Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,962 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Ptmc518's Posts

If he is using iMessage to text friends/family with an iPhone, it does use data.  He must me sending a LOT of text messages though because an iMessage is a very small amount.  For phone calls... See more...
If he is using iMessage to text friends/family with an iPhone, it does use data.  He must me sending a LOT of text messages though because an iMessage is a very small amount.  For phone calls, the only thing I could think of that would use data like that would be Facetime calling or a 3rd party app to call, which also would use data.  So he could turn off iMessage to be able to text away from home but wont get the texts as iMessages.
It should be unlocked automatically from Verizon, the Brazilian carrier would need to help.
I think that if you synced the app with your Facebook account on the old phone it should restore your progress on the new phone.  If not, then you're stuck at the beginning.
As the previous poster stated, look in settings > Cellular to see.  Also, turn off Background App Refresh for apps that use a lot of data.  This isn't Verizon swindling you or adding extra data u... See more...
As the previous poster stated, look in settings > Cellular to see.  Also, turn off Background App Refresh for apps that use a lot of data.  This isn't Verizon swindling you or adding extra data usage, it's the phone using it.  Can find some ways to minimalize it here. How to Reduce Your iPhone’s Cellular Data Usage >> Post edited by Verizon Moderator for conciseness <<
What happens when you try to access?  Is there a specific error message or something that you receive?
Is the phone Activation Locked by the previous owner?  If so then I don't think you can do anything with it.  Did you try contacting Apple and giving them the IMEI number on the back?  They may b... See more...
Is the phone Activation Locked by the previous owner?  If so then I don't think you can do anything with it.  Did you try contacting Apple and giving them the IMEI number on the back?  They may be able to find the owner for you.
Do you get the badge whenever you have a missed call? or does that now show up either?  If you go into Settings > Notifications > Phone - you can see there if 'Badge App Icon' is turned on or not... See more...
Do you get the badge whenever you have a missed call? or does that now show up either?  If you go into Settings > Notifications > Phone - you can see there if 'Badge App Icon' is turned on or not.
What do you mean a switchboard?  What do you hear when the calls are forwarded?  Does your employer possibly offer an employee discount?
Does your child have an iPhone?  iMessages won't show up
Through Changing PIN While in Backup Assistant, press the right soft key to choose OK. Press the left soft key to choose Options. Select Change PIN then press the center of the 5-way navigati... See more...
Through Changing PIN While in Backup Assistant, press the right soft key to choose OK. Press the left soft key to choose Options. Select Change PIN then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad. Enter the incorrect old PIN then press the right soft key to choose Next. If the PIN is incorrectly entered 3 times in a row, the account is locked for 15 minutes. Enter any 4 digit number then press the right soft key to choose Next. From the 'Change PIN' screen, press the right soft key to choose OK. From the '! Error' screen, press the right soft key to choose OK. Press #. Source
It's very simple to activate, the only difference really would be adding TouchID, which the iPhone 5 doesn't have.  I would plug it in to charge because if you're restoring from an iCloud bac... See more...
It's very simple to activate, the only difference really would be adding TouchID, which the iPhone 5 doesn't have.  I would plug it in to charge because if you're restoring from an iCloud backup, which would contain your apps layout and things, it may take a while to download and the battery probably won't be at 100% out of the box.
Not sure if this helps but you can merge contacts on your phone: Merging Duplicate Contacts in iOS The feature is actually called “Link Contacts”, which is perhaps why it’s not widely used an... See more...
Not sure if this helps but you can merge contacts on your phone: Merging Duplicate Contacts in iOS The feature is actually called “Link Contacts”, which is perhaps why it’s not widely used and often overlooked, here is how to use it: From the Phone app or the Contacts app, open the contact you wish to merge other duplicate contacts with Tap on the “Edit” button Scroll down to find “Linked Contacts”, then tap on the green plus icon “(+) link contacts…” to link/merge the contact with another Locate the contact to merge (either a duplicate or a changed addressee) and tap on the name, then tap on “Link” in the corner Repeat for more than one duplicate, otherwise tap on “Done” to finish the merging
Did you maybe block them by accident? Go into Settings > Messages > Blocked it should give a list of blocked numbers.  You can swipe the number to the left and tap on 'Unblock' to unblock th... See more...
Did you maybe block them by accident? Go into Settings > Messages > Blocked it should give a list of blocked numbers.  You can swipe the number to the left and tap on 'Unblock' to unblock them.  If you don't have them blocked, they may have you blocked.
This is what I found on the Apple Support Communities: The Verizon problem isn't the phone. The problem with Verizon is they will not allow phones on their network that were not purchased for ... See more...
This is what I found on the Apple Support Communities: The Verizon problem isn't the phone. The problem with Verizon is they will not allow phones on their network that were not purchased for use on their network. This is entirely a Verizon issue. Sprint recently changed their policy (as part of an industry-wide agreement), and they will unlock a phone that has met its commitments for use on any GSM network. Unfortunately, a lot of Sprint CSRs haven't read the memo, so you may have some difficulty getting it unlocked. But if you persevere you can probably make it happen. For the 5S and Sprint the situation is the same. However, all Verizon 5 series and 6 series phones are unlocked out of the box, even before you meet your commitment.
Yes.  I would contact them to setup your service as normal and tell them you want to port your old number.  Make sure Verizon doesn't turn off your account.  If they do, then the number may no lo... See more...
Yes.  I would contact them to setup your service as normal and tell them you want to port your old number.  Make sure Verizon doesn't turn off your account.  If they do, then the number may no longer be available to port.  The account shouldn't close until after the number is ported, and again, you're still responsible for the balance.
@ledererster I think if they receive a request from another carrier they are obligated to port the number.  FCC.gov: Fees and charges Companies may charge their customers fees to recover th... See more...
@ledererster I think if they receive a request from another carrier they are obligated to port the number.  FCC.gov: Fees and charges Companies may charge their customers fees to recover the costs that they incur in providing number portability. Ask the new company whether it charges any number portability fees and whether those fees can be waived. Companies may not refuse to port a number because a consumer has not paid for porting. Once you request service from a new company, your old company can't refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee; however, you are still obligated to pay any unpaid balances or fees, if applicable. Having worked for a telecommunications company previously, I know that whenever we got a request from another company to port a number to them, we were not allowed to refuse.  I think the rep you spoke to was misinformed. I would contact your new carrier and have them submit the request through their processes.  Verizon should receive the request and will have to comply.
You shouldn't have to enter a password to access voicemail on an iPhone.  Or do you mean to unlock your phone to access your voicemail?  For me, I just tap on the Phone app, choose Voicemail and ... See more...
You shouldn't have to enter a password to access voicemail on an iPhone.  Or do you mean to unlock your phone to access your voicemail?  For me, I just tap on the Phone app, choose Voicemail and then tap on the VM message on my phone.
Call Verizon and ask to file a complaint
I know when I've gotten calls from them I usually get a call from an automated system a little while later that you can do a survey to provide positive feedback.  I forget the number because it's... See more...
I know when I've gotten calls from them I usually get a call from an automated system a little while later that you can do a survey to provide positive feedback.  I forget the number because it's been a while, but it was within 10-15 mins. of hanging up with VZW.