Did you install the drivers?  Did you try using Samsungs own usb cable?  Need more information to know what's going on
The pixel doesn't have Verizon's name on it. iPhones, HTC U11 and U12 don't. The only way devices won't work on Verizon network if they haven't been certified which doesn't cost OEMs money to go ... Ver más...
The pixel doesn't have Verizon's name on it. iPhones, HTC U11 and U12 don't. The only way devices won't work on Verizon network if they haven't been certified which doesn't cost OEMs money to go through. Asking Asus they should give you an answer because if they are going through the process then that means it will be on Verizon as soon as they pass.
You can switch to another carrier and you will be on the same boat after you took the shiny deal to switch to them.  So if this is going to be about "loyalty" then no carrier will fit. 
gvanmeter81 wrote: It would really be nice if Samsung would communicate that on launch. Tell the customer that TMobile has a 30, 60, or 90 day exclusive rather than just leaving their c... Ver más...
gvanmeter81 wrote: It would really be nice if Samsung would communicate that on launch. Tell the customer that TMobile has a 30, 60, or 90 day exclusive rather than just leaving their customers guessing. That would defeat the purpose of being exclusive.  T-Mobile paid a lot to see people potentially switching.  If people are impatient and switch well T-Mobile made theirs while Samsung made theirs.  If Samsung says something then there is less incentive as there may be less people switching if they knew they had to wait a short period of time.
LISLEW84 wrote: Read the notes on our account I was on the phone for over 4 hours. Why do I have to tell you people a hundred times This is a peer to peer forum.  Rarely do Verizon... Ver más...
LISLEW84 wrote: Read the notes on our account I was on the phone for over 4 hours. Why do I have to tell you people a hundred times This is a peer to peer forum.  Rarely do Verizon reps come to the boards and answer questions. 
Verizon for example could pay OEMs to put Message+ on their branded phones like they do today. Google won't stop anyone because it isn't actually default(that's why the article put it in quotes).... See more...
Verizon for example could pay OEMs to put Message+ on their branded phones like they do today. Google won't stop anyone because it isn't actually default(that's why the article put it in quotes). Even Samsung still chooses to use their own custom app over using Android Messages.   Don't worry Verizon will eventually move over. If majority of the world and their competition uses it they would have no choice when people get accustomed to using them.
It's not default as I suspected.  It's not forced onto the device in the way of Google app, or Google Play Services. It's backs what I said right there... But “default messaging app” is a v... Ver más...
It's not default as I suspected.  It's not forced onto the device in the way of Google app, or Google Play Services. It's backs what I said right there... But "default messaging app" is a very fraught idea on Android, where Google is pursuing a three-fold app strategy that also includes Allo and Hangouts. In this context, what it really means is that a slew of Android manufacturers have agreed to use Android Messenger instead of a custom app made by the manufacturer .
Source please. It's not part of AOSP and Samsung messages for example works with Android messages. That goes against the very notion that Google is going to bundle it. Samsung and Google Coll... Ver más...
Source please. It's not part of AOSP and Samsung messages for example works with Android messages. That goes against the very notion that Google is going to bundle it. Samsung and Google Collaborate on RCS Messaging for Android - Samsung Global Newsroom
The_Keebla wrote: I'm with you on this one. I figure RCS would've been implement quickly for every carrier. For iMessage yes everyone does have to use iPhone but at the same time Messages... Ver más...
The_Keebla wrote: I'm with you on this one. I figure RCS would've been implement quickly for every carrier. For iMessage yes everyone does have to use iPhone but at the same time Messages is there default messaging app so yes they will all have it active. Since Google is making Android Messages default in most Android phones they could do the same thing as a workaround for carrier support just to show the benefits of Chat type messaging through any phone or carrier. Google isn't making Android Messages default.  I don't know who told you that.
Aemarzan wrote: Ok. How about this. Let's not even use the term RCS. Or RCS tech. Since you work in this field let me ask you this. Do you think carriers will ever be able to work togethe... Ver más...
Aemarzan wrote: Ok. How about this. Let's not even use the term RCS. Or RCS tech. Since you work in this field let me ask you this. Do you think carriers will ever be able to work together and establish some form of tech or way to make our messaging experience close to the likes of WhatsApp, kik, iMessage etc? Is there any technology out there that can even do it? Yes, but right now it's still in the growing phase just like how SMS and MMS has gone through.  It'll happen but realistically by 2020 when interloping and all carriers are on board the new standard.  It will be RCS as it's a GSMA standard.  It's not about working together it's about GSMA setting the standards and everyone complying to said standard.  For example T-Mobile uses V1, and Sprint uses the latest version.  This breaks interloping as it wasn't introduced until 2.0 iirc.  AT&T said they are working on it, but they haven't said what version.  We don't even know if they are going to use their backend, Google's, or Samsung's(backend doesn't matter as it complies with GSMA standards).  Verizon if they are late to the party chances are because of Block C rules they'll use the latest version if GSMA forces a specific version(which they will if mature enough like SMS/MMS/IMS). I use an iPhone X, HTC U12, and Note 9 on T-Mobile (Digits all active with the same number).  For Verizon I sport the Z2 Force. This is one of the bad reasons not to use text over data as all carriers have some version that does that and is not RCS and uses IMS Verizon Messages - Text Over WiFi & Cellular | Verizon Wireless
One extra thing.  I would rather for them to get interloping down like SMS/MMS.  At that point is when people should really start caring because at this point skype, and such are a better alterna... Ver más...
One extra thing.  I would rather for them to get interloping down like SMS/MMS.  At that point is when people should really start caring because at this point skype, and such are a better alternative because it is not carrier dependent.  iMessages is popular mainly because it isn't carrier dependent and it just works.  RCS is nowhere near that level to actually be asking for it.
Aemarzan wrote: ♂️ Lol. When did I ever say they were the same? I’m not talking about features. I’m talking about quality of messaging. All those apps you mentioned have one thing in... Ver más...
Aemarzan wrote: ♂️ Lol. When did I ever say they were the same? I'm not talking about features. I'm talking about quality of messaging. All those apps you mentioned have one thing in common. They all use data for exchange. But! it only works end to end meaning if the other person doesn't have the same app it doesn't work! Same as whatsapp, Kik. All use data but both parties have to use the same app either platform Android or iOS . So why can't all carriers make a uniformed messaging app that functions like those apps mentioned and call it a day? SMS/MMS does go over data??? It does? Oh man by all means please explain this to me and show me how to enable IMS on my Note 9 on Verizon. Help me out. I'd love to send and receive sms/mms messages without the horrific compression, size restrictions/caps. Please. By all means do tell. That's what my whole argument and complaint has been about and here you had the answer all along. Why didn't you just say so in the beginning! So tell me. How do I activate or use this IMS option? I'm dead serious. I disagree. Way more than a bunch want it. The issue is not many either know that there is better or they just plain simple have no choice and arent vocal about it. If you don't mind me asking what phone do you use? You keep comparing RCS to iMessages as if they are supposed to be the same.  Well with iOS everyone NEEDS to be on iOS to use iMessages.  If not everything is compressed and sent through SMS/MMS system...  So it's just like Skype, KiK, Whatsapp, or whatever what not messaging services.  With RCS current implementation it doesn't always work, and you are tied to carrier only and there is no interloping between carriers.  So your friend on T-Mobile for example you guys would fall back on SMS/MMS and you'd be stuck on the same boat even if you have RCS. turn off cellular data and send a MMS with wifi off.  Oops can't send it because it uses data.  Go figure...  As I said you have no idea how everything works.  Try making a video call... Can't do that either.  RCS is more than just sending pictures. I am willing to bet less than 10% of the world knows what RCS is, and less than that want it as bad as you do.  My field of work is mobile technologies just a heads up.  The numbers are not as large as you think it is.
Yes RCS is 1/2 baked right now. There is no interloping between carriers. So no 100 people chats across carriers whether domestic or foreign. No up to 2GB file transfers between carriers. Now vid... See more...
Yes RCS is 1/2 baked right now. There is no interloping between carriers. So no 100 people chats across carriers whether domestic or foreign. No up to 2GB file transfers between carriers. Now video chat cross carriers. The whole point of RCS is supposed to be just like SMS but better. At the moment it is no where near better. On paper it is but at current times it is far from it.
You have to take that up with the NFL. They maintain and develop the app.
RCS is completely different than iMessages. They are not one in the same. By that token then we've been using RCS for years if you think they are the same... AIM, Skype, Google Talk, and do I nee... Ver más...
RCS is completely different than iMessages. They are not one in the same. By that token then we've been using RCS for years if you think they are the same... AIM, Skype, Google Talk, and do I need to go on as to say it's the same? They are similar, but does things differently. Also SMS/MMS does go over data if you chose it to do so. It has been for a while now which carriers have been using called IMS. So you already have the option to use them. It's not about catch up...  It's about demand and there isn't a lot of it. Just because a bunch of people asking for it doesn't mean everyone wants it or care.
Care to wager I have never worked for Verizon nor have I have any vested interest in the company. The company I work for supplies my service with Verizon. For my personal line I amon T-Mobile. ... See more...
Care to wager I have never worked for Verizon nor have I have any vested interest in the company. The company I work for supplies my service with Verizon. For my personal line I amon T-Mobile. I spoke with my money a long time ago. I don't care who does it first... being a leader in a saturated market means little sorry to say. Marketing loves people like you, because it works.  Always got to have the latest and greatest even if it is half baked right now.
Aemarzan wrote: I think we are confusing the question. Yes they sent out the update to activate the S7 and S7 edge and will be updating other Android phone via software update. What I... See more...
Aemarzan wrote: I think we are confusing the question. Yes they sent out the update to activate the S7 and S7 edge and will be updating other Android phone via software update. What I am saying is that all the phones in terms of hardware are already capable of RCS. A simple update and voilà you have RCS! It's that simple. So im confused? What is your argument/point? You don't believe that Verizon should implement RCS? You think messaging should continue to be sent on restricted poor quality celular network exchange? You don't want Verizon to utilize the data exchange for our messaging like iMessage which we are paying for anyway? Any thoughts on my other point? • Carriers purposely not allowing SMS & MMS to utilize data with messages to boost iPhone sales? Carriers make no money off devices so selling one device over another is laughable...  Seriously carriers testified this on court and OEMs confirmed this in the same court case.  Carriers actually would rather not sell devices for a long time now, but they only do it because people expect them to and can't grasp paying the real cost of devices. RCS is late to the party there is NO carrier interloping at this moment.  Not even between Sprint, T-Mobile, or any international carrier.  Why invest in something at the moment when 99% of the customer base doesn't care about it. RCS is more than updating a device with a simple update.  RCS is more than just sending SMS/MMS over data.  MMS and group messages already go over carrier data channels.  T-Mobile had to do a lot of backend stuff just to enabled it.  Sprint did the same, and they are sorely lacking in other areas besides coverage.  3/4 of their network can't even do VoLTE(which breaks RCS). So at this moment people shouldn't even sweat it.  $$$ talks and right now your money is saying I like the way things are now because you are still here paying the bill.
Actually all watches are unlocked. All the galaxy S and watch are.  The problem is how Samsung did the sims software. It's just easier to say they are locked than to explain the software. It ... See more...
Actually all watches are unlocked. All the galaxy S and watch are.  The problem is how Samsung did the sims software. It's just easier to say they are locked than to explain the software. It does work as a standalone device but you need a phone to activate the sim on your specific network.
As long as the ports are designed with USB spec in mind you are fine.
Check to see how many devices you have authorized. If it's more than 10 then you have to deauthorize a device to activate your current device.