Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,803 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

glockberg's Posts

Have you tried the battery pull. I did have an issue one day and that fixed it. I did just start having sense restarts a few times now but it appears to ne dock related. On Aug 19, 2012 3:12 P... See more...
Have you tried the battery pull. I did have an issue one day and that fixed it. I did just start having sense restarts a few times now but it appears to ne dock related. On Aug 19, 2012 3:12 PM, "Overupdates" <community@verizonwireless.com>
I have had no issues with BT connecting and did not have to delete or re-pair any bluetooth devices including a HR monitor for exercise, truck and ear piece.
Do you bring your Ford to a dealer or mechanic or do you drive it to Detroit?
See, I disagree. We both provide a service. If we do not have customer support, we cannot continue to do business. The vast majority of our customers are very happy. But it just takes a vocal few... See more...
See, I disagree. We both provide a service. If we do not have customer support, we cannot continue to do business. The vast majority of our customers are very happy. But it just takes a vocal few to degrade that support and our reputation. Verizon is no different. They provide a service. I am not saying that they should hand out new phones to unsatisfied Rezound owners. I am not saying that they are to blame for ICS not being ready. And frankly, I don't need to deal with HTC. I contract my hard earned money to Verizon. They represent me as the consumer.  What I am saying is any company, be it the gas station around the corner, a restaurant, government or the phone providers need to be as transparent as possible and communicate with their customer base. I have always told my staff or the community that they can ask a question. I won't punt it and guess but will answer I don't know but I will find out. That is all most of us are asking here.
Again, it is Verizon's responsibility to keep the customer informed and be responsive. The  response may not be what the customer wants to hear. But they must remain responsive to every customer ... See more...
Again, it is Verizon's responsibility to keep the customer informed and be responsive. The  response may not be what the customer wants to hear. But they must remain responsive to every customer if they wish to retain them. The customer is not always right or reasonable.They are always the customer. I worked in government providing public safety services for 33 years. I will tell you that not everyone liked the answers we gave but in order for the agency to retain trust and support we had to be honest and transparent. If not, we would quickly become ineffective and we would lose funding and benefits. Any business that fails to recognize this will not continue to prosper.
I think I have tried to keep this from being personal and I will try to continue to do so. By far, where I live, VZW is the best carrier as far as a system that just works. When I need to make a ... See more...
I think I have tried to keep this from being personal and I will try to continue to do so. By far, where I live, VZW is the best carrier as far as a system that just works. When I need to make a call it does. Having had to manage nearly 650 phones and over 800 air cards on another carrier in my previous job, I can tell you that while they could not provide the coverage, they were a heck of a lot more responsive when it came time to satisfy the customer.  We can all agree of disagree and complain if we like, that is what this forum thread is about. The global capabilities are one of the things that I am looking forward to. Additionally, on every other device that I have that was upgraded to ICS, it ran smoother, faster and cleaner. That includes both an ASUS and Samsung tablet. Frankly if you don't like the complaining and you don't work for Verizon, then unsubscribe to the thread.
I didn't pay HTC directly for the phone, I paid Verizon and they pushed the marketing and press release. All I am asking is get it done and tell us the status.
Absolutely correct. And, lets not use a supposed non-disclosure agreement. That is irrelevant when talking about informing the customers as to the status. No one say that they have to be specific... See more...
Absolutely correct. And, lets not use a supposed non-disclosure agreement. That is irrelevant when talking about informing the customers as to the status. No one say that they have to be specific. If HTC and VZW have an agreement that they cannot reveal the status of a project, then don't freakin' advertise that the device will be upgraded during a certain time period. I also don't think the NDA if that is what was meant by the initials, will prevent VZW from just saying that the software is not ready from prime time and we will get back to you...
Well, if we just wait until Dec 21, 2012, the Mayans will fix the whole thing for us anyway and we won't need phones.
That is not my point. My point is the lack of the response from the company that I write a check to. I do feel it was misleading marketing however. That being said, Big Red needs to step up and O... See more...
That is not my point. My point is the lack of the response from the company that I write a check to. I do feel it was misleading marketing however. That being said, Big Red needs to step up and Officially respond to customers.
Soon in dog years, or human years?
Yep, I agree. Not only was that advertised, there was a Verizon ICS map- official that is, that had June/July. Add to that the HTC customer support email that stated July...
First of all, HTC did give a roll out date in an official email, not some doctored fake like the Best Buy release and this last Verizon one. HTC said Jun/Jul. Well, tomorrow is August. One of the... See more...
First of all, HTC did give a roll out date in an official email, not some doctored fake like the Best Buy release and this last Verizon one. HTC said Jun/Jul. Well, tomorrow is August. One of the reasons that I picked the Rezound over the Razor or the even the Samsun Nexus II was the hardware and the fact that ICS was expected before April. It is one of the best pieces of hardware and ICS would only enhance the operation and battery life. While I am happy with the device, I would have either waited or picked up the Nexus II.  HTC and Verizon sold the phone with an expected delivery of ICS in the first quarter. Third quarter going on four. I hate repeating myself, but what the heck. We contract with Verizon, not HTC and not Google. They are the carrier and it is their responsibility and no one elses to address their customers concerns and ensure that the promises made are kept. Even if technical issues outside of Verizon's control exist, there is no reason that they cannot communicate the status to their paying customers. I spend $300 a month for my family's phones and then pile FIOS on top of it. Frankly, if they want to keep their high quarterly earning reports glowing, they need to do a better job of customer relations. I am not talking about the customer is always right. But, the customer is always the customer.
I agree with canofspam. There may or may not have been bugs with the last leaked version. If that is the case, then Verizon, as a customer oriented business, should just flat out say so, and COMM... See more...
I agree with canofspam. There may or may not have been bugs with the last leaked version. If that is the case, then Verizon, as a customer oriented business, should just flat out say so, and COMMUNICATE, with their customers. This is just good business. However, if the OTA is the *.10 June 20th version and it is the OTA, then, without any word from HTC or Verizon, we can come up with loads of reasons including corporate marketing of newer products versus the support for loyal customers as the reason or just plain indifference. In either case, it is poor customer service and a bad business practice. Someone posted earlier that we are complaining to the wrong company. Well, I disagree, we pay the provider for a service to include making good their marketing promises of upgrades and services. I don't pay HTC or Google directly. Verizon subsidizes their devices and markets them as do the other phone companies. Since we pay Verizon then it is their responsibility to support the customer and their devices and represent concerns to the hardware or software providers. If my Honda breaks down that would be like the dealership saying that I need to call Osaka, Japan- they made the car. While in comparison to life's problems, this is really a minor frustration, I do pay a lot of my quickly shrinking money for my family plan with 4 phones. Sorry, HTC, Google and the providers cannot just point fingers at each other. While the fault may lay outside of Verizon, they are the provider and thus are accountable to the people that just made their last quarterly report glowing while other companies are struggling. So, VZW, if you are listening, all you have to do is let the customers know what is happening. 
Gee, the HTC Incredible 4G with ICS is out. Verizon is selling the Galaxy IIIS with ICS. I am assuming that they don't want to compete with themselves by selling the discounted Rezound with ICS r... See more...
Gee, the HTC Incredible 4G with ICS is out. Verizon is selling the Galaxy IIIS with ICS. I am assuming that they don't want to compete with themselves by selling the discounted Rezound with ICS rather than the new premium phones. Verizon could easily put this to rest with a statement to owners. Personally, I would have kept my Thunderbolt and waited for another ICS phone like the Maxx or Incredible had I known they would jerk their customers around.
First, by far my Rezound has been the best Android phone that I have owned .  My gripe is with Verizon now. HTC's leaked version apparently works and looks like the final release. Ig appears that... See more...
First, by far my Rezound has been the best Android phone that I have owned .  My gripe is with Verizon now. HTC's leaked version apparently works and looks like the final release. Ig appears that VZW is more concerned about marketing the new Incredible 4g and the upcoming SIII than taking care of existing customers.One could buy a new Rezound at a discounted online price versus them selling a new phone retail.  So, the existing loyal Rezound customers have to wait. VZW, if that isnt the motivation, you need transparent communications with your subscribers who have been forking out two to three hundred bucks a month for family plans for years.
I tend to agree with you . I have four Verizon phones, three of which are Android. I made the choice to by the Rezound due to a lot of research on the hardware AND the promise of a 1st quarter up... See more...
I tend to agree with you . I have four Verizon phones, three of which are Android. I made the choice to by the Rezound due to a lot of research on the hardware AND the promise of a 1st quarter upgrade. I might have just purchased the Razr Maxx or the Galaxy had I known we would be into May. I had an ASUS tab that was upgraded to ICS in January and I expect my Galaxy Tab will be ICS soon. I do know and appreciate that Verizon and HTC want the bugs out of the OS before they ship to prevent getting slammed in the reviews and customer base. However, they also need to take care of current customers. Sprint and Verizon have an almost identical footprint and roaming agreements. It will come down to customer care, keeping promises and pricing. I think the upgrade fee violates the new every two concept. Its not alot of money but it is the principle. A few years ago, I was involved in the negotiations and testing in supplying a large agency for which I worked, cell phones. This was nearly 650 devices in addition to potentially 900 plus air cards for mobile computing. Guaranteed income for the provider from a government agency.  Sprint listened, and they were provided the deal. Big Red did not budge and they lost a lot of business. I generally do not have issues with Verizon's quality of service or customer care but they need to keep promises and listen to customers.