Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,087 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

drum_thumper's Posts

Yes, some settings may have changed.  After I did the update about a month ago my email stopped working for a POP3 account.  As I started digging, I found out there were some additional settings ... See more...
Yes, some settings may have changed.  After I did the update about a month ago my email stopped working for a POP3 account.  As I started digging, I found out there were some additional settings that were added that had not been there before.  These were things I had never seen before.  But I was able to figure out how to configure it in a way that was the original configuration and got it working again (I cannot remember those exact settings as it was a month ago).
As B33 and others have been saying, stick with it, connect with others that seem to have had some experience.  The Maxx is my second Droid (my first being a Droid Incredible).  It was in these fo... See more...
As B33 and others have been saying, stick with it, connect with others that seem to have had some experience.  The Maxx is my second Droid (my first being a Droid Incredible).  It was in these forums that I learned a lot about Android.  As a result I have come to enjoy the flexibility Androids allow (iPhone does not).  As for some of the problems you seem to be having, a cache wipe or FDR may be needed to correct those problems.  I have heard of so many that have had similar problems and once they performed one of these their problems went away. ICS over GB does take a bit of getting used to.  There may be some things in GB that you may like over ICS but there are things in ICS that have way improved.  Give it some time.
Oh well. I do have an issue of it mis-spelling my wife's name even though it is a google contact. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Of you can get to a wifi hotspot try that. Most Starbucks have them and many restaurants as well. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
I believe you can do it from your phone. I just cannot remember since it has been a long time since I have done it. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Glad to hear that. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
I have had ICS for about a month or so now.  It has been working good for me with only a couple of minor issues that I can live with.  Pretty much follow the advice here and it should work for yo... See more...
I have had ICS for about a month or so now.  It has been working good for me with only a couple of minor issues that I can live with.  Pretty much follow the advice here and it should work for you.  Also be aware that many of your apps will need to update because you are now in ICS.  Also some of your settings will change and you may want to adjust so it will work for you.  I also found my battery usage went up at first but as my battery settled back into its normal routine it has now gotten as good if not better (I can usually get about 50%+ on moderate usage after about 16+ hours running).  It does take some getting used to as the UI changes and the feel is different.
It is under voice commands and send message.  It will only open the text box and enter the name of the recipient.  You have to hit the microphone button.  But it does a good job of translating wh... See more...
It is under voice commands and send message.  It will only open the text box and enter the name of the recipient.  You have to hit the microphone button.  But it does a good job of translating what you are saying (even entering the punctuation where you want). Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
I had the same problem with sending text and calling. No other problems in search. Voice command works great. I think it is a Google search thing. I had the same issue with my Droid inedible.... See more...
I had the same problem with sending text and calling. No other problems in search. Voice command works great. I think it is a Google search thing. I had the same issue with my Droid inedible. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
I really have not had any problems yet either except a couple minor issues that I can live with. I have had ICS now for almost a month with little to no data issues (mainly in low reception area... See more...
I really have not had any problems yet either except a couple minor issues that I can live with. I have had ICS now for almost a month with little to no data issues (mainly in low reception areas). Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Not supposed to. It is the same as pulling the battery. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
I think the voice command is from Moto and voice search is from Google. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
have you tried a soft reboot?  To do this, press the power and volume down button simultaneously.  It is the equivalent of pulling the battery.
I started having the same problem about a month ago in the Seattle/Tacoma area.  But when the ICS update hit the problem cleared up (this was within a few days of the problem starting).  I have h... See more...
I started having the same problem about a month ago in the Seattle/Tacoma area.  But when the ICS update hit the problem cleared up (this was within a few days of the problem starting).  I have had no problems since (unless the signal is really weak).
I have always had this issue with both GB and ICS (even on my DInc with GB).  I did however find that voice commands is now way better.  I am able to get it up and running with my bluetooth and c... See more...
I have always had this issue with both GB and ICS (even on my DInc with GB).  I did however find that voice commands is now way better.  I am able to get it up and running with my bluetooth and call my wife's phone hands free.  I just wish that when you want to send a message it would not open the text message.  You have to then tap on the microphone icon (btw this option requires you to have data connection).  Supposedly Jellybean is supposed to have taken care of this problem.  We will see, that is if we get it on the Maxx.
Depends on what type of email.  I have a gmail, Yahoo! and and POP3 account.  I had to delete the Gmail account and use the app as they recommended using only one app for that to save data and ba... See more...
Depends on what type of email.  I have a gmail, Yahoo! and and POP3 account.  I had to delete the Gmail account and use the app as they recommended using only one app for that to save data and battery.  My Yahoo! account I entered through the email app as Yahoo! (I had problems before ICS and re-entered it as 'Other').  My POP3 I entered with my email routing and passwords.  But when ICS was installed, it added some settings and changed them so that account did not work.  I went into my settings for that account (cannot remember exactly since it has been almost a month) and had to play around with them in a way that I recognized them (these new settings were ones that I had never seen before).  It has been working since.
I have to agree with JF and B33.  Formatting in the phone is the best way to know it is formatted for the phone.
Not sure exactly what you may be asking, but it sounds as though you are looking to clear certain notifications in the notification tray.  The eliminated the 'X' next to each notification in plac... See more...
Not sure exactly what you may be asking, but it sounds as though you are looking to clear certain notifications in the notification tray.  The eliminated the 'X' next to each notification in place of using a swipe feature.  If you want to clear a notification, simply swipe to the right to clear it.  If you are clearing all the clearable notifications, simply tap the red 'X' in the upper corner.  Yes, some things changed but are still there.  They are just different now.  You may want to try Googling ICS for Razr.  There are tutorial videos out there that show you what these changes are.  I hope this helps.
You might want to double check what "in box" you are in.  If you are in the combined inbox, you cannot compose.  If you go to each individual email account you can compose.
In answer to your first question, there are videos even on Moto's site to help guide you through many of the new features of ICS. As to your second question, they got rid of the individual tog... See more...
In answer to your first question, there are videos even on Moto's site to help guide you through many of the new features of ICS. As to your second question, they got rid of the individual toggles and use the "power" widget.  It controls your screen, wifi, blue tooth, GPS and data.  I have mine set on one of my home pages.