Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,450 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

slaroche's Posts

I have an existing BlackBerry Classic. I just bought the BlackBerry Key2 LE from Best Buy (model BBE 100-5). I want to be able to switch the SIM back and forth between the two phones - I still like/p... See more...
I have an existing BlackBerry Classic. I just bought the BlackBerry Key2 LE from Best Buy (model BBE 100-5). I want to be able to switch the SIM back and forth between the two phones - I still like/prefer the old BlackBerry BB10 OS, but (unfortunately) at times I need the new apps that Android and the Google Play Store provide. Anyway... I have the Key2 LE up and running. As others have suggested, I went to a Verizon Store and they supplied me with a new SIM for the Key2 LE. I then called tech support and they added/enabled the CDMA-LESS provisioning to the "account". Without this feature I was unable to send/receive calls or text messages of any kind on the Key2. All is now good. However, if I pull that SIM out and return it to the BlackBerry Classic - that phone no longer works as it did previously. Cannot send/recieve phone calls. I was told that the "CDMA-LESS" provisioning is an account level feature. It sticks even when I move the SIM to the old phone (The Classic). And it's not something the end user has control over through the VZW web site. I would need to call tech support and have them remove that provision... and then call again to re-add if I wanted to use the Key2 LE again. I was under the impression that when you turned the phone on the SIM would automatically provision accordingly. Apparently, I'm wrong... and unhappy... and disappointed... I know many people who swap SIMS among their many phones all the time. Any thoughts? Is there anything that can be done to overcome this issue? Steve