Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,180 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Soly29's Posts

Nothing is working with the texts, not even Handcent SMS, they come in random order, I just text my husband and he replied and the thread is all they way at the bottom with yesterday's texts from... See more...
Nothing is working with the texts, not even Handcent SMS, they come in random order, I just text my husband and he replied and the thread is all they way at the bottom with yesterday's texts from other people, not at the top.    It may not a big deal for some,  but for someone who texts all day like me, having to scroll all over the place to find the last text, it is ANNOYING!!!   I will call Tech support and see what they have to say. 
I have a Droid X but that kept happening to me when I installed a new app, Photo-Funia.  I had to un install and after that it didn't happen again.  I'm actually thinking of switching to the Fasc... See more...
I have a Droid X but that kept happening to me when I installed a new app, Photo-Funia.  I had to un install and after that it didn't happen again.  I'm actually thinking of switching to the Fascinate, not happy with my X
Unfortunately on mine it does not even look good on the DX screen.  It's absolutely horrible.  I mean the phone has great features I'm not complaining but  I love taking pictures at the spur of t... See more...
Unfortunately on mine it does not even look good on the DX screen.  It's absolutely horrible.  I mean the phone has great features I'm not complaining but  I love taking pictures at the spur of the moment and with this I'm not even inspired to try.  I had mentioned on another post the pics on this phone remind me of a Samsung flip phone I had like 9 or 10 years ago, that's how bad it is.     
My pics have always come out grainy and with the upgrade they are even worse; totally dull and lifeless.  I played with all the settings and the only size that they look fairly decent in is in th... See more...
My pics have always come out grainy and with the upgrade they are even worse; totally dull and lifeless.  I played with all the settings and the only size that they look fairly decent in is in the 3mp.  My sister-in-law and I took pictures of the same exact things with my X and her Epic, hers came out much brighter and crisp.  My pictures look grey compared to hers.  I'm going to call customer service to see what they say. 
On your VZW homepage go to Verizon Safeguards and choose Spam controls, then choose call & Message block.  you can add upto 5 numbers for free, however it has an expiration date but you can just ... See more...
On your VZW homepage go to Verizon Safeguards and choose Spam controls, then choose call & Message block.  you can add upto 5 numbers for free, however it has an expiration date but you can just continue to renew.  If you need more than  5 you have to subscribe to the monthly service fee. 
I'm having the same issue, at first I thought I had deleted the most recent message and when I kept looking it was at the end of my list, when in fact should have been the first one up top.  Stra... See more...
I'm having the same issue, at first I thought I had deleted the most recent message and when I kept looking it was at the end of my list, when in fact should have been the first one up top.  Strange!
I don't know if I have been waiting for this so anxiously that to me my screen looks more vivid and the colors pop out more, it's very responsive now too.  I'm loving it.  I noticed a few new app... See more...
I don't know if I have been waiting for this so anxiously that to me my screen looks more vivid and the colors pop out more, it's very responsive now too.  I'm loving it.  I noticed a few new apps as well, like QuickOffice.  It took me 20 minutes to download and install.    Unfortunately can't play much with it at work and can't wait to get home and try it out.  Who knows maybe I'll come down with something LOL and go home, j/k
Welcome! Yes, this is a very good site to come and get support from fellow users and helpful info.  I recently just got my phone and unfortunately don't know off too many apps to install except f... See more...
Welcome! Yes, this is a very good site to come and get support from fellow users and helpful info.  I recently just got my phone and unfortunately don't know off too many apps to install except for Handcent for the the SMS texting, it's just smoother than the stock one.  Enjoy your X
Nice review, I think it may have just convinced me to change my X before my 30 days are up. I'm new to Android  so I can't really compare it to anything but do like it better than my Storm. I fel... See more...
Nice review, I think it may have just convinced me to change my X before my 30 days are up. I'm new to Android  so I can't really compare it to anything but do like it better than my Storm. I fell in love with the Fascinate when I went to get my son his Incredible.  The only thing is I purchased an extended battery and media dock, I'm not sure if Verizon will let me exchange them   I just got my X  a week ago and cannot express enough how disappointed I am with the camera, the pictures are so horrible, it  reminds me of my old flip phones of 10 years ago.    Thanks again and enjoy!  
  csalmjs wrote: Now I believe this is a Android 2.1 OS problem in general but does anyone else not receive facebook notifications? For example if someone post on your wall, comments your po... See more...
  csalmjs wrote: Now I believe this is a Android 2.1 OS problem in general but does anyone else not receive facebook notifications? For example if someone post on your wall, comments your post etc.???   I have had this problem ever since I have experienced using Android Phones.  Verizon loaned me a LG Ally and I had no notifications.  When I got my X I couldnt get any and Now with the Fascinate I still dont.    From other people's post I found out that this is a 2.1 problem? can anyone confirm that?  I found out the most you can do is downloaded "bloo" and have that running along with the normal FB app.  If that helps anyone you are welcome.   I also read that a user changed their Facebook email to their Gmail account and it worked then..can anyone confirm that?   Your responses are greatly appreciated.   How do you like the Fascinate in comparison to your X? I've had my X for one week and i'm trying to figure it out; but I'm not completely blown away by it.  I fell in love with the Fascinate when my son went into get his Incredible. So debating if to change it before   I have the same FB problem and nothing helps, mine will not even give me recent posts when I refresh but post from upto 22 hours earlier, very annoying. I have my gmail account on FB and would get all my notifications on my BB but nothing on the X.  I hope in fact the update does solve this.  I barely have time to use my pc or laptop at home and FB is restricted in my office. 
I looked thru the forum first and what I mostly saw was the issue with notifications.    1. I am not getting any FB notifications unless it if it's an email message sent via FB 2. When I g... See more...
I looked thru the forum first and what I mostly saw was the issue with notifications.    1. I am not getting any FB notifications unless it if it's an email message sent via FB 2. When I go to FB either via the Browser or the App on my Droid X it  won't give me current status, it will give me posts from 12 hours ago, then 17 hours ago, then right below it will say 3 hours ago and then again go back to 17 hours ago, it's almost impossible to get the current updates.    I had a BB Storm before this and I would always get my notifications via email and on my BB.  I have a week with my X and like it but I miss a lot of messages and info that I used to get via FB. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?   Also the pictures on my Droid are horrible!!! I've played with the settings and everything and  they look very grainy.  I'm really surprised since it's an 8mp camera and also since the camcorder is amazing. Any fixes on this?   Thanks, Solange    
I know this is a silly question but what is the difference between the stock sms text and the Handcent texting app?  Does it have graphics?  I just got my phone and i'm trying to figure out what ... See more...
I know this is a silly question but what is the difference between the stock sms text and the Handcent texting app?  Does it have graphics?  I just got my phone and i'm trying to figure out what to get from the market.  Thanks
at first it wouldn't work so I took out my battery and now it's working,.  Thanks!
Thanks Meshe, I've been doing that  with pictures and it doesn't work. Should I take out the battery and see if that helps? How about FB anyone else have a super delay with the notifications? . 
I'm having the same problems with Facebook. I'm really getting annoyed with FB. Does anyone else refresh and still show posts from the day before or several  hours earlier and none of the current... See more...
I'm having the same problems with Facebook. I'm really getting annoyed with FB. Does anyone else refresh and still show posts from the day before or several  hours earlier and none of the current updates?  When I logged in at home I had like 50 notifications.  I hope it's just a temporary glitch.   Also with Gmail it was working fine and then stopped, so I played around with the setting and it said the account was not synced with the phone, I checked it to sync and so far so good.  Hope that helps with that issue.    Also since we are on the subject of problems, and I'm sorry if this is on another thread, I was looking but didn't find, does anyone know how to save pictures from text messages or email to the phone? I have been trying too and can't.  I just got it Thursday and haven't had time to really play with it, also does not help that I can't sync it to my PC at home to add my music or pictures.    I'm liking the phone just have to learn it I guess I will take the tutorial at the Verizon Store that was offered to me.  Has anyone taken it? Is it worth it?
I'm having the same problem with Google mail and I'm actually getting all of my AOL emails with no problem.  I just got my X on Thursday and was getting gmail fine until Saturday.  Today I went i... See more...
I'm having the same problem with Google mail and I'm actually getting all of my AOL emails with no problem.  I just got my X on Thursday and was getting gmail fine until Saturday.  Today I went in and it said my account was not synced so I clicked on it and have been getting them again.  Let's see if works because it is annoying to refresh all the time. 
i just got mine at my office but I'm afraid to set it up as I may not get any work done.  So excited!
Did your confirmation email not provide the tracking info? Mine does and I should have it tomorrow the day it was supposed to ship.  I just checked online and it stills says shipping out 9/9 😉  ... See more...
Did your confirmation email not provide the tracking info? Mine does and I should have it tomorrow the day it was supposed to ship.  I just checked online and it stills says shipping out 9/9 😉  Hope you get it soon.
I ordered it online 8/25 and was advised it would ship 9/9.  However it shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow.  Can't wait to finally get it.     
Hi, there's a post that I found on the 2nd page of this forum, called Ringer (i think ;-)) that offers a few solutions.  One is a reset, checkign the silence mode and another was taking it to the... See more...
Hi, there's a post that I found on the 2nd page of this forum, called Ringer (i think ;-)) that offers a few solutions.  One is a reset, checkign the silence mode and another was taking it to the Verizon Store.  You may want to read it over and see what works for you.  My cousin also hadinstalled an app that kills the ringer when you have an event in your calendar, unfortunately I don't recall the name of the app but you may want to take a look at that as well.   Hope you find a solution soon, I go crazy when I don't get my notifications.