Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,445 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

bigtitan's Posts

How about talking to your mother?  I'm assuming a lot about your situation but I would imagine it is unlikely that you can reverse whatever decisions your mother has made for HER account. And bas... See more...
How about talking to your mother?  I'm assuming a lot about your situation but I would imagine it is unlikely that you can reverse whatever decisions your mother has made for HER account. And based on my assumptions, it seems unlikely that you have the ability to get your own account so it seems to me that you are out of luck...
I think there are plenty of things that contribute to this issue.  Quite frankly we are living in a world that is continually dumbed down.  Across the board the popular thought process is "easier... See more...
I think there are plenty of things that contribute to this issue.  Quite frankly we are living in a world that is continually dumbed down.  Across the board the popular thought process is "easier is better." In forums such as these people tend to communicate much like they would if they were sending text messages or chatting. The focus tends to be on merely getting the message out rather than how that message is constructed, which oftentimes is counterproductive.  Truth be told, I am an offender. In haste I often spell words incorrectly...and sometimes I don't review my posts for grammatical errors or follow the rules I learned in grade school...and I tend to use "elliptical commas" quite inappropriately... Perhaps it is just me but the standards I set for what I do online in forums are much different (lower) than those I set for other things such as professional documents, personal letters, emails, etc...
I'd rather have deal with the ETF than to go through anything remotely like a divorce to get out of my cell phone contract.  ETFs may stink but they are quick, clean and easy.... Contracts are... See more...
I'd rather have deal with the ETF than to go through anything remotely like a divorce to get out of my cell phone contract.  ETFs may stink but they are quick, clean and easy.... Contracts are contracts and it costs to get out of them...no way around that. 
When you are on WiFi you are not using your cellular data (for the most part).  Like Ann154, I turn off my cell data all the time when I am in WiFi environments....I actually generally only turn ... See more...
When you are on WiFi you are not using your cellular data (for the most part).  Like Ann154, I turn off my cell data all the time when I am in WiFi environments....I actually generally only turn it on when I am expecting to be away from home/office for a while.  Otherwise its all WiFi for me and I generally only use about 125MB per month doing anything and everything I want on my phone.
Wow...I guess I need to work on my posting skills because there was no "slam" intended.  You didn't stir much of any emotion in me other than amusement at someone who went on a rant and called me... See more...
Wow...I guess I need to work on my posting skills because there was no "slam" intended.  You didn't stir much of any emotion in me other than amusement at someone who went on a rant and called me a "bored fandroid" merely because I said "I'm no fan of windows phones."  As I said, I encourage people to make choices based on what works for them and I am happy Windows Phones work for you. This is starting to feel a bit like the texting that occurs between teenage girls so I won't carry on ...(slam intended)
I'm laughing at the irony of you calling me a "fandroid" while you speak about "getting emotional" and hoping that your rant plants "seeds of curiousity" over Windows Phones..Fortunately, I am un... See more...
I'm laughing at the irony of you calling me a "fandroid" while you speak about "getting emotional" and hoping that your rant plants "seeds of curiousity" over Windows Phones..Fortunately, I am unaware of any names for the kool aid drinking folks in the Windows Phones cult ... For what its worth, I'm no "fandroid" and I hope that people DO play with ALL available options out there because that is what people should be doing. I responded to this particular post because I actually have toyed with Windows Phones and as I very simply stated, was no fan of them. In any case, you like WP7 and (at the moment) I like my droid...I'm simply happy to be in a world where such choices exist.
I love these things...the reality is that VZW is expensive, and so are all the other major carriers.  As a matter of fact, ATT provides my DSL and on a recent tech supoprt call the customer servi... See more...
I love these things...the reality is that VZW is expensive, and so are all the other major carriers.  As a matter of fact, ATT provides my DSL and on a recent tech supoprt call the customer service rep was tryingto find ways to make me less angry and offered me one of their wireless packages...after asking me what I currently get from VZW she quoted me a price that was almost the same amount and in her words "well, that clearly isn't enticing enough to get you switch so lets forget about that"... There are other less expensive options out there and at the end of the day YOU make a choice with what you do with YOUR money, not VZW or any other provider.   The "little people" I see every day opt for less expensive, or prepaid plans because that is what they can afford.
Well, I'm no fan of windows phones but to each his own....I doubt VZW will be readig this post and racing to meet your deadline so you should probably just go to ATT now.  Honestly, unless people... See more...
Well, I'm no fan of windows phones but to each his own....I doubt VZW will be readig this post and racing to meet your deadline so you should probably just go to ATT now.  Honestly, unless people like you actually do leave VZW en masse and have a noticeable impact on revenue I would doubt that they'll do much of anything that they aren't currently doing or planning on doing.
An "unexpected" bill hurts no matter what the circumstances are and I'm no big fan of VZWs sales force...but, you let yourself get ripped off.  I know you were advised not to use Netflix but ... See more...
An "unexpected" bill hurts no matter what the circumstances are and I'm no big fan of VZWs sales force...but, you let yourself get ripped off.  I know you were advised not to use Netflix but what else ARE you doing? I defintiely suggest working with a knowledgable person in figuring out your internet options and how to BEST utilise/minimize/maximize the data plan you signed up for...good luck! 
But for those folks who don't care about support or warranty isn't this pretty much a non issue? Those people already do what they want with their devices....
not that I really care to take VZW's side but how does a company provide "support" for devices on which they have NO control ?  I get a phone, do something funky to it and the camera or WiFi stop... See more...
not that I really care to take VZW's side but how does a company provide "support" for devices on which they have NO control ?  I get a phone, do something funky to it and the camera or WiFi stops working, is it VZWs responsibility to help me fix it?
yes, and VZW has argued that a device that has the ability to load unapproved and untested software is a threat to network security, protection and that use of such software could adversely impac... See more...
yes, and VZW has argued that a device that has the ability to load unapproved and untested software is a threat to network security, protection and that use of such software could adversely impact other network users. I
VZW has stated that unlocked bootloaders pose a potential detriment to the overall "customer service experience."  Furthermore, that phones with unlockable bootloaders could have an adverse impac... See more...
VZW has stated that unlocked bootloaders pose a potential detriment to the overall "customer service experience."  Furthermore, that phones with unlockable bootloaders could have an adverse impact on the VZW network due to "unapproved software."  . To quote VZW "It is always a delicate balance for any company to manage the technology choices WE MAKE for our branded devices and the requests of a few who may want a different device experience." Moto makes a choice to lock them, but, this is done with the full support of VZW.
rschnoor is most likely right...I am pretty sure that your contract starts on the day when you actually activate your phone and "accept" the terms.  The first part of the agreement states that yo... See more...
rschnoor is most likely right...I am pretty sure that your contract starts on the day when you actually activate your phone and "accept" the terms.  The first part of the agreement states that your "acceptance" of the agreement can be any of the folowing ways: Agreeing in writing, by email, over the phone, or in person;  Opening a package that says you are accepting by opening it; or  Activating your Service not so shady....
Oh, I thought you meant the security...as earlier mentioned, you can change the length of time before it engages but there is no way to disable it.  There are apps that allow you to work around i... See more...
Oh, I thought you meant the security...as earlier mentioned, you can change the length of time before it engages but there is no way to disable it.  There are apps that allow you to work around it but nothing to completely get rid of it...as far as I know
not sure about the DX2 but on the DX you have to into your settings, location and security and change screen lock.
Based on your posts and your signature, I am very curious how you wound up with the world's only 4G DX with Ice Cream Sandwich... Anyways, I'm not sure whats "misleading" about VZW selling you... See more...
Based on your posts and your signature, I am very curious how you wound up with the world's only 4G DX with Ice Cream Sandwich... Anyways, I'm not sure whats "misleading" about VZW selling you a phone, you not liking it, and then VZW letting you return it...seems pretty straight forward to me but maybe I am missing something? congrats on the new phone...I hope you read and understood Tiger's fine print regarding their terms and conditions which are in addition to VZW's....
Redundant finger pointing wirh no resolution.... This thread should run for political office....
I think there used to be a way to turn that off but it involved finding someone at VZW who knew how, and even then not everyone could do it...Ringback tones are the easiest way to do it...
not saying I disagree with some of this but really, I am pretty sure that VZW being the succesful giant that it is, knows exactly what eggs it does and doesn't want it's basket...