Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,271 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Naplescustomer's Posts

Approximately 4 weeks ago the signal strength within my residence suddenly decreased to the point that calls frequently failed in mid conversation or never connected in the first place.  This was aft... See more...
Approximately 4 weeks ago the signal strength within my residence suddenly decreased to the point that calls frequently failed in mid conversation or never connected in the first place.  This was after over seven years of absolutely perfect service!  The problem is definitely not an issue with my specific phone since it affects my wife's phone, the phone of any Verizon customer who visits our house, and the phones of neighbors with Verizon service.  I can still use my phone reliably if I stand outside my house.  I've spent hours with Verizon personnel attempting to regain the service I'm still paying for.   After contacting several support personnel, I finally found one who was helpful enough to submit trouble ticket NRB00000978473.  A few days later, on April 24, I received a text message stating "Your reported service issue has been resolved.  Please retry your service".  I did, and absolutely nothing had changed.  The reported service issue was actually not resolved at all.  I responded to the text message (theoretically) letting Verizon know that the problem persisted, but never received any indication that a live person was on the receiving end of my  response.   My most recent phone conversation with Verizon support personnel (while standing outside my house) only resulted in being put on hold for a half hour.  The closest I've come for an explanation for the loss of tower signal came from an employee at the local Verizon store who suggested Verizon may be switching out their tower equipment to move toward 5G service.  I hope that this isn't the actual reason for the sudden drop in signal strength because it would mean that issue is not caused by equipment failure, but but rather a corporate decision.  In other words, not likely to be fixed any time soon.