Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,181 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

lmwsport7's Posts

I agree - which appears to conflict with this statement from the VZW rep above: "vzw_customer_support Sep 16, 2015 8:21 AM (in response to lmwsport7) lmwsport7, upgrading to a new phone is an... See more...
I agree - which appears to conflict with this statement from the VZW rep above: "vzw_customer_support Sep 16, 2015 8:21 AM (in response to lmwsport7) lmwsport7, upgrading to a new phone is an exciting time. I understand wanting to get a definitive answer to the appraisal value of your iPhone 5s. Having the option to trade in your device towards a credit is a great one. The value is not tied to your account payment method or plan. At times the appraisal value can change due to promotions we are running or any agreements we have with Apple. The values are subject to change at any time."
this is my issue...depending on how I choose to pay for my new phone and whether I'm signed in and identified as an existing customer changes the appraisal value: Not signed in (new customer),... See more...
this is my issue...depending on how I choose to pay for my new phone and whether I'm signed in and identified as an existing customer changes the appraisal value: Not signed in (new customer), device payment plan for phone - $300 Not signed in (new customer), pay phone in full - $200 Signed in (existing customer), current plan upgrade/2 yr price for phone - $300 Signed in (existing customer), pay in full - $200
Found the answer - in VERY VERY fine print: "New smartphone device payment activation/upgrade & port-in req’d . $100 bill credit applied w/in w/in 2-3 billing cycles. Trade-in must be in go... See more...
Found the answer - in VERY VERY fine print: "New smartphone device payment activation/upgrade & port-in req’d . $100 bill credit applied w/in w/in 2-3 billing cycles. Trade-in must be in good working condition." Glad no one from Verizon could tell me this.
I've done that - I'm trying to determine which is the correct appraisal value, as the Verizon value keeps changing.
If tied to promotions or Apple agreements, the values shouldn't change from $300 to $200 to $300 in the course on 15 mins though.  $100 is a big difference and will change whether I trade-in with... See more...
If tied to promotions or Apple agreements, the values shouldn't change from $300 to $200 to $300 in the course on 15 mins though.  $100 is a big difference and will change whether I trade-in with Verizon or a 3rd party.
I'm planning on pre-ordering the iPhone 6s and I've been comparing my options (pay full retail, switch to new Verizon plan on use device pmt plan, or stay on my current plan on pay 2-yr contract ... See more...
I'm planning on pre-ordering the iPhone 6s and I've been comparing my options (pay full retail, switch to new Verizon plan on use device pmt plan, or stay on my current plan on pay 2-yr contract price). Each time I go through the steps on the Verizon website to appraise the value of my trade-in (iPhone 5s 64gb space grey), I get a different value. Sometimes it's $300, sometimes it's $200. I'm wondering if the value is somehow tied to my method of payment for the phone and/or the plan I'm on (2GB Loyalty for $60). Does anyone have a more definitive answer as to the value I'd get for my good working order 5s?
I only switched to this plan a year ago - so I don't think that was the purpose. And I think that each of these non-traditional plans has its own unique grandfathered rules, which is why I was as... See more...
I only switched to this plan a year ago - so I don't think that was the purpose. And I think that each of these non-traditional plans has its own unique grandfathered rules, which is why I was asking. Also, on both Apple and Verizon websites, I can proceed all the way through to checkout with my existing plan and the subsidized phone price.
Based on the VZW reply above, I don't believe I'd be on a device payment plan as I would have already bought my phone "outright" but at a discounted/subsidized price. I'd pay off that discount vi... See more...
Based on the VZW reply above, I don't believe I'd be on a device payment plan as I would have already bought my phone "outright" but at a discounted/subsidized price. I'd pay off that discount via the higher line access fee of $40 (vs. $20). Can someone confirm a change to a new plan would not automatically put me on the device payment plan?
I am paying $60 all in for my plan, which includes 2GB of data. The comparable VZW plan (the Medium plan) would be $65 for 3GB ($45 for data and $20 for line access).
If I change my plan, would would I lose my ability to upgrade my phone in the future at a subsidized/2-yr contract price?
I am currently on the LOYALTY $60/2GB UNLIM T&T 1YR plan and my contract is up next week. I'm due for an phone upgrade and I'm looking to pre-order the iPhone 6s. I'm planning to upgrade using th... See more...
I am currently on the LOYALTY $60/2GB UNLIM T&T 1YR plan and my contract is up next week. I'm due for an phone upgrade and I'm looking to pre-order the iPhone 6s. I'm planning to upgrade using the contract price and keeping my current plan. Will I be able to switch to the 3GB Verizon plan down the road if 2GB on my current plan is not enough? I've been going through data like crazy with my current phone - I believe it's a phone issue and not a usage issue so I'm hoping it's fixed by getting a new phone. If not, I'll need to bump to a 3GB plan.
Anyone had any luck doing this w/UPS? I ordered early on Friday when the business address option was not working correctly, so I had to enter the business address as a residential address. Verizo... See more...
Anyone had any luck doing this w/UPS? I ordered early on Friday when the business address option was not working correctly, so I had to enter the business address as a residential address. Verizon decided that there couldn't possibly be an APT 6055 (its really Suite 6055), so they trimmed it to APT 60.   Just called UPS w/my tracking number - the rep said I could call tomorrow AM and they could memo the driver. I'd just feel more comfortable if the address was actually changed. I'm afraid that he'll attempt delivery, and have no where to leave the info notice (because it's an office complex with no front desk). 
I should add, I'm not overly concerned since it appears the East Coast phones are coming primarily from West Chester, PA (10 Miles from my house). Could be UPS is more efficient and the phone onl... See more...
I should add, I'm not overly concerned since it appears the East Coast phones are coming primarily from West Chester, PA (10 Miles from my house). Could be UPS is more efficient and the phone only needs to go to the Philadelphia DC before delivery.   Just want to be able to track it like everyone else!
Same here...got my email first thing this AM.   When I check my order status on the Verizon site - I get what looks like an IP address. It also says its being shipped via Courier MD2 to arrive ... See more...
Same here...got my email first thing this AM.   When I check my order status on the Verizon site - I get what looks like an IP address. It also says its being shipped via Courier MD2 to arrive on 10/14/11.
I also have this issue...was trying to send it to my parent's office but it turned a Suite # into an Apt # and dropped numbers to boot!   It will never get where it's supposed to be going now!