Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,691 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

vrsh90's Posts

I already did that. I went through all the troubleshooting steps. So it won’t be helpful if make those suggestions. I was recently told that it might be the antenna that’s not really working anymore.... See more...
I already did that. I went through all the troubleshooting steps. So it won’t be helpful if make those suggestions. I was recently told that it might be the antenna that’s not really working anymore. Is this a possibility?
Yes I already did this when the problem first started happening. That did not solve the issue. 
Yes, I have to reset my network settings every time my data drops so it can start working again. I have to do this multiple times a day because it happens frequently. This happens with multiple apps ... See more...
Yes, I have to reset my network settings every time my data drops so it can start working again. I have to do this multiple times a day because it happens frequently. This happens with multiple apps both 3rd party and the iPhone apps. This has been going on for almost a week now. I brought it into the store on Tuesday, 21 May and they made some "updates". After that I did not experience any problems for the rest of the day but the day after it started happening again. Not sure what to do at this point.
Not sure if that is what the issue is since this is the first time this has happened, your response seems more applicable if this has been a constant issue and not one that just started with no chang... See more...
Not sure if that is what the issue is since this is the first time this has happened, your response seems more applicable if this has been a constant issue and not one that just started with no changes on my part. I also rarely have more than two apps open at the same time-- recognize there is background app refresh but again this is a new problem.
Thank you for your response. This is an iPhone 7 and the apps are random. It has happened with all the main apps I use (maps, safari, chrome, social media apps, amazon, clothing store apps). It happe... See more...
Thank you for your response. This is an iPhone 7 and the apps are random. It has happened with all the main apps I use (maps, safari, chrome, social media apps, amazon, clothing store apps). It happens multiple times a day. I restart my phone or restart my network settings to get it working again, this only works for a short time before I have to restart my phone again. Just on Sunday I had to restart my phone over 10 times. I made no recent updates when this first started happening. When I first started to experience the problem I updated two of my apps but the problem persisted so I left the updates alone.
When I open an app (it’s random not always the same apps) my data suddenly turns off. When I exit out of the app it comes back on but when I go to open it again it turns off. I restart my phone works... See more...
When I open an app (it’s random not always the same apps) my data suddenly turns off. When I exit out of the app it comes back on but when I go to open it again it turns off. I restart my phone works again but then it eventually happens again. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggested solutions? My phone isn’t damaged. It’s in good condition and this problem just recently started.