Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,104 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

ghamden's Posts

Incredible puts on a show at Motorola adobe conference " Then there was the live streaming that took place nearly 20 minutes late on 9/16. Not only was it late but the 3 Motorolas failed in ... See more...
Incredible puts on a show at Motorola adobe conference " Then there was the live streaming that took place nearly 20 minutes late on 9/16. Not only was it late but the 3 Motorolas failed in front of us all. Then the third speaker shows all how great Flash runs ON A HTC DINC? Who thought that was a good idea? Was there no practice runs to make sure everything worked? Information handed out B, presentation D-." So DROID X 2.2 Update, What’s the Deal?
Assurion is an offering a rcovery app for Verizon customers https://www.mymobilerecovery.com/public/verizon/get_started.html
Link works perfectly fine you may be have network issues
you have a moto droid x this is not where to look goto moto forum they will give you the run around for about another month and maybe if yur lucky they will release 2.2   Do Not Put this On any... See more...
you have a moto droid x this is not where to look goto moto forum they will give you the run around for about another month and maybe if yur lucky they will release 2.2   Do Not Put this On any other device it is only for the Droid Incredible
That is the direct link to Google official download Follow first link instructions or if youlike the full address http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_incredible/8e5ad8... See more...
That is the direct link to Google official download Follow first link instructions or if youlike the full address http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_incredible/8e5ad8d6ea2d.OTA_IncredibleC_Verizon_WWE_3.21.605.1_1.22.605.2_release_sign.zip
If you have already updated this will do nothing this is for users still on 2.1 But in either case it is always good to do a couple hardresets to make sure  it is a good clean install
Moderator   I posted this how to    Because i am tired of reading all the posts about how 2.2 messed up thier phone   OTA is OK but most people do not realize they need to hard reset afterw... See more...
Moderator   I posted this how to    Because i am tired of reading all the posts about how 2.2 messed up thier phone   OTA is OK but most people do not realize they need to hard reset afterwards to make sure the updates installs properly   This is the Official Update from Google   I purchased my Incredibles 3 weeksa ago and  used this method as soon as they were fully charged they work perfect no issues.   Never used 2.1 at all on the Incredible.
If you are that green wait forthe OTA   It takes some skills not a lot but it is better to be on the safe side
Do yourself a favor this is the full update it does a better job than the OTA make sure and backup contacts and needed files this will put your phone back  like new from Verizon this... See more...
Do yourself a favor this is the full update it does a better job than the OTA make sure and backup contacts and needed files this will put your phone back  like new from Verizon this does not root your phone nor do you have to be rooted this is the official Full 2.2. update from Google   1.  Download the update.zip file from . (DIRECT FROM GOOGLE.) 2.  Drop the file on the root of your SD card.  (Meaning, don’t put it in any folder.) *MAKE SURE IT’S NAMED UPDATE.ZIP! 3.  Turn your phone off. 4.  Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT. 5.  When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.” 6.  Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.” 7.  When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. 8.  Using the volume button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it. 9.  Your phone will now update! 10.  It could take some time, so be patient.  When it reboots, you are on official 2.2. Note If you don't see the extention .zip  just name it update some computers hide the file extention either way it should only be named update.zip    == not update.zip.zip   Be Careful.  While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, be advised that Verizon has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.
    if you don't see the extention .zip  just name it update some computers hide the file extention either way it should only be named update.zip    == not update.zip.zip
Do yourself a favor this is the full update it does a better job than the OTA make sure and backup contacts and needed files this will put your phone back  like new from Verizon this ... See more...
Do yourself a favor this is the full update it does a better job than the OTA make sure and backup contacts and needed files this will put your phone back  like new from Verizon this does not root your phone nor do you have to be rooted this is the official Full 2.2. update from Google   1.  Download the update.zip file from . (DIRECT FROM GOOGLE.) 2.  Drop the file on the root of your SD card.  (Meaning, don’t put it in any folder.) *MAKE SURE IT’S NAMED UPDATE.ZIP! 3.  Turn your phone off. 4.  Press and hold the Volume Down and Power at the same time to boot into HBOOT. 5.  When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.” 6.  Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.” 7.  When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. 8.  Using the volume button, scroll down to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it. 9.  Your phone will now update! 10.  It could take some time, so be patient.  When it reboots, you are on official 2.2.
I upgrade my Dinc to 2.2 and my wifes with NO issues Do a clean wipe of you device and sd card  Do at least two hardresets and your are good to go- also watch any software you install DO NOT I... See more...
I upgrade my Dinc to 2.2 and my wifes with NO issues Do a clean wipe of you device and sd card  Do at least two hardresets and your are good to go- also watch any software you install DO NOT Install any task killers at all 2.2 is good at controlling system resources we havebeen on 2.2 for about a week with no Issues. Battery Life is good Quadrant speed 1295 Speedtest   1.8 down 800 up touch is spot on Volume is great No issues with setting up mail i have 3 accounts 2 pop 1 imap GPS is exact and fast Your mileage may vary    
do a couple of hardresets reformat you sd card clean install any apps stay away from ATKs android works great without them. Mine works perfect battery life is great stop fixating on apps runni... See more...
do a couple of hardresets reformat you sd card clean install any apps stay away from ATKs android works great without them. Mine works perfect battery life is great stop fixating on apps running the if they aren't used they will put in background and use no resources give the OS time to to become efficient  android is very good at optimization  
  It shows 58% after almost 13 hours of moderate use ( several phone calls some downloads numerous emails )   I have only had the phone for two days but i am very happy so far as stated on pre... See more...
  It shows 58% after almost 13 hours of moderate use ( several phone calls some downloads numerous emails )   I have only had the phone for two days but i am very happy so far as stated on previous post i installed 2.2 as soon as i got the phone so i have no 2.1 experience   My quadrant score is 1292   speedtest speed 1.9 down 800 up   The screen has excellent resolution   touch screen sensitivity seems to be spot on   Good work HTC and Verizon
I came from the droid x nice idea for a phone Motorola hasn't a clue how to fix all the issues with the Droid X I fought that device for a month and a half Numerous issues battery, no volume, Blu... See more...
I came from the droid x nice idea for a phone Motorola hasn't a clue how to fix all the issues with the Droid X I fought that device for a month and a half Numerous issues battery, no volume, Blur is a joke compared to SenseUI   Luckily Verizon is  great company with some serious conversations they allowed me to get rid Of the Droid X ( they know it has some issues that are going to cause problems for their clients and at least for me my satisfaction is what their goal was to make sure I am a satisfied customer )   I have had my Dinc for  one day so far it has function perfectly i first flashed 2.2 hardreset a couple of times make sure it was a good clean install   I am very satisfied HTC has a better grasp on phone development Moto is just trying to keep itself from going bankrupt and are rushing their devices out the door they are hamstringing  Android which in my opinion is their biggest  problem   So for HTC senseUi Android 2.2 and sound hardware development put them way ahead of the Pack   I think in a few months their 4.3 in. device will be available and it will leave the X in it's dust   Thank You Verizon for be there to make sure your clients have the best service and hardware experience possible.
Here is a link to the same question I posted over at Moto the response is reminiscent of an Apple type response   https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/223395
Fix the Ringer Volume or buy the X back    All right enough of were fixing the issue in a future update   Issue a patch to 2.1 to resolve this issue or admit this is a hardware issue and ... See more...
Fix the Ringer Volume or buy the X back    All right enough of were fixing the issue in a future update   Issue a patch to 2.1 to resolve this issue or admit this is a hardware issue and start replacing or refunding which ever works best for each individual case!!!!!!   I don't won't to here 2.2 will remedy the issue until then what do i tell my clients  that can't reach me because i don't have dog ears to hear with.   I have done every work around possible i even copied some of my wifes ringtones from her Droid 2  does not make any difference ( the droid 2 is extremely loud ).   So give us an answer not Lip service.   This is a shame this device is close to excellent this is the only issue i am having and it is a Major Issue. we are starting on two months since release on a device that was designed with 2.2 in mind, Both the droid and Droid 2 have had 2.2 and also a patchs to remedy their issues give it to us straight were big boys and girls. Don't just read this post respond so verizon and Moto knows we are serious
Ringtone and volume issues --it's ttime to be heard   As they say speak now or forever hold your piece Apparently this issue is not being addressed because Verzion is not getting enough comp... See more...
Ringtone and volume issues --it's ttime to be heard   As they say speak now or forever hold your piece Apparently this issue is not being addressed because Verzion is not getting enough complaints well start complaining. this needs to be fixed or the X will become useless as a phone. Motorola Link https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32604?start=0&tstart=0    
Consider that the bloatware does offset some of the cost of the device and provides an avenue for Motorola and Verizon to make some profit   Then allow us after a period of time ( say 90 days) ... See more...
Consider that the bloatware does offset some of the cost of the device and provides an avenue for Motorola and Verizon to make some profit   Then allow us after a period of time ( say 90 days) to remove the bloatware we do not want or use  and way if we wish to reinstall if we choose to do so.   Sounds like a win win   Because right now the only thing driving the rooters is the removal of bloatware   The X is a very good device with 2.2  it should move close to excellent.