Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,820 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

Soly29's Posts

yes it did, make sure you back up your contacts to the VZW backup assistant  and google.  Most of your pictures will be on your SD card.  It's annoying i've had to do it twice already.  If it hap... See more...
yes it did, make sure you back up your contacts to the VZW backup assistant  and google.  Most of your pictures will be on your SD card.  It's annoying i've had to do it twice already.  If it happens again I will be taking the phone to Verizon store to see what the deal is.  You will just lose any text messages you have.  Good luck
after calling Customer Service, i had to do a factory reset, which solved the issue for me. 
I tried all that unfortunately it's still not working. I will call customer service when I get home. Thanks for the reply
I have been unable to download any apps to my phone from the market.  I keep getting a message saying Download Unsuccessful.  I took out the battery, restarted, made sure that 3rd party apps are ... See more...
I have been unable to download any apps to my phone from the market.  I keep getting a message saying Download Unsuccessful.  I took out the battery, restarted, made sure that 3rd party apps are allowed and nothing is working.  It stopped working on Friday.  Is anyone else having this problem?   Any suggestions?   Thanks, S
yellowboy74 wrote: Soly 29 Wrote:   I love the phone, everyone in my office is commenting on it.  I just want to download the Google apps now and I'll be all set.  Any apps you recommend? ... See more...
yellowboy74 wrote: Soly 29 Wrote:   I love the phone, everyone in my office is commenting on it.  I just want to download the Google apps now and I'll be all set.  Any apps you recommend?   First of all , get LauncherPro Plus Launcher. Unless you like TouchWiz. My favorite Apps are Handcent, Angry Birds, Beautiful widgets, AOnline Radio , Pandora , Kindle, Wiki-Mobile, Raging Thunder2, and Astro File Manager. thanks! I will definitely check these out.  I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can play with it more.  They frown upon to much use here at work LOL. 
It was weird they tried everything not to get me to switch, even saying they didn't want me to have to pay the $35 re-stocking fee.  Also they kept telling me my 30-days were up because I ordered... See more...
It was weird they tried everything not to get me to switch, even saying they didn't want me to have to pay the $35 re-stocking fee.  Also they kept telling me my 30-days were up because I ordered August 25th.  I explained to them that I ordered it on that date but received it on 9/9 and was specifically told by a customer service rep that my 30 days would be up from the date activated/received and not ordered.  Luckily it was in my file that I had called and spoke to the rep.  I was getting annoyed but in the end it all worked out.   I love the phone, everyone in my office is commenting on it.  I just want to download the Google apps now and I'll be all set.  Any apps you recommend?
I got my fascinate and I'm in love. What a difference! The reps tried to convince me to keep my X but I ignored them. This screen is awesome... Thanks all for the advice.
I'm in the process of doing this now after everythign is set up on my phone do I turn on Automatic Restore or do I leave unchecked?  Thanks!
I had more or less the same issue.  I couldn't even open my camera after a while.  I had to back up my phone and do a factory reset.  That solved it for me.  Good Luck.
I can't type when I'm in the browser and I can't scroll down when im in the crappy fb for android lol. I've down 2 master resets and nothing works. My pictures are horrible unless I set the camera... See more...
I can't type when I'm in the browser and I can't scroll down when im in the crappy fb for android lol. I've down 2 master resets and nothing works. My pictures are horrible unless I set the camera on 3mp and my texts are all out of order. Im going to try one more time to see.
Its very annoying and i'm fed up already. The X overall is a great phone but it seems that the things I use the most is where I'm having the most issues; texting, camera & facebook.
Is anyone having this problem? When I'm in FB I can't scroll down no matter which way I put my phone. Also if I'm using FB from the Browser I can't type anything?  I've already done 2 hard resets... See more...
Is anyone having this problem? When I'm in FB I can't scroll down no matter which way I put my phone. Also if I'm using FB from the Browser I can't type anything?  I've already done 2 hard resets since the upgrade to Froyo and haven't  had any luck with this issue.   Thanks
I ordered my X online and was told I should return it via FedEx and request the Fascinate on line as well.  However I may call to see if I can just do an even exchange since they both cost the sa... See more...
I ordered my X online and was told I should return it via FedEx and request the Fascinate on line as well.  However I may call to see if I can just do an even exchange since they both cost the same.  I will let you know as soon as I get it. One of my co-workers has the Fascinate and it's awesome.
I had a similar problem, I would take the pictures and see them in the preview and when I went to the gallery there would be a black and white image (not the picture) as if it were corrupt. Then ... See more...
I had a similar problem, I would take the pictures and see them in the preview and when I went to the gallery there would be a black and white image (not the picture) as if it were corrupt. Then the next day the camera would not load at all, I would press the red button, try it from the home screen and nothing, it's as if I had no camera.  I took it in to the store and the rep said it was not an issue, that I simply had to do a hard reset, which he proceeded to do.  The rep made me feel like I was crazy and there is simply nothing wrong with the X.  It worked but seriously I'm not sure if every time I have a problem,  I want to do a hard reset.  It's simply annoying.    I'm sure you probably tried doing the hard reset but if not then maybe you should, hopefully that will fix it.   My 30 days are almost up, I have exactly 20 days with my X but I don't think I will make it to the 31st day with it.  Considering a Fascinate or even the Incredible at this point.  Good Luck.
I agree with you about the screen, the Fascinate is just beautiful in comparison to my X.  Don't get me wrong the X is a great phone but it's just not cutting it for me.  I like to receive my FB ... See more...
I agree with you about the screen, the Fascinate is just beautiful in comparison to my X.  Don't get me wrong the X is a great phone but it's just not cutting it for me.  I like to receive my FB notifications, love to look at a bright colorful screen and definitely want great pictures, I can't carry my camera around with me at all times .  The Rep I dealt with on this visit, was an X owner and thought I was absolutely crazy for even thinking of switching my phone.  I went in because my camera wouldn't load and every time I pressed it would close and when it took the pics I could see them for a few seconds buth then when I would go to the gallery I'd get a black and white square as if the picture was corrupt.  He did a hard reset and it was solved but my pictures are still lousy and grainy.    As soon as I get my Fascinate, I will let you guys know 🙂  Thanks again for all the input!
I upgraded to 2.2, have Gmail as  my FB email and am still not getting any notifications or recent posts/updates.  I've un-installed and re-installed a few times and still nothing.   I have to go... See more...
I upgraded to 2.2, have Gmail as  my FB email and am still not getting any notifications or recent posts/updates.  I've un-installed and re-installed a few times and still nothing.   I have to go on via the browser  and then I see my notifications.  Has anyone had better luck?
Lol I was the one who said the X's photo quality was like an old flip phone. The funny thing is I went to the verizon store and the rep was trying to persuade me to stay with the X and was trying ... See more...
Lol I was the one who said the X's photo quality was like an old flip phone. The funny thing is I went to the verizon store and the rep was trying to persuade me to stay with the X and was trying to convince me that the only reason the fascinate looked good was because of the super amoled screen and that once I uploaded pics it would look bad. I found that strange and decided to try the x for a few more days and then return via fedex.
I have until October 8th to switch but as every day passes I'm leaning towards the Fascinate.  thanks for replying
I find upgrading online the best with Verizon, they honor your $100 credit for the new every 2 and also do any rebates (if available) immediately instead of mailing it in.  I know some people do ... See more...
I find upgrading online the best with Verizon, they honor your $100 credit for the new every 2 and also do any rebates (if available) immediately instead of mailing it in.  I know some people do not like to wait for the new phones but I don't like to wait for my rebate so it works best for me.  They gave me the $100 credit after 20 months and I got my X for $99.99 online. 
Curious to know if you are still in love with your Fascinate?  I'm thinking of switching and am undecided.  there's a few things on the X I'm not happy about since the update, my texts are displa... See more...
Curious to know if you are still in love with your Fascinate?  I'm thinking of switching and am undecided.  there's a few things on the X I'm not happy about since the update, my texts are displayed in a random order not in the order received, my camera sucks and its a hassle to forward texts and pictures now as well.  Facebook is just awful with updates showing from the previous day even if I press refresh.  I'm actually going to the Verizon store now to play with it and the Incredible.  Thanks!