Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,890 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Marine322's Posts

OK I have found a solution to the problem!   As I stated earlier in my original post, the new Google voice commands were not working as illustrated in the Google demonstration video.  It would... See more...
OK I have found a solution to the problem!   As I stated earlier in my original post, the new Google voice commands were not working as illustrated in the Google demonstration video.  It would not call or send text to any of my contacts.     I am very happy to say it now works EXCELLENT!!  What I had to do was 1.) make sure all of my contacts were Gmail contacts. Since most of my contacts were generated from my POP3 MS Outlook email account, I had to import them into my Gmail account.  I did this by 2.) exporting my Outlook  contacts to a CSV file.  This is found in the upper left hand corner under:  File / Import and Export...  After creating the CSV file you need to 3.) go to your Gmail account and import the CSV file to your contacts. This is done by going to :  Mail / Contacts / Import Contacts...  I found steps 1-3  are best done on your desktop PC or laptop; not phone.     Once you have done this the final step is to 4.) sync your phone to your Gmail account.  This is done on your phone by going to menu / Settings / Accounts & sync / Select the green circular arrows next to your Google Gmail account.  Then enjoy!  Hope this helps!!!      So regardless of where your contacts came from, the key to the new Google Voice Command to work properly is to have a Google Gmail Account, and have "all" your contacts in the Gmail contacts list.
Well installed it and reinstated it with no success. It still won't text or make calls from my contacts. I've been searching thru the phone settings looking for some setting that may be keeping it... See more...
Well installed it and reinstated it with no success. It still won't text or make calls from my contacts. I've been searching thru the phone settings looking for some setting that may be keeping it from working properly. It's getting dark and cold. I see no glimmer of hope getting this wonderful function to work right. Lol. ;(
There is a video on YouTube of a guy using it on his DInc. I dropped him a line and we are both dumbfounded. Will uninstal and reinstall and let you know.
Lol yeah it sounds like we are having pretty close to the same problems. When I used it to text it did the same thing. When you made a call using it, where you able to call someone in your contact... See more...
Lol yeah it sounds like we are having pretty close to the same problems. When I used it to text it did the same thing. When you made a call using it, where you able to call someone in your contacts? I am going to uninstall it and try again. We sure have come a long ways since Sony Walkmans! Gotta love our DInc's!
Some of you may be aware that one of the new features of froyo 2.2 are the Google Voice Actions.  If you are not you can go to http://www.google.com/mobile/  to see it in action.  What a great fu... See more...
Some of you may be aware that one of the new features of froyo 2.2 are the Google Voice Actions.  If you are not you can go to http://www.google.com/mobile/  to see it in action.  What a great function if it actually worked.  I have been trying over and over to use this with no success.  I can search the web, get directions, and navigate with it.  This is great!    Unfortunately I am not able to send text, or make a call.  It doesn't seem to recognize any of my contacts.  This is "not so great"!    If anyone has been able to get this bad boy to work please let me know!