The question is, for those with the Verizon model of the LG Urbane 2nd Edition (W200V), still a superior SmartWatch in many regards, will we be seeing the OTA from 1.5 to 2.1?
I'm not sure it is true that LG is terrible about updates. Google the issue - however, I think you probably have a point about updates on our carrier. It seems products on other carriers get upda... Ver más...
I'm not sure it is true that LG is terrible about updates. Google the issue - however, I think you probably have a point about updates on our carrier. It seems products on other carriers get updates far sooner, when we either suffer long delays, or we don't receive them at all. I'm not sure why this is so.
Is there any chance you moved part of the live wallpaper to an SD card? If so, what happens when you bring it all back to Internal memory?
This should help you Remotely Reset Android Lock Screen Password and PIN
You wrote: If a person gets Go unlimited and they are constantly be deprioritized then they can simply upgrade to beyond. or they can choose from the 3 other national carries or several MVNOs th... Ver más...
You wrote: If a person gets Go unlimited and they are constantly be deprioritized then they can simply upgrade to beyond. or they can choose from the 3 other national carries or several MVNOs that exist. ALL carrier have deprioritzation by the way. No carrier can offer unfettered unlimited data. even at 1 Mbps one could theoretically use 325 GB a month. Also no one is going have 24/7 congestion. It would be better if they switched to a LIMITED plan. And no, they aren't getting 1Mbps. That would be quite decent for loading web-pages. No, they are often experiencing far far FAR slower speeds. In the description of the plan, they indicate video typically streams at 480p. That is a poorly written spec - what does "typically" mean in that context? Regardless, I don't think 1Mbps is quite sufficient for 480p without buffering / interruption. FWIW, if I've got the math correct,1.5Mbps (I think a better speed requirement estimate) translates to about 1GB of data transferred for a 2hour show at 480p. Other figures one might find for 480p suggests the speed be between 2 and 3Mbps for proper viewing.
They are not lying. The terms are laid out clearly. Also no where does it say you get unlimited SPEED. Go unlimited- can be deprioritized at ANY time there is congestion Beyond unlimited - c... Ver más...
They are not lying. The terms are laid out clearly. Also no where does it say you get unlimited SPEED. Go unlimited- can be deprioritized at ANY time there is congestion Beyond unlimited - can be deprioritized at ANY time there is congestion AFTER 22 GB Go unlimited hotspot/tethering 600 kbps MAX speed Beyond unlimited hotspot/tethering 600 kbps MAX speed AFTER 15 GB Very succinctly stated. Bravo. Except... There are some problems with this. For one, it is not possible to know a priori how congested the towers a person may wish or need to use actually are. Also, the concept of "congested" is really poorly defined and is dynamic. This cannot be known by the average person, only those involved in data shaping / bandwidth management. This also means, the average person does not know the specifics of de-prioritization. This is also poorly defined and can be dynamic. Some people are opting for "Go unlimited", and the end result - this effectively means, in the areas they expect service, they'll only experience de-prioritization at practically all hours (or at least the hours they are most likely wanting to use data) because of factors completely beyond their control. And while they may have expectations w.r.t. data speed, and while the carrier suggests speeds will be sufficient to stream, they are often lucky to be able to open a web-page. Is this really a viable / valuable plan offering? Lastly, putting speed expectations aside, and only speaking about the amount of data that can be exchanged on Go unlimited, i.e. the amount / limit part of the proposal, if you are being constantly de-prioritized and having effective speeds much less than dial-up at all the times you'd want to use data, well, realistically, how much data are you going to be able to effectively exchange in one month ? 1GB, 2GB, 5GB, 10, 20, 50?
I'm fairly certain that your issue is with your modem/router getting a new IP address from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Yes, the behavior would be that you'd still be able to access t... Ver más...
I'm fairly certain that your issue is with your modem/router getting a new IP address from your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Yes, the behavior would be that you'd still be able to access the camera/cameras from home when your phone is on the same WiFi, but when you leave home, the app on your phone needs to make contact with your WiFi camera(s), and needs to know the proper routing to your modem/router. You need to contact your Camera manufacturer, and ask them about this scenario, and specifically DDNS. Another possibility would be to enable the DDNS feature on your modem/router. If DDNS is not enabled on the cameras, it could be enabled on the modem/router. Ask them if they provide a DDNS Server for this purpose. Otherwise, I think there are some free on the web for a limited time, and then you have to pay for access. Frankly, for the money you pay for the cameras, you should get free/free DDNS service.
Were you ever able to leave the home and connect to your cameras? Did your cameras come with an instruction manual describing things like assigning IP addresses to cameras, port forwarding on... Ver más...
Were you ever able to leave the home and connect to your cameras? Did your cameras come with an instruction manual describing things like assigning IP addresses to cameras, port forwarding on your router, the use of DDNS (Dynamic DNS)? It's really hard to know from your description, what actual problem you are facing. I'm wagering that your ISP (internet service provider) gave your modem/router a particular IP address, and you used that address it connecting your app to the camera. The problem comes when your ISP gives your modem/router a new IP address. How does your application know how to make contact with your home's modem/router that your cameras are connected to? There is a means via DDNS to configure the cameras to periodically talk to an address (a server) out on the web and tell that server, the return routing to your camera. Then there are no problems when your ISP gives a new IP address to your modem/router. Then you configure the app on your phone to contact that server for IP address information.
I concur. I cannot see value in the Verizon Up program. And as evidenced by other posters in other posts, it's actually the exact opposite of an incentives program. The designer(s) of this progra... Ver más...
I concur. I cannot see value in the Verizon Up program. And as evidenced by other posters in other posts, it's actually the exact opposite of an incentives program. The designer(s) of this program should reach out to loyal customers and implement something valuable and wanted.
I just received the update to my V30 this afternoon, and a wonderful VZW Support Rep provided me the following info regarding the update. This list might be more informative than the typical upd... Ver más...
I just received the update to my V30 this afternoon, and a wonderful VZW Support Rep provided me the following info regarding the update. This list might be more informative than the typical update page (which should be updated soon). FWIW: My device says Android V7.1.2 / Android Security Patch Level December 1, 2017. 1. Android Security patch has been applied 2. LG preloaded Apps have been updated. 3. Changed landscape layout value. 4. Customer can see pop up when connected Wi-Fi network losses internet. 5. When WiFi is internet available status, Customer can see WiFi icon that Exclamation mark is removed. 6. Unprivileged application can delete arbitrary SMS threads. 7. Prevent crash of SystemUI when a malicious and unprivileged application starts SystemUILGBackupReceiver by force. 8. Add permission into applications not to be performed by 3rd party applications. 9. IMS crash under Android For Work would be fixed. 10. Increase the width of barcode for IMEI. 11. Making service calls with no parameters as a low-privilege user triggered unexpected system behaviors. 12. If user make VT call by LTE network, LTE icon is displayed on Call screen. 13. Even App with Material Theme, Navigation bar color is applied Theme color. 14. Device could notify charging status to user when starting wireless charging. 15. Increase brightness on AOD mode. 16. Icon of the button updated from triangle to square. 17. Change to AOD clock shift boundary. 18. Remove the "cinema" statement from the manual video size list. 19. Power consumption issue is occurred because Glink activity is not clear. Glink activity clear on abnormal status. 20. Wireless charging faster than before. 21. Remove to display "Activation complete", when updating PRL. 22. Play HDR contents normally.
And the warranty is conceptually extended by a year if it was purchased on a credit card that offers warranty extension (for example AMEX).
I'm not the OP. This has possibly been done by Samsung to make their sound sub-system more like that of others. It's a question that needs to be posed to Samsung.
This may help: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-activate-iphone-without-sim-3643294/
I'd contact Samsung tech support. I highly doubt Verizon disabled that feature.
How about it Verizon? Are we going to get AW2.0 on the LG Urbane 2nd Ed Smartwatch?
My reaction was the same as Ann154's. Try connecting to 2.4GHz. The specs here suggests it supports 5GHz as well, but... Google Home Tech Specs - Google Store
I think you need to install a third-party app like Skype, WhatsApp, GoogleDuo, or Tango (as examples) to do Video calling.
Yep - you HAVE to back up your content and perform the FDR to see if that fixes the issue. If it does not, then Samsung would have messed up a good thing. I'm hoping for your sake, they did not. ... Ver más...
Yep - you HAVE to back up your content and perform the FDR to see if that fixes the issue. If it does not, then Samsung would have messed up a good thing. I'm hoping for your sake, they did not. After backing up pictures and music and things, just jot down your downloaded and necessary programs, gather your email and account info, other app credentials (login username and psw). Power down. remove an SD card if you have one. Perform the FDR. It won't be that painful. First of the year is a good time to re-organize and clean house anyway.
Really sorry. Remember, this is predominately a peer-to-peer forum. Perhaps a VZW rep will address your concern, but I highly doubt they will have more information than the department you got ess... Ver más...
Really sorry. Remember, this is predominately a peer-to-peer forum. Perhaps a VZW rep will address your concern, but I highly doubt they will have more information than the department you got essentially no actionable information from. You seem to know the company that is putting up the tower. If they don't know who will be leasing access to mount equipment on it (?), I thought perhaps your local government would have some idea. Good luck to you.
Check to make sure that if you have a case on the phone, it is not preventing the full insertion of your earphones. Try another set of earphones. Yours may no longer be working properly. Si... Ver más...
Check to make sure that if you have a case on the phone, it is not preventing the full insertion of your earphones. Try another set of earphones. Yours may no longer be working properly. If neither of the above fix the issue, then perhaps the earphone port on the phone is broken. If that's the case, consider using Bluetooth... There are very inexpensive A2DP BT Receivers on Amazon that can convert a pair of earphones into a wireless set. As an example, Search for A2DP Bluetooth Adapter. Amazon.com: TaoTronics Bluetooth Receiver / Car Kit, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter 3.5mm Aux Stereo Output (Bluetooth … Good luck.