Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,954 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

rebretz's Posts

Maybe when my free magenta money runs out I'll check out big red again. I hope it fixes it for my location.
For some reason Verizon is blocking my reply. Your issue will not go away unless Verizon updates the way the phone grabs a signal. Right now Verizon has the Pixel configured to grab the fastest s... See more...
For some reason Verizon is blocking my reply. Your issue will not go away unless Verizon updates the way the phone grabs a signal. Right now Verizon has the Pixel configured to grab the fastest signal not the strongest. I went through 4 Pixel phones and 12 SIM Cards and the problem never went away. There's a Verizon tower less than 1/2 mile from my house but my signal was always horrible. Nothing but reds and yellows. It hovered around -100 dbm. My Nexus 5X got around -80 dbm. I talked to Verizon reps every week and they blew me off.
There is no fix. I had the Pixel on Verizon for months and had horrible signal. It turns out the problem is the way Verizon has the Pixel configured to receive signal. Verizon has brought online... See more...
There is no fix. I had the Pixel on Verizon for months and had horrible signal. It turns out the problem is the way Verizon has the Pixel configured to receive signal. Verizon has brought online band 2(1900mhz), and band 4(1700mhz) now. They are much higher in frequency than the old CDMA band(800mhz), and the first LTE band(700mhz). Verizon has programmed their phones not to connect to the strongest signal, but to the fastest signal with the most bandwidth available.  You get much less signal at the higher frequencies(band 2, and 4). It seems Verizon refuses to admit there is an issue. I went through 4 devices and probably a dozen SIM Cards and it never improved.
A new Pixel won't help. I've had a total of 6 Pixels between mine and my wife's and tried 8 different SIM cards.
I have been having this issue for months as well as not being able to make or receive any calls for hours. I constantly get server unreachable. So far Verizon customer service has done nothing. I... See more...
I have been having this issue for months as well as not being able to make or receive any calls for hours. I constantly get server unreachable. So far Verizon customer service has done nothing. I live less than a 1/2 mile from a Verizon tower yet I have almost no signal at my house with the Pixel. If I pop the SIM in my Nexus 5X I get perfect signal. It has been months and still Verizon hasn't fixed it. Today I filed a BBB complaint. I am done with this phone and Verizon. I'm going back to my previous carrier or a new one.
Looks like a new build for Pixel phones was released today. Hopefully this will fix things.
Actually the bump in signal strength only lasted for about 15 minutes then reverted back to what it was previous. I hope Google and Verizon work it out soon. The signal at my house sucks with the... See more...
Actually the bump in signal strength only lasted for about 15 minutes then reverted back to what it was previous. I hope Google and Verizon work it out soon. The signal at my house sucks with the Pixel but with my Nexus 5X I have perfect signal.
I've had two Pixels and so has my wife and both phones have data/connection issues. My signal strength is about 10 points weaker when HD voice is enabled as opposed to when I go through My Verizo... See more...
I've had two Pixels and so has my wife and both phones have data/connection issues. My signal strength is about 10 points weaker when HD voice is enabled as opposed to when I go through My Verizon and disable it from my account. I know others have this issue and I am wondering when Google/Verizon will send an update? It's a strange issue. It doesn't happen everywhere. A few location around town but my house it one location which sucks.
Best thing to do would be to call into Verizon Customer Service or reach out to them via Twitter. When I reach out to Verizon via Twitter I get a response fairly quickly.
There seems to be an issue with the Pixel phones in general. I found an article stating the Pixels in general have a weak antenna compared to other phones. I had the Pixel XL I bought from Googl... See more...
There seems to be an issue with the Pixel phones in general. I found an article stating the Pixels in general have a weak antenna compared to other phones. I had the Pixel XL I bought from Google directly and used it on AT&T. My Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P as well as all previous phones have excellent cell strength on AT&T. I can see an AT&T tower from my front porch but the Pixel XL was awful. I returned it and ended up getting the Pixel through Verizon. There are two Verizon towers close to my house and while the signal is better it is no where near as good as it was when I used a Moto X 2013 and Nexus 6 on Verizon. Google and Verizon need to send an update to fix the antenna/signal issue.
Left Verizon for AT&T and couldn't be happier. Gave up unlimited data and went to AT&T. Better coverage and better service where I live. No problems at all getting a Nano SIM card from them for m... See more...
Left Verizon for AT&T and couldn't be happier. Gave up unlimited data and went to AT&T. Better coverage and better service where I live. No problems at all getting a Nano SIM card from them for my Nexus 6. Getting 15GB of data, unlimited text and talk and saving $30 a month. Now with rollover data.
Nexus 6 is back in stock at Motorola. Sign up for Moto Credit and get one at no interest. By pass Verizon all together.
Same here milidad. I'm taking my two lines and leaving. Already switched my mother in law to AT&T. Switching both my parents and grandparents away from Verizon. That's 7 lines.
Verizon's to busy pushing their locked down bloated up Droid Turbo. If Verizon wasn't such a tight fisted controlling entity they would allow people to activate their Nexus 6's that they had alre... See more...
Verizon's to busy pushing their locked down bloated up Droid Turbo. If Verizon wasn't such a tight fisted controlling entity they would allow people to activate their Nexus 6's that they had already bought from Motorola or Google Play. Verizon just doesn't like the idea of not being able to control every aspect of the phone. No other carrier does this. It's not a CDMA issue as Sprint has allowed the Nexus 5 and now Nexus 6. Look how long Verizon blocked the LTE only Nexus 7 tablet so they could push their own POS Elipse tablet. Now for the pro Verizon propaganda from the VZW employees pretending to be regular folk on here.
Don't waste your time with Verizon Edge. You apply for Motorola credit at Motorola.com and get the phone from them at $0 down and select to pay it off in 12, 18, or 24 months. No interest as long... See more...
Don't waste your time with Verizon Edge. You apply for Motorola credit at Motorola.com and get the phone from them at $0 down and select to pay it off in 12, 18, or 24 months. No interest as long as you don't miss a payment.
Well after fighting with Verizon they've agreed to let me "upgrade" my phone without changing the plan. Since it's my moms line I'm fine with that. Here work will reimburse her $50.00 to buy a ph... See more...
Well after fighting with Verizon they've agreed to let me "upgrade" my phone without changing the plan. Since it's my moms line I'm fine with that. Here work will reimburse her $50.00 to buy a phone. So not the solution I wanted but it's acceptable.
It was a refurbished. It's in worse shape than the one that was sent back. When ever opening the stock email app a text messaging error pops up and the phone goes all crazy. Of course Verizon's s... See more...
It was a refurbished. It's in worse shape than the one that was sent back. When ever opening the stock email app a text messaging error pops up and the phone goes all crazy. Of course Verizon's solution is get another RAZR HD or join the Edge program. I've had it with Verizon.
I was just coming to check how to do this. I added my mom and step dad to my account now want them off. I pay the majority of the bill and it's getting expensive. Just found out my mom get's a... See more...
I was just coming to check how to do this. I added my mom and step dad to my account now want them off. I pay the majority of the bill and it's getting expensive. Just found out my mom get's a big discount through her work. 26% of bill, $50 dollars off of Smartphones, plus her company will reimburse her $65 a month towards her bill. Can't believe I've been paying all this time.
Got the new RAZR HD and it doesn't work either. Going to wait a few days before I call in and start this all over.