Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,373 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

spottedcatfish's Posts

Read the return policy for the store (it's usually on the back of the receipt, and in most states, must be posted or available in the store), and then follow it to return your equipment.  Verizon... See more...
Read the return policy for the store (it's usually on the back of the receipt, and in most states, must be posted or available in the store), and then follow it to return your equipment.  Verizon allows you to cancel your contract penalty free within 14 days of signing up, so take advantage of that as well to end your contract without paying an Early Termination Fee.  Once you've done that, find a better place to buy a new phone, whether from a direct Verizon outlet or another provider. If they won't let you return the phone per their own policy, call the BBB.  If you waited past the 14 days, that's on you. Good luck!
Because you signed a contract where you willingly agreed to stay for two years.  There is no way out of this contract other than paying the Early Termination Fee.  You had your 14 day Worry Free ... See more...
Because you signed a contract where you willingly agreed to stay for two years.  There is no way out of this contract other than paying the Early Termination Fee.  You had your 14 day Worry Free Guarantee to test the service and equipment, but once you get past that window, you have to pay the fee. What "mistake" did the salesman make?  Have you called Verizon and CALMLY explained the issues you're having, and gone through troubleshooting steps with them? If you really are very unhappy and there is no way Verizon will meet your needs, paying the ETF will be cheaper than paying for 22 months of service, so you should just do that.
luckytaz26 wrote: a lot of people still use cash have you ever had your bank account hacked into??????? its called being safe you dont get the picture if you take the charge off for debit... See more...
luckytaz26 wrote: a lot of people still use cash have you ever had your bank account hacked into??????? its called being safe you dont get the picture if you take the charge off for debit and charge card why is there a charge for using cash yet think about it!!! There's a charge for cash because it costs Verizon additional money to process your payment that way.  Unlike using a payment kiosk, online, or phone-based option with an account number or credit/debit card, a paid employee has to handle your money, give you a receipt, and then Verizon has to spend additional money transporting that cash to a bank.  If you've had issues with the security of your bank account in the past, I would recommend getting a credit or debit card that allows you to generate new card numbers specifically for online purchases, then limit the amount the can be charged on that number to a little more than the amount of your bill each month.  If it is ever stolen, not only will it be worthless, but it can easily be disposed of and replaced.  Citibank offers this service, and I'm sure other banks do as well.
I'm really missing the read/unread functionality as well.  I'm still messing around with the new features though, so I'll let you know if I can manage to rig anything up!
If she's capable with her phone, she's likely to know that you have the monitoring software on there, and even try to remove it (unless you go for one of the more expensive solutions that do a VE... See more...
If she's capable with her phone, she's likely to know that you have the monitoring software on there, and even try to remove it (unless you go for one of the more expensive solutions that do a VERY good job of concealing themselves and being difficult to remove).  You'll make things easier by telling her you are monitoring the phone, and explaining that you need access (via the password) and to have the monitoring software stay functional or she doesn't get the phone anymore.
I don't think so.  If you can, it would only be with the monthly plans and a data package, which ends up costing about $5 more than just using postpaid service.
By what standard does Verizon overcharge ME for data?  Some magical one in your head?   And don't go making straight comparisons to other cellular networks, because T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint a... See more...
By what standard does Verizon overcharge ME for data?  Some magical one in your head?   And don't go making straight comparisons to other cellular networks, because T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint all have different network footprints, different Terms & Conditions, different speeds and network capacities, different customer service offerings, different handsets, etc. etc.  All of this changes the value of their product, and the value will likely be different for two given consumers in two different situations with different needs and preferences.   I don't think they are overcharging ME for data.  If they are charging you more than you think it is worth, go find another provider.
stevej wrote:  How much money do you have to make on us? In order to meet a fairly common goal of increasing or maintaining profit?  At least as much as they are making right now.
You generally need to call the International Service team to have your SIM card activated for global roaming before you can use it overseas.  They have an international contact number that you ca... See more...
You generally need to call the International Service team to have your SIM card activated for global roaming before you can use it overseas.  They have an international contact number that you can find under "Contact Us."  If your phone needs any programming, they should be able to walk you through it manually.
MontanaGirl wrote: So I'm stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck with Verizon. Actually, you could go with AT&T, or look into prepaid providers like PagePlus, Tracfone, Net10, etc.  There are also severa... See more...
MontanaGirl wrote: So I'm stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck with Verizon. Actually, you could go with AT&T, or look into prepaid providers like PagePlus, Tracfone, Net10, etc.  There are also several regional providers in Montana that may have service in your area.  A little research goes a long way. I have had way too many problems with them to list here, but it's extensive over the five years I have been a prisoner to them. 5 years means that you chose not once but twice, to sign a new 2 year contract (or kept your service in an out of contract status).  You were not a prisoner for any reason other than your own choice. So I got an LG EnV Touch. Before I ordered the phone, I called customer service to ask about the reliability of the phone, reviews, etc. Any reason why you didn't go online and do some research on your own?  Do you trust car salesmen?  Don't trust any salesmen, and you'll be happier for it.  Oh, and I have to pay a $35 re-stocking fee!! Um, NO! I told her I was not told this in my original conversation when ordering this phone, and of course, she didn't care. This information is clearly outlined on Verizon's website and in the information you get when you purchase the phone (the receipt).  If you didn't know this, it is your own fault.  Every store has their own return policies, and most charge restocking fees on electronics.  You were promised a no hassle return, a $35 restocking charge is not a "hassle," it's a fee to cover some of the company's loss on that device. I hung up on her out of pure frustration that this company consistently misleads people, only to drop surprise fees on them CONSTANTLY. Like telling me AFTER my bill showed that I went over my minutes that calling my OWN voicemail costs me minutes that go against my plan! A surprise fee would be one that you had no way of knowing about.  Overage costs for using more minutes than your plan covers are clearly outlined on your bill and in the paperwork you got when you signed up.  Verizon has a variety of tools to help you monitor your usage, like MyVerizon and text/e-mail alerts.  Had you used these, you could have learned about the overage in time to change your plan to cover it, and also learned that your voicemail calls were using your minutes.  In the future, if you're low on minutes, call your cell number from another phone (like a landline) and press * when the prompt starts, you'll be asked to enter your password and then you can listen to your voicemails.  Or you could use a service like Google Voice or Youmail that transcribes messages and lets you listen to them online/via e-mail. I plan on finding anothe carrier, no matter what the service, and gladly paying my termination fees to Verizon. Anything to get me out of this company!!!! Excellent choice, and probably the first rational thing you've said.  If you are upset, you should find another provider that will better meet your needs.  I suggested some earlier in the post, good luck in your search.  
You'll need to take it back to the place you purchased it if you want to return or exchange it.  3rd party retailers like Radio Shack may have their own policies, and they keep seperate stock fro... See more...
You'll need to take it back to the place you purchased it if you want to return or exchange it.  3rd party retailers like Radio Shack may have their own policies, and they keep seperate stock from the Verizon website and Verizon corporate stores, so you'll have to go through them.
Unlimited data is probably never coming back.  It's an outside possibility, but I doubt that with the current blend of technology, there's any chance of it within the next 5-10 years at a minimum... See more...
Unlimited data is probably never coming back.  It's an outside possibility, but I doubt that with the current blend of technology, there's any chance of it within the next 5-10 years at a minimum.  In the meantime, you'll have to accept that some people will indeed have plans that offer a better value than yours, and also investigate other providers that might provide you with a better value depending on your needs.  Life isn't fair, and the best deal won't always be available to you.
It's possible that Social Beat is not compatible with your plan.  The "unlimited" data on the $50/month prepay plan does have some restrictions, and data hungry apps like Social Beat may be among... See more...
It's possible that Social Beat is not compatible with your plan.  The "unlimited" data on the $50/month prepay plan does have some restrictions, and data hungry apps like Social Beat may be among them.  I would call prepaid customer service and ask specifically if the app is compatible with your plan.
Call Customer Service and ask if there are any problems with the account.  If the account hasn't been deactivated or suspended, then it's probably an issue with the phone, and they should be able... See more...
Call Customer Service and ask if there are any problems with the account.  If the account hasn't been deactivated or suspended, then it's probably an issue with the phone, and they should be able to get you to tech support for some troubleshooting.
joeauch wrote: I was told that something in Verizons System would not allow grandfathering unlimited data after so many days. This puts me with the "Twice the Data: 4gb" data plan for 30$, and... See more...
joeauch wrote: I was told that something in Verizons System would not allow grandfathering unlimited data after so many days. This puts me with the "Twice the Data: 4gb" data plan for 30$, and the other three phones with Unlimited data for 30. I dont see how this makes sense.   Thanks in adv. for any help     Grandfathered features can only be added back to lines that had them within 14 days of the plan change.  Verizon does this because unlimited data has been retired, and they do not want to offer it to new customers/lines anymore, and they want current holders of the plan to eventually move to current pricing. The grandfathered status of other lines has no impact on your line because each line is its own "entity" having its own contract and add-ons (like data packages).  There isn't anything you can do to get the unlimited data back, it's gone, and has been since the 15th day after you removed it from your line.
Your phone gets the time from the towers it is connecting to.  Are you near a time zone change?  It's possible your phone has picked up a tower from across that border.  You can force your phone ... See more...
Your phone gets the time from the towers it is connecting to.  Are you near a time zone change?  It's possible your phone has picked up a tower from across that border.  You can force your phone to check back in with the tower by pulling the battery, waiting 30 seconds, and then reinserting it.
You will need to back up your contact data and be prepared to restore your backup to your new device.  Since you have an Android phone, just make sure your contacts are saved in the Gmail account... See more...
You will need to back up your contact data and be prepared to restore your backup to your new device.  Since you have an Android phone, just make sure your contacts are saved in the Gmail account that you used to register the phone, then set up the new phone with that account and the information will be restored automatically.   You can also install and use Verizon's Backup Assistant to accomplish the same thing.
KhaiLi2011 wrote: My phone was stolen a few weeks ago. All of my children's recent pictures are on that phone and that is the only reason I have not yet cut the phone off. The person who has ... See more...
KhaiLi2011 wrote: My phone was stolen a few weeks ago. All of my children's recent pictures are on that phone and that is the only reason I have not yet cut the phone off. The person who has stolen the phone cannot get passed my password so they cannot run my bill, however they still have it and I would like to just get my pictures somehow and finally disconnect it. Does anyone know how I can possibly access my memory card somehow ?? please help. I'm devestated that all of my babies pictures and videos are just gone. Unless you installed special software before you lost the phone, there is no way to remotely recover information from your phone.  Did you upload any of the photos to Picasa or a similar service?  You may want to check your Google accounts (Gmail, Picasa) to see if anything was automatically uploaded or sent and now stored on their servers.   Other than that, the pictures are gone, which is unfortunate, but it is the reality.  You should file a report with the police  and call Verizon to report the phone stolen (which will get the ESN placed on a blacklist).  That way, the thief cannot use the phone (you can get past passwords if you are skilled and determined), and they cannot sell it to someone who may buy it in good faith thinking it is theirs to sell.
There are many ways.  You could:   1) Attach the phone to your computer with the USB cable and put it in USB Mass Storage mode when prompted, then copy the photo to the phone, which will be lik... See more...
There are many ways.  You could:   1) Attach the phone to your computer with the USB cable and put it in USB Mass Storage mode when prompted, then copy the photo to the phone, which will be like a drive on your computer.   2) E-mail the photo to an e-mail address that your phone has access to (like the Gmail account you registered your phone with).   3) E-mail the phone via text message (yournumber@vtext.com).   4) Upload the photo to a web service, like Picasa, then navigate there on the phone and download it.   And I'm sure there are more.
Google Voice provides this feature and its a free service, you might want to look into it.