Eric, let me jump in here. I too spent copious amount of time on many many calls with Verizon and Winegard. The net result was, yes, the Winegard product does support a Verizon SIM however it needs... Ver más...
Eric, let me jump in here. I too spent copious amount of time on many many calls with Verizon and Winegard. The net result was, yes, the Winegard product does support a Verizon SIM however it needs to be activated correctly with a data plan only with the correct product type in the VZ systems.. I had mine working albeit it was inconsistent with network service - it registered on the Verizon network but it was setup incorrectly on the VZ network system and kept disconnecting from the network when VZ back end systems do a sweep for unrecognized or suspicious devices on their network. In the end, after speaking to VZ product to get a Winegard setup on their billing system, and VZ 3rd line support couldn't reconfigure the original SIM so I needed to go to a VZ store and get a new VZ SIM, re-associate the new SIM with the Winegard and have it re provisioned from scratch.   My setup is now 3 phones with unlimited data plus one data plan SIM ( winegard) with a 15gb or 22 gb cap ( they say its unlimited but you get knocked down to 600kb once you get to the cap. OK for email but not for streaming netflix. We ended up using our hotspot data on our phones with the Winegard  and swapping between our 3 phones to use up our unlimited plans by the end of the billing cycle then go back over to the data plan SIM.  Hope that helps. best, William 
I can confirm that I did manage to get the Winegard working on Verizon, albeit with countless hours on 2nd lien and 3rd line support and making a trip to a Verizon store to get a replacement SIM ! M... See more...
I can confirm that I did manage to get the Winegard working on Verizon, albeit with countless hours on 2nd lien and 3rd line support and making a trip to a Verizon store to get a replacement SIM ! My setup was 3 phones which I ported over from AT&T plus one data sim for the Winegard. Unfortunately when the service was first activated, the phones went smoothly but the data sim was activated as a Verizon Jetpack in their system as Winegard wasnt available as a compatible device. It was semi active in that I managed to get service intermitently but each night it would be blocked and resulted in me calling Verizon - like 15 times over the course of 3 weeks. The process was as follows: 1. updated the latest system software and modem firmware on the Winegard to enable the "change provider" action to take place. 2.. Winegard had not been setup in Verizons product catalogue / database. I managed to find a 2nd line team to fill in a new product form and submit this to have the Winegard WF-435 added ( c.4 weeks ago now). 2. the orignal Verizon SIM that I had in the WInegard was caught in an incomplete activation state as the Verizon systems did not recognise it. Each night, a sweeping process takes place to block things on the network which dont look right - and my sim was being blocked or reset. The only expedient way to break the cycle was to go to a Verizon retail store and pickup a new SIM, switch it out int he Winegard and provide the new sim ID and the WF-435 IMEI to Verizon again to have it re-activated.   These steps enabled a complete activation cycle on the Verizon network and we havnt had any nightly resets/ or blocking. The tech support verified that it was activated completely. It stills shows up as a Jetpack in My Verizon app but then under that label Winegard WF435 is shown.  I hope that helps as I know how frustrating and time consuming this can be. best of luck W   
I have had the same problem and had updated the Winegard system software and modem firmware to the latest versions. From this, I was able to connect to Verizon, however, I have been experiencing disc... Ver más...
I have had the same problem and had updated the Winegard system software and modem firmware to the latest versions. From this, I was able to connect to Verizon, however, I have been experiencing disconnects from the Verizon network and getting "Denied Access" on the Winegard. After spending 8 hours of phone calls into tier 2 network support at Verizon, it appears that the Winegard device is not being fully activated on the Verizon network - it shows a "pending create" state to Verizon when the Winegard is showing "Connected"  on my end. This issue results in daily disconnects and inconsistent connectivity  I have power cycled the Winegard device countless times. Verizon states they have no support details on the Winegard device so cannot diagnose the problem - they simply cannot see it connecting to the network and therefore we have to raise a ticket with Winegard directly. So, I think Winegard stating that this device supports the Verizon network is way over stated. I will continue to pursue this and see if I can get a call back from Winegard support to resolve the issue with a patch or the like.