Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 10.1K Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

pbug561's Posts

In the middle of a phone call from a new Verizon S23 Ultra, suddenly got "No route found' announcement.  This happened today, March 8, 2023.  I've noted that this has happened in the past to other pe... See more...
In the middle of a phone call from a new Verizon S23 Ultra, suddenly got "No route found' announcement.  This happened today, March 8, 2023.  I've noted that this has happened in the past to other people.
I'm sort of wrong.  I gave up on it after a bunch of fruitless tech support sessions months ago.  I was supposed to be paying for and having full family coverage.  Now that I'm looking again, I find ... See more...
I'm sort of wrong.  I gave up on it after a bunch of fruitless tech support sessions months ago.  I was supposed to be paying for and having full family coverage.  Now that I'm looking again, I find it's working on my phone.  And I can see it on my PC - which I couldn't before, albeit only by browser.  According to the desktop app, I have 13.2gb worth of NOTHING backed up.  But when I click 'View my Verizon Cloud' I see files in my browser.   So somehow 1. my account setup for Cloud get set back to single user, 2. backup of selected phone folders started working at some point.  So sometime, I'll call tech support or customer service - I'm afraid if I change it myself on the web site or MyVerizon app that none of it will work, again.
Not sure.  The only things I now know for sure; 1. If I turn RINGTONE volume all the way down, it stops. 2. If I place the phone on a wireless charger, it makes about 20 beeps inside of several sec... See more...
Not sure.  The only things I now know for sure; 1. If I turn RINGTONE volume all the way down, it stops. 2. If I place the phone on a wireless charger, it makes about 20 beeps inside of several seconds. 3. If I check Notification history, in most instances there was no notification for at least a few minutes that could account for the beeps.   4. My wife's S10+ does not have this issue.
On my S10+, Android 11, my phone is constantly beeping.  I have spent many hours eliminating most audio notifications to no effect.  Now I've tried turning volume down on notifications, no effect.  A... See more...
On my S10+, Android 11, my phone is constantly beeping.  I have spent many hours eliminating most audio notifications to no effect.  Now I've tried turning volume down on notifications, no effect.  Also media, same.  Finally, turning ringtones volume OFF and the phone is quiet.  Now it's my understanding that ringtones only sound off if someone is calling me - and I receive few calls. So, what could be causing my phone to constantly, randomly beep via ringtones?  Only clue is that if my put my phone on a wireless charge it beeps.  But not with ringtone volume at zero.   Anyone have any idea of the cause and a fix?   Thanks!
I get charged monthly for Cloud for my family.  It doesn't actually worked and hasn't in a long time.  Any support attempts just left me highly frustrated, and I eventually read that many people have... See more...
I get charged monthly for Cloud for my family.  It doesn't actually worked and hasn't in a long time.  Any support attempts just left me highly frustrated, and I eventually read that many people have the same problems.  Does anyone know how to get it working?
To Support, can you explain why we are forced to go to the new version of M+ that won't synch old messages?  And why this version won't let us see and search and reply to old messages?  IOTW, why the... See more...
To Support, can you explain why we are forced to go to the new version of M+ that won't synch old messages?  And why this version won't let us see and search and reply to old messages?  IOTW, why the new M+ is such a massive downgrade?
VZW customers can theoretically use their cloud to back up messages, but it only seems, maybe, to work from phones.  But you are not going to have a choice about M+ for Windows; at some point if you ... See more...
VZW customers can theoretically use their cloud to back up messages, but it only seems, maybe, to work from phones.  But you are not going to have a choice about M+ for Windows; at some point if you don't downgrade to the new version it stops working completely.
Users of Messages + on Windows have found that older versions have stopped working, and that the current version, 3.0x, once installed, have NO OLDER MESSAGES.  Days, weeks, months, years of older me... See more...
Users of Messages + on Windows have found that older versions have stopped working, and that the current version, 3.0x, once installed, have NO OLDER MESSAGES.  Days, weeks, months, years of older messages are gone.  Instead of fixing synch, Verizon removed it for all older messages, and removed the SYNCH button.   IMHO, this is a massive degrading of an important tool to many VZW subscribers.  Like anyone, I use M+ on my cell phone as needed, but it is painful for me, due to arthritis, to send longer messages from my phone.  Having M+ on my PC's has been useful for years.  One of the things I liked was finding older message threads for important information and history with someone.  On the PC, that's gone.    VZW won't tell me why they did this, and it seems pretty obvious they won't tell anyone.  BUT, reps have 'tried' to fix it for many of us.  Presumably the company didn't tell their own tech support what they'd done. Now all we've left on PC's to use is the web access, and we all know how 'well' it works. Verizon, please restore and fix message synch on M+ for Windows!
Message + was not discontinued; the download was moved to the Microsoft Store, home of some of the worst Windows software out there.  And it was very much degraded in the last version or two.  As to ... See more...
Message + was not discontinued; the download was moved to the Microsoft Store, home of some of the worst Windows software out there.  And it was very much degraded in the last version or two.  As to Your Phone, it's something I won't allow to run on any PC - it drove me crazy and didn't work very well.   I can only guess as to what VZW is trying to accomplish, but it sure looks like, despite charging so much, they don't want to support a Windows app.  Given that I've got arthritis and find texting on a cell phone difficult (obviously I do it when I'm not home), having a viable PC solution is important to me.
I'm using the web site, as bad as it is, because V3.03 or so of the PC app has zero of my older messages making it next to useless.  My guess is that Verizon downgraded the app so much to get people ... See more...
I'm using the web site, as bad as it is, because V3.03 or so of the PC app has zero of my older messages making it next to useless.  My guess is that Verizon downgraded the app so much to get people to stop using it.  I talked to someone in their 'executive offices' who basically told me where i could stick my opinion on the downgraded app.  I had tried chat - once I did get through it was typically 5 to 10 minutes between responses.
I don't understand what their problem is, but they clearly don't want people messaging from their PC's.  The web site access is iffy, the older apps, V1.x and earlier V3 ones were generally OK until ... See more...
I don't understand what their problem is, but they clearly don't want people messaging from their PC's.  The web site access is iffy, the older apps, V1.x and earlier V3 ones were generally OK until they essentially turned all of them off requiring a version that does not include syncing with any old messaging and is iffy on syncing new messaging.  On top of that, the Verizon Cloud app on PC's has never worked for me (and from what I gather most other people).  For what Verizon Wireless charges, it's beyond disgusting. When I first complained about messaging some weeks ago, a tech had me install some 'test' version and gave me (completely wrong) instructions for finding and sending him some logs.  Never even an acknowledgement he got the logs.  You can spend hours trying to get through to support by chat or phone, and the stores no longer have techs.  Their concept of service appears to be a bad joke.
3.03 simply removes synching.  VZW solution.  
It's my impression after a very long chat with tech support that VZW has decided to REMOVE SYNC from the PC app.  The latest version in the Microsloth Store does not have any ability to synch except ... See more...
It's my impression after a very long chat with tech support that VZW has decided to REMOVE SYNC from the PC app.  The latest version in the Microsloth Store does not have any ability to synch except to new messages after it was installed.  
When you installed newer versions, did the app sync your previous messages?  I just installed 3 and I see no previous messages.
I've been using Message + on Win 10 for years, equiv on my Android phone.  Beyond waiting for Verizon to update to Google's latest tech standards, I'm mostly content with it other than it never being... See more...
I've been using Message + on Win 10 for years, equiv on my Android phone.  Beyond waiting for Verizon to update to Google's latest tech standards, I'm mostly content with it other than it never being completely in sync with my phone. I recently got a flood of messages from Verizon threatening to cut off my Windows access unless I updated.  So I went through that pain and discovered a very nasty surprise - it does not SYNC at all, nor is there a SYNC command in the menus.  In other words, the only messages I see on my PC are brand new ones since I installed this cr-pware.  This makes the app next to useless because I rely on that message history.  If Verizon wants us to take this new version, they first need it to work, to have at least as much functionality as the old version.   I went back to the old version, but it doesn't accept the texted PIN that Verizon sends out.  That's also super nasty.   I wonder if Verizon is degrading their messaging to get people to stop using it.  Great way to tick off their customers, since messaging is probably the number one app on any phone!
I got messages threatening to cut me off from Message + on my PC unless I installed the latest software.  I did so, and discovered that the SYNCH command is missing from this version, PLUS it does no... See more...
I got messages threatening to cut me off from Message + on my PC unless I installed the latest software.  I did so, and discovered that the SYNCH command is missing from this version, PLUS it does not automatically download my prior messages like the old Windows Message + does.  That makes this version virtually useless.  And I need it because, given my arthritis, it's very hard for me to text on my phone.
So, late November 2020, and my brand new laptop with FIOS 1gb service feeding it, and Verizon Cloud cannot reach from it to the internet.  Beyond it's not working, it is driving me crazy with error m... See more...
So, late November 2020, and my brand new laptop with FIOS 1gb service feeding it, and Verizon Cloud cannot reach from it to the internet.  Beyond it's not working, it is driving me crazy with error messages.  Anyone, from Verizon or otherwise, have any idea of what this clearly long standing problem is?
Reach out to executive relations.  That might help.  With them, the phone we had the worst problem on was replaced and that reduced the problem.  I'm guessing that a complete factory reset - AFTER a ... See more...
Reach out to executive relations.  That might help.  With them, the phone we had the worst problem on was replaced and that reduced the problem.  I'm guessing that a complete factory reset - AFTER a full app and data backup, might help.  Note that apps tend not to be copied but reinstalled from Google Play Store.  You will lose SOME settings.  My S8+ just had a bizarre case failure - and the replacement feels much faster even though identical.  I did have a problem with old apps that work fine not being available any more, but there are workarounds.  But the person with the phone which had the problems no longer regularly complains about missing calls.  And maybe VZW also fixed account problems as well.   Good luck!
Back to the garbage again!  As badly and inconsistently the original (not MS store) M+app is working, it still functions far better than the attrocious M+ web page.  The web page misses piles of mess... See more...
Back to the garbage again!  As badly and inconsistently the original (not MS store) M+app is working, it still functions far better than the attrocious M+ web page.  The web page misses piles of messages, constantly disconnects or logs out.  And for whoever doesn't know, this insanity has been going on at least since August 2019.  Or was that 2018?  No clue who did what at Verizon to so badly break their messaging systems, but you'd think they could have fixed them by now.
Still working with them.  Replaced SIM cards on 2 more today.  BUt I've got no clue who at VZW is actually working on the message sync problem.  It's been going on since mid summer 2018, so the conce... See more...
Still working with them.  Replaced SIM cards on 2 more today.  BUt I've got no clue who at VZW is actually working on the message sync problem.  It's been going on since mid summer 2018, so the concensus here is that no one is working on it.