Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,784 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

scubba82's Posts

Lucass1428 - you do not need to do the factory reset!!!  Once I finally learned how to download the update, it took about 5-6 minutes.  However, let's clarify what update you are referring to.  I... See more...
Lucass1428 - you do not need to do the factory reset!!!  Once I finally learned how to download the update, it took about 5-6 minutes.  However, let's clarify what update you are referring to.  Is it the software update to 4.08.605.2??  If so, follow these instructions:  also just to note, I had 521mb free at the time I updated...  I posted these instructions to someone elses question today... I just actually COMPLETED the 4.08 update after so many searches for answers/tutorials.  I found a forum in androidcentral.com which was the MOST helpful and solved the update problem.  It takes a few steps, but it did work.  I am sure you are not getting the 'update' status so you will want to bring that back up. In order to do so, you need to 'boot into recovery'.  Here is the link with the instructions:  http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-incredible/134246-second-gb-update-patch-wont-reboot-issue-solved.html After doing this, and your phone reboots, go to 'settings', 'about phone', 'system updates'.  If it is downloading, continue with the instructions for the download.  I did this, but what happened after was a message came up saying not enough space for the download, uninstall some applications, etc.  Okay, so what I did do, was go in to 'storage use', the 'all' tab, went through and CLEARED data.  I did not Uninstall anything.  Reading through the forums in that androidcentral site explained this.  After doing that, to get the update started again, I did the same as what was in the link above, but before doing that again, I followed another user's advise by putting the phone into airplane mode, manually changing the date to 1 year ahead (make sure you 'uncheck' the 'automatic' box first), then went through the 'boot into recovery' steps.  When the phone rebooted, I turned off the airplane mode, went back into 'settings', 'about phone', 'system updates' again and it had already began the download.  This time, however, it went through the entire process and did not get stuck on anything!!  I then went back into date & time (in settings) and 'rechecked' the 'automatic' box.  All's good! Here is the link explaining (kind of) the date changing, airplane mode part: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-incredible/134054-those-who-want-second-gb-update-patch-12.html Note that this is page 12 of the forum threads - it is in thread #113.  Hope this works for you - I tried several different ways and the way I have explained above finally worked.  Checked my software information and it is now at 4.08.605.2 (previously 4.06.605.2)
Same problem!  Although not deleting apps or losing photos.  Anyhow, I just actually COMPLETED the 4.08 update after so many searches for answers/tutorials.  I found a forum in androidcentral.com... See more...
Same problem!  Although not deleting apps or losing photos.  Anyhow, I just actually COMPLETED the 4.08 update after so many searches for answers/tutorials.  I found a forum in androidcentral.com which was the MOST helpful and solved the update problem.  It takes a few steps, but it did work.  I am sure you are not getting the 'update' status so you will want to bring that back up. In order to do so, you need to 'boot into recovery'.  Here is the link with the instructions:  http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-incredible/134246-second-gb-update-patch-wont-reboot-issue-solved.html After doing this, and your phone reboots, go to 'settings', 'about phone', 'system updates'.  If it is downloading, continue with the instructions for the download.  I did this, but what happened after was a message came up saying not enough space for the download, uninstall some applications, etc.  Okay, so what I did do, was go in to 'storage use', the 'all' tab, went through and CLEARED data.  I did not Uninstall anything.  Reading through the forums in that androidcentral site explained this.  After doing that, to get the update started again, I did the same as what was in the link above, but before doing that again, I followed another user's advise by putting the phone into airplane mode, manually changing the date to 1 year ahead (make sure you 'uncheck' the 'automatic' box first), then went through the 'boot into recovery' steps.  When the phone rebooted, I turned off the airplane mode, went back into 'settings', 'about phone', 'system updates' again and it had already began the download.  This time, however, it went through the entire process and did not get stuck on anything!!  I then went back into date & time (in settings) and 'rechecked' the 'automatic' box.  All's good! Here is the link explaining (kind of) the date changing, airplane mode part: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-incredible/134054-those-who-want-second-gb-update-patch-12.html Note that this is page 12 of the forum threads - it is in thread #113.  Hope this works for you - I tried several different ways and the way I have explained above finally worked.  Checked my software information and it is now at 4.08.605.2 (previously 4.06.605.2)
Downloaded the apps Mabilo and Zedge Ringtones.  Have my Incredible settings set to one ringtone for the default ringtone.  Assigned certain numbers different ringtones through Mabilo, when peopl... See more...
Downloaded the apps Mabilo and Zedge Ringtones.  Have my Incredible settings set to one ringtone for the default ringtone.  Assigned certain numbers different ringtones through Mabilo, when people info is checked, their individual ringtones show up under each profile.  When one of those people call, their ringtone does not ring, it takes on the default ringtone.  What am I doing wrong?  Please help...
I am the account owner on our cell plan.  I have 4 lines on the account.  Each phone number is listing me as the owner of the line.  I want to assign the person who actually has the number to eac... See more...
I am the account owner on our cell plan.  I have 4 lines on the account.  Each phone number is listing me as the owner of the line.  I want to assign the person who actually has the number to each number.  Can this be done?  I know it can be done in Verizon Wireless for Business.  Help!