Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,998 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Ptmc518's Posts

Details please. What happens when you try to send pictures?  Any error message?
Sounds like Usage Controls setup on your account. Usage Controls FAQs | Verizon Wireless
If you are going to court and have a lawyer, you should be able to get a court order.  Contact Verizon Legal: Legal Process Compliance Legal Process Compliance Responds to lawful process ... See more...
If you are going to court and have a lawyer, you should be able to get a court order.  Contact Verizon Legal: Legal Process Compliance Legal Process Compliance Responds to lawful process of business information, customer telephone and IP information. Ensures court orders, search warrants, subpoenas and other legal document requests are processed confidentially and in compliance with all applicable laws. Coordinates court appearances for Verizon Custodian of Records. See also: Verizon Online Civil Subpoena Policy (pdf) Contact Number: 1-888-483-2600 Fax Number: 325-949-6916 Mailing Address Verizon Legal Compliance Custodian of Record 2701 S. Johnson Street MC-TXD01613 San Angelo, TX 76904 Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
They're planning on releasing it in mid-2015: Verizon Wireless (NYSE: VZ) plans to introduce Wi-Fi calling in the middle of next year but does not see an urgent need for it, according to Veriz... See more...
They're planning on releasing it in mid-2015: Verizon Wireless (NYSE: VZ) plans to introduce Wi-Fi calling in the middle of next year but does not see an urgent need for it, according to Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo. Speaking at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference, Shammo noted that Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support Wi-Fi calling. He said Verizon needs to do "some technological work in our network to make it available," and it should come around the middle of next year. However, he said Wi-Fi calling was "never a top priority" for Verizon. "We built our voice platform so extensively [that] there was never a need for us to tell our customers, 'Oh, our network is not good enough so you need to go on Wi-Fi to complete your call.'" He noted that when a call goes onto a Wi-Fi network, it's difficult for Verizon to guarantee the quality of service on that call, which is what Verizon has built its brand reputation on. That's a major reason Verizon waited so long to launch Voice over LTE service--it wanted to make sure it had adequate coverage that could replicate the voice experience of calls on its 3G CDMA network. Verizon has just started rolling out VoLTE service. Other carriers are moving ahead with Wi-Fi calling plans. Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T's Mobile & Business Solutions Group,  said last week that AT&T will launch Wi-Fi calling in 2015 but that the carrier will use it only as a complement to Voice over LTE or 3G-based calling. "We don't have this burning desire" to use it to enhance coverage, he said. The comments were notable in light of T-Mobile US' (NYSE:TMUS) announcement this week that heavily emphasized Wi-Fi calling and using personal routers to create Wi-Fi coverage areas in subscribers' homes. T-Mobile is the first and only U.S. carrier to support Wi-Fi calling on the new iPhone. Sprint (NYSE: S) also launched a Wi-Fi calling service for its Android smartphones this past February. In terms of other hot topics, Shammo said Verizon would not be leasing phones, as Sprint is doing with its "iPhone for life" offering with the new iPhones. Under that program, individual customers will pay $20 a month for a 16 GB iPhone 6, instead of $30 under normal financing. At the end of 24 months, they can trade in their iPhone for a new iPhone. The iPhone 6 Plus will cost $25 per month under this program instead of $35 under normal financing. If a customer wants an iPhone with more internal storage they will pay more per month. The leasing program applies to families as well. Shammo said Verizon offers its Edge handset-financing and early-upgrade program but that the "majority" of Verizon customers are still choosing subsidized handsets paired with two-year contracts. In contrast, AT&T said sales through its similar Next program represented around 50 percent of all smartphone sales in the second quarter. Shammo also touched on whether Verizon might sell its wireless-tower assets, saying the company remains open to it. In the past, doing a deal "always came down to price and terms and conditions," which he said have become more favorable. He said that Verizon's network is experiencing high demand and that the company would like to retain the flexibility to add towers or add network gear to existing towers. "It's an option for us," he said. "We continue to look at it, and we'll see what happens." Last week at a separate investor conference, Verizon Communciations CEO Lowell McAdam also said the company would be open to selling some of its towers if the price was right. "Those deals are coming to us a little more now, and if an opportunity presented itself to increase shareholder value" Verizon would be interested in pursuing it, McAdam said, according to Reuters. McAdam said Verizon received interest in its towers two years ago, but the bids weren't high enough. http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/verizon-wireless-plans-launch-wi-fi-calling-mid-2015/2014-09-17
I know that you can have the device charged to your bill, but I'm not sure if the full amount is due at the end of the cycle or not.  Best bet would probably be to call VZW and ask them.  What I ... See more...
I know that you can have the device charged to your bill, but I'm not sure if the full amount is due at the end of the cycle or not.  Best bet would probably be to call VZW and ask them.  What I did was, I have a credit card that has 0 apr for 12 months so I charged it to that and then it was paid off to VZW and I just paid it off in 12 months to my cc.
Do you have a computer with iTunes?  You should be able to plug the phone into your computer and activate it there.  The below steps are for an iPhone 4S but should be the same for iPhone 6/6+: ... See more...
Do you have a computer with iTunes?  You should be able to plug the phone into your computer and activate it there.  The below steps are for an iPhone 4S but should be the same for iPhone 6/6+: Step 2 - Activate iPhone You can activate your new iPhone wirelessly using a Wi-Fi® connection or with iTunes. Turn on your new iPhone by pressing the On / Off button. Follow the Setup Assistant on-screen instructions to select a Wi-Fi network and activate your device. If no Wi-Fi network is available, tap Connect to iTunes. Ensure you have the latest version of iTunes. If you are new to iTunes, you will need to download the latest version from the Apple® website. Business and government customers: Please work with your IT department to ensure you are using an approved version of iTunes for your business or agency. When prompted, review the Software License Agreement and, if you agree, click Agree to continue. Once activation is complete, a message will display on your iPhone. Complete the remaining steps of the Setup Assistant, including restoring data from your iTunes or iCloud backup, if applicable. Notes: It may take up to three minutes to complete activation. If you ordered iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 8GB by phone, you will receive a text message when activation is complete, which will include instructions to dial *228 and press Call from your device to accept the Verizon Wireless Customer Agreement. iPhone will be ready for use once this step is complete.
I have Xfinity and it works fine.  Have you called Comcast?  Are you only experiencing slow speeds on your phone or on all devices?  On my iPhone, my Wifi was a slow so I did a full reset of my i... See more...
I have Xfinity and it works fine.  Have you called Comcast?  Are you only experiencing slow speeds on your phone or on all devices?  On my iPhone, my Wifi was a slow so I did a full reset of my internet and then reset my phone's network settings.  This seemed to speed things up. To reset internet: Unplug wireless router electricity and then follow the below steps.  If you have phone service and your modem is also used for phone, it has a battery so you have to hit the reset button, you cannot just unplug its electricity: Cable Modem Users Reset your cable modem by pressing and holding down the reset button, located on the front or back of your modem, for five seconds. If there’s no reset button, then power cycle your modem. To power cycle your modem: Shut down your computer. Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet. Wait 10 seconds, then plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet. Unplug your router from the electrical outlet. Plug your router back in. Wait 30 seconds, then turn your computer back on. XFINITY Internet & Voice Modem Users Shut down your computer Find the reset button on the back of the unit. Use a pen or any pointed, non-metallic object to press the reset button until you see the lights on the front of the unit go off. Release the reset button and wait for the unit to cycle up (this may take up to five minutes). Unplug your router from the electrical outlet. Plug your router back in. Wait 30 seconds, then turn your computer back on. Reset phone's network settings.
The only way to buy a phone and keep unlimited data is to buy the phone outright at full retail.  Verizon will not let you keep your unlimited data if you sign a new contract or want to buy a pho... See more...
The only way to buy a phone and keep unlimited data is to buy the phone outright at full retail.  Verizon will not let you keep your unlimited data if you sign a new contract or want to buy a phone at a discounted rate.
Hi, to do the trade in you go here.  Verizon will send you an addressed envelope to mail it in.  When you go to the above link, it will ask questions: Does the device turn on and off? Yes ... See more...
Hi, to do the trade in you go here.  Verizon will send you an addressed envelope to mail it in.  When you go to the above link, it will ask questions: Does the device turn on and off? Yes No Is the LCD screen free of cracks and functioning correctly? Yes No Is the device and connecting ports free of visible corrosion and water damage? Yes No Is the device and charging port free of cracks, dents, and not missing any pieces/chunks? Yes No A promotional trade-in offer is available for customers who purchase a new Apple iPhone 6 or Apple iPhone 6 Plus with Verizon Wireless and submit a trade-in request for an iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S) that is in good working condition by 9/30/14. Are you purchasing a new Apple iPhone 6 or Apple iPhone 6 Plus with Verizon Wireless and submitting a trade-in request for an iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S) that is in good working condition? Yes No Customer must be in good standing at time of trade-in. Gift card may take 4-6 weeks only for these promotional trades. Is the Activation Lock turned off (e.g. Find My iPhone)? Yes No After filling it out, Verizon will offer you a price for your phone (for the iPhone 6 promo, should be $200 for iPhone 4/4S/5/5C and $300 for iPhone 5S).  You'll have 30 days to send it in to Verizon in order to get the gift card for your phone.  Here's the fine print from the above link: Before you ship your device, please note the following: Manufacturer, model and condition must be accurately described in the appraisal process. The device cannot be returned to you. The device must be received within 30 days of appraisal completion or the value is subject to change. Delete all personal information and data stored on your device prior to shipping. If device is operating iOS7, your AppleID must be used to remove the Find My iPhone application to reset to factory setting. Devices that have been reported as lost or stolen are not eligible and if submitted will not be returned. Important -- you must deactivate service on all devices before shipping.
I'm on unlimited data with an iPhone 5 and I have the same problem.  I have 5 bars (or dots) of service and still get slow as molasses speeds.  Verizon should be glad us unlimited data users are ... See more...
I'm on unlimited data with an iPhone 5 and I have the same problem.  I have 5 bars (or dots) of service and still get slow as molasses speeds.  Verizon should be glad us unlimited data users are still customers, we're some of the oldest customers they have.  I've never heard that throttling doesn't include 4G, I think the rep above is either clueless or lying (most likely lying) to try and put this to rest.  Per this link.  Verizon is throttling as an incentive to limit usage.  That doesn't even make sense to me.  Why would I be paying for a smartphone and data if I'm not going to use it?  Do they throttle people that subscribe to higher tiered data services?  Unlimited users are using the same amounts as them, oh I see the problem, Unlimited data users aren't charged an overage fee for going over an overpriced cap so Verizon doesn't make any extra money on us.  I feel a class action lawsuit coming along.  I understand this is bandwidth that Verizon is throttling, not data but I feel that all users should be treated equally.  If Verizon's network can't handle the use then get somebody who can manage the network properly to take over or build it up to handle it. Today, I checked my speed using speedtest.net's app, I had 5 bars of service and was outside.  My Download speed is .70 Mbps and my upload is .01 Mbps.  My mother, who is on her own plan and has 2 GB of data/month did the same thing and got 10.83 Mbps down and 8.87 Mbps up.  This is criminal and I don't see any reason why Verizon is allowed to get away with this.  I pay my bill monthly, always on time and I have been with Verizon since I moved out on my own and got my own plan and have excellent coverage, but Verizon is just spitting back in the face of its users because they can't charge us overage fees.  It's all about greed and Verizon is proving that it's one of the greediest, dirtiest companies out there.
I'd say go int to Settings and turn off App Background Refresh for apps you don't need refreshing themselves, turn off location services for apps that don't need your location.  This article prov... See more...
I'd say go int to Settings and turn off App Background Refresh for apps you don't need refreshing themselves, turn off location services for apps that don't need your location.  This article provides a lot of good tips on how to save data.
Steps to restore the phone can be found here from Apple's support site.
Wifi isn't something supplied by Verizon Wireless.  Call your internet provider.
Do a reboot of the phone by holding the power and home button down together for 10 seconds.  The phone should reboot itself and you can try the update over.
First you can try to force reboot your phone.  To do this: 1. Hold down the sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously. 2. Let go when the Apple logo appears and the iPhone is booting u... See more...
First you can try to force reboot your phone.  To do this: 1. Hold down the sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously. 2. Let go when the Apple logo appears and the iPhone is booting up. If that doesn't work, you might need to hook the phone up to your computer and do a full restore through iTunes.
Do you mean the password for your Apple ID?  As in to purchase apps through the Apple App Store?  Here is Apple's page to manage your Apple ID, including resetting the password.
On my iPhone 5 using iOS 7 it's in Settings>Notification Center and then all the way on the bottom of that page is 'Amber Alerts' and 'Emergency Alerts.'
I just checked again now and they are now showing up, issue resolved.
I also have them saved in iCloud but wanted to have them backed up here as well.  Does it maybe take a day or two for them to show up?  I assumed they should just show up right away.  Thank you i... See more...
I also have them saved in iCloud but wanted to have them backed up here as well.  Does it maybe take a day or two for them to show up?  I assumed they should just show up right away.  Thank you in advance for your replies. 
Are you seeing the duplicate contacts just on your phone or on the iCloud website as well?  Also, if you're syncing contacts with iTunes and also iCloud, this can cause duplicates.  Apple support... See more...
Are you seeing the duplicate contacts just on your phone or on the iCloud website as well?  Also, if you're syncing contacts with iTunes and also iCloud, this can cause duplicates.  Apple support has a link here that shows some possible causes and solutions for this issue.