well.
I would change apps and use the Standard Messaging App on the phone instead of Message +
I am assuming you are referring to Verizon Cloud so this advice is geared towards that and not (iCloud, Google, Dropbox, etc....) Go into Verizon Cloud from a computer. Go to your Trashcan Ma... See more...
I am assuming you are referring to Verizon Cloud so this advice is geared towards that and not (iCloud, Google, Dropbox, etc....) Go into Verizon Cloud from a computer. Go to your Trashcan Mark all of the contacts in the trashcan that you want to keep as active contacts sync to your phone Go into your settings on your phone and enable Google Contact Sync (if it is not already enabled) Change ALL of your contacts to Google Contacts Delete all contacts from Verizon Cloud
Actually this has happened on ALL Androids since the release of Ice Cream Sandwich as the OS Optimizes ALL apps, Photos, Music, Pictures etc... on your phone.  1 trick to eliminate this is to off... See more...
Actually this has happened on ALL Androids since the release of Ice Cream Sandwich as the OS Optimizes ALL apps, Photos, Music, Pictures etc... on your phone.  1 trick to eliminate this is to offload your pics, music, videos etc... You can remove the Apps as well, but if you use them you will lose any stored data and settings so I would leave the apps on it. Optimizing a phone with 250 apps (including all of the hidden ones that make the phone work) will take about 10 minutes
Most of the phones used Google Voice for Voicemail as a standard.  When Verizon forced Visual Voicemail on everyone some of the models of phones deleted Google Voice (Samsung in particular).  You... See more...
Most of the phones used Google Voice for Voicemail as a standard.  When Verizon forced Visual Voicemail on everyone some of the models of phones deleted Google Voice (Samsung in particular).  You can download Google Voice from Google Play and use it as regular voicemail
I use Lookout Mobile Security. I have used Avast, AVG, Webroot, Norton, Mcaffee and some others. They all seemed to work pretty much the same but some used more resources then others.  The least ... See more...
I use Lookout Mobile Security. I have used Avast, AVG, Webroot, Norton, Mcaffee and some others. They all seemed to work pretty much the same but some used more resources then others.  The least intrusive in my opinion (in order) are Lookout, Webroot, Avast, AVG, Mcaffee, Norton, but really any of these will do the job and keep you protected.
Depending on which version of the OS you have will dictate the answer to this.  I believe it was Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean that put all kinds of restrictions on the SD Card so apps could n... See more...
Depending on which version of the OS you have will dictate the answer to this.  I believe it was Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean that put all kinds of restrictions on the SD Card so apps could not write directly to the SD Card.  They quickly came up with if the app creates the folder on the SD Card, then that app can write to it.  Regardless, save the movies to your tablet itself.  lug into your computer and copy the movies either directly to the SD Card (It may not let you depending on how literal the manufacturer too the code) or write to your computer first, then to your SD Card.  From your computer you can write anything to the SD Card
Depends on what you want to track. The phone itself in case you lose it = Where's My Droid People (with their knowledge) - GPS Life360 People without their knowledge - DONT DO IT
This has nothing to do with the battery running down.  Verizon pushed an update out to a bunch of phones (Samsung, HTC, LG) This update removed Google Voice from your phone and installs the Visua... See more...
This has nothing to do with the battery running down.  Verizon pushed an update out to a bunch of phones (Samsung, HTC, LG) This update removed Google Voice from your phone and installs the Visual Voice Mail on your phone.  You can download Google Voice from the Google store and set it up as a default, then just move your voice mail icon off your main screen and use the Google Voice Icon. Supposedly in 30 days of using Visual Voice Mail it will ask if you want to go to premium, or purchase Visual Voice Mail.  I have no idea what it does if you decline.
There is a SanDisk Wireless Flash Drive that works great.  The nice thing about these is that you can hook it up, and the flash drive itself actually uses Micro SD Cards so you can change these o... See more...
There is a SanDisk Wireless Flash Drive that works great.  The nice thing about these is that you can hook it up, and the flash drive itself actually uses Micro SD Cards so you can change these or have multiple for a very reasonable price.  I have one with 4 different Micro SD cards that I rotate depending on what I am putting on it.