Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,085 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

emetz700's Posts

I like Smart Phones...dont get me wrong. The problem is these company's have their head in the sand about the desire for everyone to use data. Verizon needs a tiered pricing plan more than any ot... See more...
I like Smart Phones...dont get me wrong. The problem is these company's have their head in the sand about the desire for everyone to use data. Verizon needs a tiered pricing plan more than any other carrier due to their already extreme premium pricing.   The Kin and Twon do not interest me at all. I enjoy my Chocolate Touch very much and my wife wont part with her EnV Touch because she hate the current options) But I dont want a budget brand phone on a high end network that doesnt do everything as well as my 2 year old phone does!   Wake up Verizon.
Most stores on the Milwaukee area now keep their feature phones behind the desk in a drawer. So obviously Verizon is phasing them out, despite any comments stating otherwise.   I would have bou... See more...
Most stores on the Milwaukee area now keep their feature phones behind the desk in a drawer. So obviously Verizon is phasing them out, despite any comments stating otherwise.   I would have bought smart phones long ago if it were not for thr $30 data plan on top of text and pic plans. Has Verizon compared costs of 4 lines with smart phones with text packages to ANY other carrier? The price difference is huge, and for less you get so much more. May be less coverage...but for those who dont travel much...WHO CARES!   So Verizon, if you want to keep customers who are on the fence with Smart Phones and dont need or want data plans...the LEAST you can do is offer lower data plan options and attempt to inlude text with the data plans. Right now, your prices are insane for a family of smart phones on one account and I refuse to stay with Verizon if this doesnt change.   Verizon, at some point you need to underatand many people DONT WANT A DATA PLAN but still want a high end phone. You've got to find a compromise. The feature phones today are a joke and are already in the junk drawer at your stores.       
Verizon introduced the $10 data plan requirment with the Samsung Rouge last year. And this January, they forced it upon all decent phones, and they call them "multimedia phones".   It is comple... See more...
Verizon introduced the $10 data plan requirment with the Samsung Rouge last year. And this January, they forced it upon all decent phones, and they call them "multimedia phones".   It is complete bull hockey.   Try to upgrade your phone or your plan, and your toast. I'm told if you push tech support hard enough, they will remove the requirement. I have 4 lines, and 3 multimedia phones. Should this new fee be imposed on me, I'm taking my business to Sprint where I can get a lot more for the same high price.
They are not adding this charge to current customers...but when you upgrade your phone or change plans you're done. And dont let anyone tell you that you NEED this data plan to make your phone wo... See more...
They are not adding this charge to current customers...but when you upgrade your phone or change plans you're done. And dont let anyone tell you that you NEED this data plan to make your phone work. That is a 100% lie, and I have two "multimedia" phones in my hand with data blocked to prove it.   You CAN fight this though. I had a conversation with a rep who called me direct after I entered poor results on a phone survey and he said Tech Support has the option to remove it. I will soon find out if he was telling the truth, but he promised the notes were documented in my account. If it fails, and my bill goes up yet again, I will be moving to Sprint to get more bang for the same high buck.