Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,381 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

peakcomp's Posts

That is dumb.  100% dumb.  Thanks Google!  blah
I know exactly what you are talking about.  They have combined the text & phone call ringtone volume levels as ONE now!  it used to be separate!  now you have to have your Incoming Call ringt... See more...
I know exactly what you are talking about.  They have combined the text & phone call ringtone volume levels as ONE now!  it used to be separate!  now you have to have your Incoming Call ringtone and your incoming text tone the SAME volume.  Which is dumb.  I want my ringer LOUD and my text tone medium!  - not possible anymore since this update!  Now, the question to HTC is:  Why on earth would they CHANGE that from the previous OS version?  I mean seriously?!  K
I as well have had the browser screen becoming choppy and then just white!  But, interestingly enough..I am not using the Stock Browser  - I am using the Dolphin Browser!  I also have been ha... See more...
I as well have had the browser screen becoming choppy and then just white!  But, interestingly enough..I am not using the Stock Browser  - I am using the Dolphin Browser!  I also have been having network connectivity issues.  Especially when I am locked onto 3g only.  It has what I like to refer to as "brain farts" where the phone just seems to upload only, but won't download..so, I have to refresh the page 100 times before it wakes up and continues browsing!  I have heard rumors that there is an authentication issue that VZW isn't acknowledging - one method with 3g and another different method with 4g and they often conflict thus causing the random drop of connection to the network!  It becomes frustrating!  I have had them send me a new SIM and battery cover (for the antenna)...and it improved it a bit..but it may be the placebo effect as well... The ICS update is crap.  100% crap.  Long awaited and no improvements.  blah K
I as well have downloaded and updated to  the long awaited ICS update.  I have had the SIM card not installed error, and it seems less battery life! 
Verizon has had a long, long history of receiving returned phones via fedex...and many many people do not keep their tracking information and then they attempt to bill the customer for $$$ becaus... See more...
Verizon has had a long, long history of receiving returned phones via fedex...and many many people do not keep their tracking information and then they attempt to bill the customer for $$$ because they never 'received it'... If you have your tracking information, and refuse to credit the returned phone charge...I would start filing reports with BBB, FTC, and your state's Attorney General's office.  Verizon will surely respond then.  I see no excuse not to credit you due to their lack of proper processing of your return.  Especially with a tracking number and proof of delivery.  K
I have a friend who has the Incredible...and hasn't even updated to GB yet...and, he is constantly complaining about the laggy call connect.  It's weird.  I can actually hear it kick in after ans... See more...
I have a friend who has the Incredible...and hasn't even updated to GB yet...and, he is constantly complaining about the laggy call connect.  It's weird.  I can actually hear it kick in after answering..   Hello, Hello?  lol   K
I have had the delay in call pickup since I owned the device. I would say its gotten worse since gingerbread tho
I did a factory reset, and the update took fine.     K
I am not sure what everyone is talking about in reference to 4.08 or 4.06 but I'm assuming the software build number... 4.08 I think was froyo. 4.06.605.3 is the Gingerbread software with probl... See more...
I am not sure what everyone is talking about in reference to 4.08 or 4.06 but I'm assuming the software build number... 4.08 I think was froyo. 4.06.605.3 is the Gingerbread software with problems. And finally 4.06.605.2 is the fix for all the gingerbread problems. .2 is a 8.6 mb file to fix the issues with the .3 release. If can't be pulled because I am continually downloading it today from their servers. It just won't install...but does download to my phone. There was a problem with the .2 before where it errored due to needing more space when there was lots of space. Nowwww it just isn't installing. I know I am waiting to hear from HTC myself. In the meantime I am continually downloading and attempting to install his .2 release. With no luck
Go set your date to 11/23/11. Then set time to 12:23 pm. Then go and turn off background data. Then go to check for updates..mine usually didn't say I had one...get out of check for updates....go ... See more...
Go set your date to 11/23/11. Then set time to 12:23 pm. Then go and turn off background data. Then go to check for updates..mine usually didn't say I had one...get out of check for updates....go back in and mine was always downloading. Make sure u stay at 12:23 pm. Lol
Well, you could call HTC back and tell them that I just had an 'escalation report" taken...and they are supposed to call me back...   They took all my info, and ESN # of my phone.  The lady on ... See more...
Well, you could call HTC back and tell them that I just had an 'escalation report" taken...and they are supposed to call me back...   They took all my info, and ESN # of my phone.  The lady on the phone didn't have any technical experience tho...but, said it isn't on their known issues list for this update.   Verizon won't talk to me, they transfer to HTC immediately.     K
So...I followed the instructions from a previous poster about turning off background data, and setting the date/time to something with 3 in it...and poof..I had the update..  The .2 version that ... See more...
So...I followed the instructions from a previous poster about turning off background data, and setting the date/time to something with 3 in it...and poof..I had the update..  The .2 version that is 8.6 MB...   Before when I had the update, it tried to install and cancelled because I "didn't have enough space"...NOW, it downloads but says it is rebooting the phone in ten seconds, but DOESN'T!    I called HTC today, they took a report and someone will be contacting me shortly.  They said this is a new problem they aren't aware of.     Of course, they told me to do a factory reset...but, truly..I didn't!  lol   K
So, I am in the same situation.  My boyfriend's phone updated fine.  Mine tried to install, then said not enough room for the update?  When I have lots of space for the 9 MB file!   So, I calle... See more...
So, I am in the same situation.  My boyfriend's phone updated fine.  Mine tried to install, then said not enough room for the update?  When I have lots of space for the 9 MB file!   So, I called VZW today..then transfered me to HTC...who told me that Verizon has pulled the update for the day, because of the some people experiencing the problem that I have...but, it should resume tomorrow he said...the update will be pushed again to our phones.     We will see.     K
So, both myself and my boyfriend received the update fix file..not Gingerbread..but the 9 MB file or whatever to fix our problems with Gingerbread...   Both him and I downloaded it and started ... See more...
So, both myself and my boyfriend received the update fix file..not Gingerbread..but the 9 MB file or whatever to fix our problems with Gingerbread...   Both him and I downloaded it and started to install it at the same time...his worked fine.  Mine attempted to install it, then reset and came back to the main desktop and shows a notification that the update couldn't be applied because there isn't enough 'room' on my phone for the 9 MB file?!?!     I have 200+ MB on the phone available and many GB on the SD card available.     Question is now, HOW DO I GET THE UPDATE AGAIN?  The notification is gone, and my phone shows 'up to date"...   I have tried the checkin process many times, and nothing still..I surely hope I am not on the waiting game for a month again!     K
Any word on when we can expect an update for the poor battery life, and the lack of speech to text since the Gingerbread update?     Or, has it been reported to HTC so they are aware they need ... See more...
Any word on when we can expect an update for the poor battery life, and the lack of speech to text since the Gingerbread update?     Or, has it been reported to HTC so they are aware they need to get an update out to those of us that don't have the battery life any more or speech to text?   K
THAT doesn't surprise me!  But will try it!     ken
Just got through doing that procedure about 4 hrs ago...
Already hard reset and cleared the system cache too.
Both myself and my boyfriend have downloaded and installed the new Gingerbread update for our Droid Incredible.  We are experiencing poor battery life.  I take my phone off the charger at 130pm a... See more...
Both myself and my boyfriend have downloaded and installed the new Gingerbread update for our Droid Incredible.  We are experiencing poor battery life.  I take my phone off the charger at 130pm and by 5 pm it is in yellow.  We are also experiencing "low on space" warning when truly there is 500+ MB available!     We are also experiencing slow/no sync with Gmail.  We can manually sync it, but it doesn't seem to sync on it's own..   Ken
I have called and emailed everyone around the 15th of the month.  First I started with Verizon.  I was told the push actually comes from HTC.  I emailed HTC and they told me GOOGLE pushes the upd... See more...
I have called and emailed everyone around the 15th of the month.  First I started with Verizon.  I was told the push actually comes from HTC.  I emailed HTC and they told me GOOGLE pushes the update in bits and pieces...   FYI:  minor changes in GB too...Fast boot, darker different icons in the notification bar and POOR battery life!   Ken