Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,242 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

XxJoshxX's Posts

I couldn't agree more and thanks for linking that thread. It would seem Big Red is coaching their reps to screen responses on net neutrality and targeted advertising.. Funny, however their exec.... See more...
I couldn't agree more and thanks for linking that thread. It would seem Big Red is coaching their reps to screen responses on net neutrality and targeted advertising.. Funny, however their exec. and some of the 3rd parties who are paying for the information via Red's "Precision Insights Division" have spilled the beans on how that "anonymous/Unique Identifier", can be exploited. Another insightful link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/10/17/verizon-very-excited-that-it-can-track-everything-phone-users-do-and-sell-that-to-whoever-is-interested/
Deniability does not dismiss plausability.. And seeing as the exact opposite of what you and other reps have stated has been proven I would think Verizon owes us a little more than scripted resp... See more...
Deniability does not dismiss plausability.. And seeing as the exact opposite of what you and other reps have stated has been proven I would think Verizon owes us a little more than scripted responses denying the truth. It has already been proven Big Red.. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/10/17/verizon-very-excited-that-it-can-track-everything-phone-users-do-and-sell-that-to-whoever-is-interested/
I agree. From what's been said though, it would appear this has been going on for upwards of 2 years so I'm not sure opting-out at this point, would be of much use. Tailoring advertisements is o... See more...
I agree. From what's been said though, it would appear this has been going on for upwards of 2 years so I'm not sure opting-out at this point, would be of much use. Tailoring advertisements is one thing but allowing 3rd parties to de-anonymize you personally and identify your location and what you search is a totally different ballgame altogether. Tracking for law enforcement purposes is one thing and understandable. But making it accessible to 3rd parties other than law enforcement is unacceptable. If that is the case, Verizon can no longer tout a secure network and needs to be transparent on how it is handling customer data. This is easily viewed as a breach of data integrity and a breach of consumer trust.
An article has been published which cites that Verizon and Verizon's "Precision Insights Division" have been using unique identifiers to seed web requests sent from customer phones to websites, w... See more...
An article has been published which cites that Verizon and Verizon's "Precision Insights Division" have been using unique identifiers to seed web requests sent from customer phones to websites, which personally identify us as well as our location, without our knowledge. Has anyone read this? I'd like to know how this is legal and exactly where they figured this would increase their consumer base.. Article can be found here: arstechnica.com/security/2014/10/verizon-wireless-injects-identifiers-link-its-users-to-web-requests/
This is now the "upmteenth" time I've seen you guys change the ship dates for the refresh on Droid X's. Where in the world are you getting your time-frames from!? And who do you have doing the or... See more...
This is now the "upmteenth" time I've seen you guys change the ship dates for the refresh on Droid X's. Where in the world are you getting your time-frames from!? And who do you have doing the ordering, a chimp!? Seriously.. One good way to lose business. It's bad enough that the online department and in-store department are 2 separate entities, which only means I as a customer have to deal with the runaround twice, when it comes to rebates and upgrades.. What a joke. Seperate, yet neither one can manage to keep these phones in stock, nor anticipate an influx? You guys have been promising since July that stocks would remain healthy.. You lied.   “While we are currently experiencing delays on orders of one of our more popular phones. We view that as an anomaly driven by a combination of supply and popularity,” Brenda Raney said. “At present, we feel that we have done everything possible to ensure we have inventory to meet customer needs around the Droid X–the proof will be in the execution on July 15.”