Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 11.3K Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

nimiaj's Posts

@verstu72 not sure if you resolved your issues, but I discovered the hard way. Moto Camera app is NOT compatible with the Settings->Display Size feature. If it is set to anything other than Defau... See more...
@verstu72 not sure if you resolved your issues, but I discovered the hard way. Moto Camera app is NOT compatible with the Settings->Display Size feature. If it is set to anything other than Default, the camera app cannot detect the video or the switch camera overlays. If you changed it, switch it back to Default and Moto Camera app will start working again!
You should be able to disable vibrate on notifications from the settings for the specific apps. For example, go to setting in you mail app and look for notification options. Hope this helps.
Sharing my recent experience with the TURBO 2. Running on 25.22.10 (Latest Nougat 7.0 update) My phone was working fine after the the Nougat update. In fact I was loving it! Then suddenly a fe... See more...
Sharing my recent experience with the TURBO 2. Running on 25.22.10 (Latest Nougat 7.0 update) My phone was working fine after the the Nougat update. In fact I was loving it! Then suddenly a few days ago, the phone started getting really warm/hot and the battery would drain when I was at work (not connected to WIFI). I noticed that the battery drain was not that drastic when I was connected to WIFI, but the minute the phone came off of WIFI and on 4gLTE, it would start warming up and losing battery like there is no tomorrow! I've tried quite a bit of things but no change. When I check under Battery Stats, the biggest drain was due to Android OS. That did not make any sense! Turns out that after a recent factory reset, I enabled the free trial for premium visual voicemail. I forgot all about it. When my phone started overheating and draining battery, I looked online to find someone reference the voicemail app. Sure enough, when I went to the voicemail app, it was waiting for me to either purchase premium voicemail or go back to basic voicemail. I switched to basic voicemail and restarted my phone. All the problems were gone! It started behaving normal again. So folks, if for some reason you did a factory reset and opted to try the premium visual voicemail, don't forget to go back after the trial ends and switch back to basic (or buy premium)... But it is really weird that THIS would make the phone do completely haywire and affect the battery to such a major extent! Hope this helps someone!
CJBKM​ unfortunately you cannot revert back to Marshmallow as Ann154​ pointed out. I have been running on 25.11.10 without any issues of the sorts that you are reporting. Chances are that these a... See more...
CJBKM​ unfortunately you cannot revert back to Marshmallow as Ann154​ pointed out. I have been running on 25.11.10 without any issues of the sorts that you are reporting. Chances are that these are specific to your device and these things can happen when you get a major update. Here are the few things you can try: - Run the phone if Safe Mode and see if you notice the same issues. If the issues go away, then there are one or more third party apps on your phone which are causing these issues. - Try clearing the storage cache as well as the system cache and then restart the phone. - Make sure the Verizon Visual Voicemail App is in Basic Visual voicemail mode. If you opted for the Premium Visual Voicemail trial, you will see that the voicemail app will prompt for you to either upgrade of end the free trial and revert to basic. This may seem trivial, but this had been causing havoc on my phone! Battery would drain so fast and the phone would get hot hot hot. - If all else fails, and you still have the issues, you should go the factory reset route... It's a bit of a hassle, but it can do wonders in solving your issues after a major update, if you phone starts misbehaving. Hope this helps!
@Tidbits I know you already know this, but here goes: AOSP: Android Open Source Project. Everyone can build out their own "phone" using Android. Google leads this project and we can probably s... See more...
@Tidbits I know you already know this, but here goes: AOSP: Android Open Source Project. Everyone can build out their own "phone" using Android. Google leads this project and we can probably say that it promotes it the most in its purest form using it's Nexus line of devices. GApps is google property and not part of AOSP. Any manufacturer who wants Google Play, GApps integration needs to license it from Google, has nothing to do with AOSP. Since Google leads AOSP, and their Nexus line of devices provides the most convenience when it comes to building your own "image" they provide specific instructions on how you can do it. Also this keeps them from getting into licensing trouble. That's the major reason why all their GSM variants are AOSP supported and 4G/LTE are not. They are however trying to make all of Nexus AOSP supported. Good example of that is the recent re-inclusion of Nexus S4G. Also noteworthy is the fact that on AOSP Jelly Bean has more binaries available for the VZW Galaxy Nexus than ICS. Nexus: Line of devices that Google develops in partnerships with major vendors (HTC, Samsung, ASUS so far). ADP 1 & 2: Pre-date Nexus line of devices were purely developer phones specifically created to fill the void where Android can be nurtured in a time when no major manufacturers were yet making Android handsets. Nexus One: Primarily release to showcase Android in it's "purest" form without any major re-skinning or customizations. There used to be a special site where you could purchase ADP 1/2 or Nexus One when you registered for an Android Market account as a developer. Not any more. Google now expects you to purchase ANY Android device out there (including their Nexus) for development and such. They also want you to mainly rely on AVD for development. A small tidbit here, you can unlock the bootloader on Nexus One, but that voids warranty! Nexus S: This is the phone where it really started shifting focus to consumers and making the phone available for specific providers rather than just as an unlocked GSM phone. Galaxy Nexus: This is really the device from where they want to make the Nexus line absolutely consumer driver, rather than developer driven. Hence the launching of the Play Store Devices section which only lists Galaxy Nexus and not Nexus S. The main point at discussion here is that as a Nexus owner to whom initially the aura of Nexus device getting direct updates from Google was a selling point (which it does but after VZW intervention) is extremely disappointed by how   has handled updates and it's communication. For me my Galaxy Nexus is a perfect development device since I don't need/want to put anything other than Google factory image on it. The point here again is that Google at IO2012 and on Google+ has announced Jelly Bean for ALL Galaxy Nexii, not just the GSM version, so why does it take such silence and then few extra months for me to get it on my Verizon device?
@cynindesign to answer your question without breaking any forum rules, if you were to do anything other than stock to your phone, there is a place where you can download the "Galaxy Nexus Toro" f... See more...
@cynindesign to answer your question without breaking any forum rules, if you were to do anything other than stock to your phone, there is a place where you can download the "Galaxy Nexus Toro" factory image (IMM76K) and follow the instructions to bring it back to its original state.
see link. Official description reads Nexus experience device. http://www.android.com/devices/detail/galaxy-nexus-4g-lte
sorry but it's not just the people. Even Google uses the term Nexus experience device in their description. ADP was the ONLY true phone just meant for development. Since the inception of Nexus ... See more...
sorry but it's not just the people. Even Google uses the term Nexus experience device in their description. ADP was the ONLY true phone just meant for development. Since the inception of Nexus line, they have primarily been flagship phones to highlight the next big android iteration. And be that it's a Google phone it is open to tinker how you want.
thanks. Yes I'm aware of that. Let's see how long I can hold off! If the rumors that VZW is preparing yet another ICS update pans out then I'm waiting no more! Btw I got my grouper couple of da... See more...
thanks. Yes I'm aware of that. Let's see how long I can hold off! If the rumors that VZW is preparing yet another ICS update pans out then I'm waiting no more! Btw I got my grouper couple of days back so I'm okay for now. But using Google Now on it makes me want to get Jelly Bean even more on my phone!
Ok agreed I should not have used the warranty excuse. I know ways around that and with the GalNex it's way too easy I know. People who like to tinker will tinker with anything. GalNex is a Goo... See more...
Ok agreed I should not have used the warranty excuse. I know ways around that and with the GalNex it's way too easy I know. People who like to tinker will tinker with anything. GalNex is a Google flagship device first and then a device for development. Unless you are into creating/assembling your own roms you really don't need to "tinker". I can absolutely do any development on this phone as it is. You are still not getting my point. I know I can but why should I have to if this is a Nexus Experience device. Anyways I got my grouper couple of days back so I'm all Jelly Beaned up for now.
@Tidbits I understand your point and know what you are saying. It usually does take a while for ALL phones to receive the update. However, recently (couple of days ago) Google posted the "factory... See more...
@Tidbits I understand your point and know what you are saying. It usually does take a while for ALL phones to receive the update. However, recently (couple of days ago) Google posted the "factory images" for both yakju and takju. Normally this done AFTER an update is pushed to all existing devices from what I have read. So technically if you had a yakju or takju you could just go and get the factory image on yourself (which is not exactly the same as compiling and flashing AOSP source). Again, I understand that Verizon has to validate the phone due to CDMA, but all I am saying/hoping for is that they provide some transparency in the process or speed it up. I would totally be fine with the added time if it was really being spent to catch issues. Even after their "exhaustive" validation, the same darn issues still exist. I also know that nothing is going to change anytime soon, and at some point I may just have to give up and turn to AOSP. On that note, I'll be sending you a PM for some info!
Yes agreed it took Google time to figure out the problem and solve it. But once it got done, there was not waiting. If that same phone was on Verizon, don't you think that after the two months of... See more...
Yes agreed it took Google time to figure out the problem and solve it. But once it got done, there was not waiting. If that same phone was on Verizon, don't you think that after the two months of issue resolution, the VZW process would have added more time (atleast a month) making it more like 3 months! Being a GalNex owner, I know how much later than everyone else I got the 4.0.4 update. And yes I also went through hell with the network disconnect issues before that update finally rolled along. Even certain Google employees were publicly frustrated with how long it took VZW GalNex to get the update. I just hope there is some communication from VerizonWireless that give us some idea of what's happening. Especially after such a major public announcement by Google for JellyBean.
@davegr I don't get it why do you even bother to troll on this thread when you already have Jelly Bean for weeks. I care because I am technical enough to know what Jelly Beans offers. I am partic... See more...
@davegr I don't get it why do you even bother to troll on this thread when you already have Jelly Bean for weeks. I care because I am technical enough to know what Jelly Beans offers. I am particularly interested in Google Now. It's not that I don't care to learn enough to unlock, root and flash my phone, but I would rather not. There are some really great ROMS out there but truth be said, all of them do still have some of their own quirks. Why should I not stay on the Official Google image and keep my warranty. This is after all a Nexus Experience Device. If Galaxy Nexus GSM and Nexus S GSM can get the updates and if Google already announced Jelly Bean with such fan and fare for Galaxy Nexus why should I have to wait ( if you are listening)? Again, I am just voicing my opinion and so are you. Just because we believe in getting the official update, does not mean that we are any lesser or don't know what we are doing. Give everyone some credit, don't assume.
Handset manufacturing was not their core business, however, the Nexus line is their offering. Usually in partnership with of the the major manufacturers. They managed to keep the GSM variant of a... See more...
Handset manufacturing was not their core business, however, the Nexus line is their offering. Usually in partnership with of the the major manufacturers. They managed to keep the GSM variant of all their devices carrier independant. All I am saying is that they should have done the same with LTE variants. So when I say Google should have themselves manufactured, I mean it in the same way as they do with the GSM variants of their Nexus devices. One can hope! 🙂
IMHO Google should have themselves manufactured LTE band phones for VZW and ATT and sold them through the Play Store. VZW Carrier Testing and Approval in case of the Nexus device is not adding an... See more...
IMHO Google should have themselves manufactured LTE band phones for VZW and ATT and sold them through the Play Store. VZW Carrier Testing and Approval in case of the Nexus device is not adding any value. Google has always been prompt to address any issues that arise, and this VZW process simply delays the hell out of it. Bigger problem is communication. Google already announced that all Galaxy Nexii will get Jelly Bean, VZW is not even communicating if they have the update in carrier testing. The funny thing is that even after an unusally longer (as compared to other carriers) validation process the darn updates still have issues. What exactly are they doing!!! I am waiting for the day when manufacturers in the US start making multi-band LTE phones so people can just buy and use on whichever network they prefer!
Thats the other one I could not remember the name of! Thanks @Ann154.
@Rochelle Gaston there are no indicators on the Galaxy Nexus that show a visual feedback for charging. The only way is to press the power button and turn on the screen. On the lock screen it show... See more...
@Rochelle Gaston there are no indicators on the Galaxy Nexus that show a visual feedback for charging. The only way is to press the power button and turn on the screen. On the lock screen it shows you the status. If your phone is switched off, just use the volume rocker, it will show the battery charging status on the screen. However, the Galaxy Nexus has a very flexible RGB led which can be made to show the charging status using apps from the Play Store. Search for an app named "Galaxy Nexus LED" by ChatChatMeow. This can help you use the LED to show charging status if you need. Hope this helps!
So sent this to VZW Official Twitter account few days back, " @ VerizonWireless Nexus S now getting Jelly Bean. When does the VZW Galaxy Nexus get Jelly Bean? It's about time.... # JellyBeanOnVZW... See more...
So sent this to VZW Official Twitter account few days back, " @ VerizonWireless Nexus S now getting Jelly Bean. When does the VZW Galaxy Nexus get Jelly Bean? It's about time.... # JellyBeanOnVZWGalNex" Next day morning got a response from @VZWSupport "We haven't announced Jelly Bean for any of our devices. Keep an eye on http://news.vzw.com for the latest. ^MS" So I replied back..." @ VZWSupport, Google already so publicly announced Jelly Bean on all Galaxy Nexus. Does that not cover VZW GalNex? # JellyBeanOnVZWGalNex " And got another reply back! "Verizon Wireless has not announced availability of Jelly Bean on any devices yet. ^MS" Finally I replied back..." @ VZWSupport # JellyBeanOnVZWGalNexhttps://  plus.google.com/app/plus/mp/766/#~loop:aid=z13xctnbxmiqibjof04chteh4kmhxrar5w00k&view=activity … Isn't VZW GalNex a Nexus experience device? Why hold back an update Google provides?" Obviously did not get any response back to this! If you all have a twitter account why not ask them? Maybe a lot of folks asking will get us some answers? Please include hash tag (#JellyBeanOnVZWGalNex)
@JGeezle, it does not do anything special for you right now. However, the fact that Google has the factory images available means that the update is officially released. The other benefit is that... See more...
@JGeezle, it does not do anything special for you right now. However, the fact that Google has the factory images available means that the update is officially released. The other benefit is that if you go the route of rooting and flashing roms, the factory image will allow you the opportunity to revert back to "factory" official image.
I still have my original shipped GalNex. And it is Korean made. Before 4.0.4 I had a lot of network drop and reboot issues, but all is good now.